Why no rumors of Bears approaching Harbaugh?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised the Bears haven't at least inquired.

Nick80

Have you started a false rumor on twitter yet? That'll help ..

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought you reported the 49ers benched him for Mike Singletary on Wednesday

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Schefter keeps saying the Raiders will go after him. Why isn't he saying that the Bears will too? Last I checked, both teams have coaches.

The Raiders have an Interim-Head Coach actually. And there isn't any actual moves still that they could do to acquire him. It's because it's likely that Oakland will make the offer as it is a clear opening. It's not known who the Bears will go after if they do actually fire Trestman/Emery

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The Raiders have an Interim-Head Coach actually. And there isn't any actual moves still that they could do to acquire him. It's because it's likely that Oakland will make the offer as it is a clear opening. It's not known who the Bears will go after if they do actually fire Trestman/Emery

I understand but it's likely that both Oakland and Chicago will be in search of new head coaches. Why is it more likely that Oakland will go after Harbaugh than Chicago?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I understand but it's likely that both Oakland and Chicago will be in search of new head coaches. Why is it more likely that Oakland will go after Harbaugh than Chicago?

It's not just likely.. it's 100% known Oakland is going to be searching for a HC. Outside of reports by people Berstein, Hub, or some other twitter names claims, it's not known for certain Trestman will be fired and the Bears will be looking for a HC. Even teams that have an interm, then hire him, usually conduct searches of other HCs before hiring their interm guy fulltime.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I've been wondering something similar , but then I figured:

1) With the future of Emery still in flux, why would ownership rush out into the coaching replacement rumor mill without anything definitive on a GM?

2) I'm not sure Harbaugh is ownership's kind of guy anyway.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
As far as 2) is concerned, the McCaskeys supposedly love Harbaugh and considered hiring him from Stanford before ultimately deciding to give Lovie his extension.

If one thing is certain, they do love their ex-Bears.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I know a waiter in China Town in SF that saw a old gray haired guy eating with another guy wearing khakis. He swears it was George McCaskey and Harbaugh, either that or it was Jake, from State Farm, but I'm betting Harbaugh.

There. Happy.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
As far as 2) is concerned, the McCaskeys supposedly love Harbaugh and considered hiring him from Stanford before ultimately deciding to give Lovie his extension.

If one thing is certain, they do love their ex-Bears.

I'm surprised to hear this. The McCaskeys seem like they wouldn't be into the big personality coaches.

Also, get your well-reasoned logic out of here while I'm trying to talk out my ass.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Schefter keeps saying the Raiders will go after him. Why isn't he saying that the Bears will too? Last I checked, both teams have coaches.
He was on a ESPN show yesterday and mentioned the Bears while taking about Harbaugh