If Bears had beaten GB last season..

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
to make the playoffs, would Emergy/Trestman/Cutler get a pass on this season?

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Then with the worser draft position we could've picked up Johnny Manzeil with no buyers remorse?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Almost certainly.

The new coach would've gotten to the playoffs in his first season, giving desperate fans the thirst quench they so need. Emery's the guy who brought him here, and Jay's running his system.

This instant good will would've bought all three of them at least another year, even if fans entered 2015 with pessimism.

You don't get rid of your guys one year removed from the playoffs. Unless you're the 49ers

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If this season had not been such a disaster and embarassment I could see them getting a pass, but this groups dysfunction has made them a sideshow.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting question. As the others have said I agree with as well. This season would have been bad luck. But it is so epic in its ineptness that its more than that. This year showed us that we had the wrong people. It actually SAVED us two to three more years. In a way, it's honestly what we needed.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think so. With the way this whole team has spiraled out of control and all the drama I'd like to think they'd all still be gone.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Almost certainly.

The new coach would've gotten to the playoffs in his first season, giving desperate fans the thirst quench they so need. Emery's the guy who brought him here, and Jay's running his system.

This instant good will would've bought all three of them at least another year, even if fans entered 2015 with pessimism.

You don't get rid of your guys one year removed from the playoffs. Unless you're the 49ers

i disagree. i mean, assuming this season goes exactly as it has, i don't see anyway the front office could justify bringing trestman back. it's not about on the field, it's about the absolute dysfunction in the locker room and between the coaches and players.

last year is irrelevant. this season has been so incredibly ugly, and it's all been done in the light of day, for everyone to see. nothing that happened in 2013 would change what a train wreck this season has become both on and off the field.

Joker85

Liked Posts:
Someone said on TV the other day that the Bears are completely harmless in all 3 phases. That was the word that sums up this team so well. The Chicago Bears are harmless.

I think if they had been competitive this year, fought their asses off and just lose somewhat close games due to a lack of talent on the D or even Cutler's turnovers the staff would get one more year to try again.

But this team has been completely uncompetitive - harmless - all year. When teams play the Bears what do they worry about that week during meetings? Nothing. Because they have nothing to fear. That's why everyone is going to be gone.

Losing is one thing. Looking like you are a college team every week going against pros is quite another.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
I'm glad that this thread was created. I almost forgot about the multiple 4th down opportunities that our defense allowed the Packers to successfully convert after Jay Cutler out-dueled Aaron Rodgers and had just taken us down the field to capture the lead with barely any time left in regulation.

If only someone at Halas Hall had the balls to fire Mel Tucker immediately after that season-ending game. I betcha some of the "football experts" in this very thread were defending Mel Tucker back then.

Such a shame that the defense cost us two seasons in a row, yet idiots on this message board found a way to convince other idiots on this message board that Jay Cutler is the problem and that he needs to be removed asap.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm glad that this thread was created. I almost forgot about the multiple 4th down opportunities that our defense allowed the Packers to successfully convert after Jay Cutler out-dueled Aaron Rodgers and had just taken us down the field to capture the lead with barely any time left in regulation.

If only someone at Halas Hall had the balls to fire Mel Tucker immediately after that season-ending game. I betcha some of the "football experts" in this very thread were defending Mel Tucker back then.

Such a shame that the defense cost us two seasons in a row, yet idiots on this message board found a way to convince other idiots on this message board that Jay Cutler is the problem and that he needs to be removed asap.

LOL at finding many experts that defend Mel tucker. The best you'll get is that the O compounded his suckiness.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

LOL at finding many experts that defend Mel tucker. The best you'll get is that the O and his players compounded his suckiness but suckiness is always part of the equation.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman's BS about not calling a TO against the Ravens should have been enough to prove that he's a dumbass. The 2nd Down FG solidified it. All of the other nonsense talk around those further solidfied it. Playoffs or no playoffs the guy is a moron. I have no idea why he is still coaching your team.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Then with the worser draft position we could've picked up Johnny Manzeil with no buyers remorse?

You should feel remorse for saying "worser" and suggesting that we should have drafted Manziel.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
LOL at finding many experts that defend Mel tucker.
You need to re-read my post that you quoted. I clearly wrote "football experts in this very thread", which points to the wanna-be experts on this message board.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
To the original question: maybe... Butterfly effect? Maybe a win vs. GB and a playoff game, win or lose, helps Jay buy into Trest, the D buy into Tucker, maybe carries over effort wise to this year and it's not such a train wreck. It's interesting.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Cutler and Emery may be fine in that scenario, Trestman couldn't in anyway after this coaching extravaganza.