Bernstein: "There should be more developments over the weekend ..."

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Soooo.... nothing but school girl gossip presented as something more in other words?

You claim it's "presented as more" How so? Who claimed its ever more than that? It's merely I have contact with one of the people who sits in the room with the mccaskies when they discuss things, maybe actually one of those non-family owners, and this is what is going on in the room... never heard it presented as anything mighty. That's ones unfounded assumption if they think so.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bernstein 4.55 pm 12/22 on The Score -

Bernstein's source indicated Trestman began to lose the locker room and Halas Hall when he didn't fire Mel Tucker after last season.

Trestman was urged to retain Tucker by Emery, thereby putting both of them in the crosshairs from last offseason on ...

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

Bernstein's source indicated Trestman began to lose the locker room and Halas Hall when he didn't fire Mel Tucker after last season.

Trestman was urged to retain Tucker by Emery, thereby putting both of them in the crosshairs from last offseason on ...

This indicates Phil Emery is emasculating his head coach. You have to fire Emery then if you wish to get a coach worth a damn.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's pretty awesome. Those two got in bed together on tucker and now that one of them has shit the bed, they're both fighting to get out of it.

On a side note, and it may be in this thread somewhere, I heard that one of the first things Trestman as head coach was ban music and cussing in the locker room. Which is kind of bizarre when you think about football and how violent it is. Briggs and Tillman had to plead with him to relax on those rules as he was already losing the locker room in year 1. I think I heard this from Adam Hoge a few weeks ago.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Soooo.... nothing but school girl gossip presented as something more in other words?

So Boers, Bernstein, and Arkush are all in collusion creating false "sources" within Halas Hall in order to prop up their own ratings/journalism credentials? You're creating a scenario that's far more unlikely than the one in which they all do indeed have different sources within Halas Hall.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Bernstein 4.30 pm 12/22 on The Score -

Bernstein reports he has touched base with his source again. No change from what he has previously reported. A lot is up in the air - everything is on the table. Emery not yet fired, but his seat is very hot. In contrast to years past, the McCaskeys know that they need to move quickly, and are doing so.

Let the naysaying of Bernstein's sources continue ...

Scary that at this point "everything is on the table with Emery". What is going to change over 1 final game that they dont already know about him? The decision should have already been made, one way or the other.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Boers, Bernstein, and Arkush are all in collusion creating false "sources" within Halas Hall in order to prop up their own ratings/journalism credentials? You're creating a scenario that's far more unlikely than the one in which they all do indeed have different sources within Halas Hall.

It's the meatballers lament - "screw the media, they're all liars, they don't know anything ... yes, mom, I tried to find a job today, and I'll be right up from the basement for dinner."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Flush the entire thing.

Tucker is the turd that keeps on stinking.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Scary that at this point "everything is on the table with Emery". What is going to change over 1 final game that they dont already know about him? The decision should have already been made, one way or the other.

They are probably lining people up and having interest. No sense in firing Emery before they have a plan in place for what they are going to do.

My guess is that they are trying to get some outside opinions on Emery as well.

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the info fellas...

Please keep news and opinions coming!

I want to see this sh*t blow up. I still can't believe how the organization and team regressed so much in a year!

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Who could be the football presidents?

Holmgren
Shannahan
Parcells
Polian

Of that list Polian would excite me the most.

Wasn't Polian on Mulley and Hanley a few weeks ago and said he wasn't interested in running a franchise anymore? Quite frankly, aside from him, I'm not sure I like any of the other names on that list. Holmgren was awful with Cleveland and Parcells with Miami. Shanahan is too attached to Cutler.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

This indicates Phil Emery is emasculating his head coach. You have to fire Emery then if you wish to get a coach worth a damn.
So Trestman wanted to fire Tucker, but Emery said no?

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
They are probably lining people up and having interest. No sense in firing Emery before they have a plan in place for what they are going to do.

Outside opinions on emery? lmao. What a fucking joke. What about the part where he's fucked up this team for 3 years?

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:

I never suggested otherwise, and what you said is exactly the point. They are 7 days away from when they should begin aggressively pursing "the plan".
The criticism is that they don't know what "the plan" is yet, and with 7 days to go that should be decided upon by now.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery and trestman should both be shown the door. im ok with keeping cutler or letting him go.. Whatever the new coach wants

http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/7/72/364648/jay-cutler-2015/

After a report suggesting Jim Harbaugh may be a candidate for the Chicago Bears head coaching job in 2015, another report from CBS has been released saying Jay Cutler will remain with the team next year too.

While head coach Marc Trestman is all but certain of being fired next week and GM Phil Emery could meet the same fate, Cutler’s hefty contract, his recent performance and other factors have created a climate where the Bears are effectively stuck with Cutler for two more years, numerous league sources said.

Liked Posts:
http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/7/72/364648/jay-cutler-2015/

After a report suggesting Jim Harbaugh may be a candidate for the Chicago Bears head coaching job in 2015, another report from CBS has been released saying Jay Cutler will remain with the team next year too.

While head coach Marc Trestman is all but certain of being fired next week and GM Phil Emery could meet the same fate, Cutler’s hefty contract, his recent performance and other factors have created a climate where the Bears are effectively stuck with Cutler for two more years, numerous league sources said.

Two more years of my boy Jay Cutler?! Oh hell yeeeeeaaaah!!!!!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two more years of my boy Jay Cutler?! Oh hell yeeeeeaaaah!!!!!
An article declares how Bears are stuck with Cutler cause his contract is too big and he has sucked so bad and you reply with this nonsense, obviously showing you are no fan of the Chicago Bears but rather just a freak with a disgusting crush on another man. You make me sick.