Football Outsiders Article Brett Hundley

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I think it's important to ignore a lot of the naysayers of this QB class and understand that there could easily be three players worth a first round selection in this draft in Mariota, Winston and Hundley. If two of e three are off the board then Hundley could be there to trade up for in the back end of the first round or at the top of the second round. Hundley in my opinion is the most NFL ready QB in this draft.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2014/futures-ucla-qb-brett-hundley

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The one game that I saw of Hundley that made me think this kid has got something. Was 2 years ago against Nebraska, they looked absolutely terrible in the 1st half. Hundley took charge in the 2nd half of that game, and played about as well as you could. A complete 180 from what he looked like in the 1st half. Although I would prefer Mariota, I would gladly be happy with Hundley under center here in Chicago.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's important to ignore a lot of the naysayers of this QB class and understand that there could easily be three players worth a first round selection in this draft in Mariota, Winston and Hundley. If two of e three are off the board then Hundley could be there to trade up for in the back end of the first round or at the top of the second round. Hundley in my opinion is the most NFL ready QB in this draft.

Shockingly I actually agree with something you posted. It's laughable to watch the Cutler excuse makers act like the Bears can't possibly draft a QB this year.

Hundley is a very good option that will be there for the taking if the Bears want to draft him by either trading down in the 1st or back up in the 2nd. I'd take him in a heartbeat over Cutler at this point. We're already watching a 9 year vet that's playing like a confused rookie anyways so we might as well play a real rookie next year that actually still has upside and can develop his game.

Queue up Despbruhtard's latest whine "YOU DON'T HAVE A PLAN NEXT YEAR WITHOUT CUTLER".

Well here's your plan bruh. Draft Hundley and let him start and begin his development. Cutler can ride the pine and begin the clipboard holding stage of his career as the NFL's most expensive backup if nobody will trade us for him.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Shockingly I actually agree with something you posted. It's laughable to watch the Cutler excuse makers act like the Bears can't possibly draft a QB this year.

Hundley is a very good option that will be there for the taking if the Bears want to draft him by either trading down in the 1st or back up in the 2nd. I'd take him in a heartbeat over Cutler at this point. We're already watching a 9 year vet that's playing like a confused rookie anyways so we might as well play a real rookie next year that actually still has upside and can develop his game.

Queue up Despbruhtard's latest whine "YOU DON'T HAVE A PLAN NEXT YEAR WITHOUT CUTLER".

Well here's your plan bruh. Draft Hundley and let him start and begin his development. Cutler can ride the pine and begin the clipboard holding stage of his career as the NFL's most expensive backup if nobody will trade us for him.

Well here's your plan bruh. Draft Hundley and let him start and begin his development. Cutler can ride the pine and begin the clipboard holding stage of his career as the NFL's most expensive backup if nobody will trade us for him

Actually, I'd sit Hundley and let him watch jay for most of the season ( so Hundley can learn what not to do as a Qb). Now if we go into a horrendous losing streak, then I'd let BH play.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Coming into this yr I loved Hundley...

I didn't get a chance to watch him a ton this fall, but it seemed like he didn't take that next step.

Am I wrong.

DEFINITELY has the physical tools to play in the NFL. Ofc so does our current QB, so.....

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I like Hundley, but it's way to early to know who we will have a shot at. We honestly might have to trade up to get our man. Dumb ass Winston might go on another seafood stealing spree. Hundley could have the best workout that the "experts" have ever seen. I think it's very likely that a quarterback we hadn't even thought about will be a late riser and one of the annointed will drop. I could see some team falling in love with Dak Prescott and his upside. This time last year most people thought Manziel would be a top 10 pick.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Coming into this yr I loved Hundley...

I didn't get a chance to watch him a ton this fall, but it seemed like he didn't take that next step.

Am I wrong.

DEFINITELY has the physical tools to play in the NFL. Ofc so does our current QB, so.....

Yes. Quite a few analysts have said he's progressed from this season from last.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I like Hundley, but it's way to early to know who we will have a shot at. We honestly might have to trade up to get our man. Dumb ass Winston might go on another seafood stealing spree. Hundley could have the best workout that the "experts" have ever seen. I think it's very likely that a quarterback we hadn't even thought about will be a late riser and one of the annointed will drop. I could see some team falling in love with Dak Prescott and his upside. This time last year most people thought Manziel would be a top 10 pick.

Dak Prescott could be there.....some teams are not gonna like his size.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

You're a hypocrite. You were the biggest Jay Cutler defender and you took offense to anyone that bashed him before. Ridiculous for you to bring up Desperado as "whiner" when you got into arguments all the time with with the posters that didn't like Cutler.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, I'd sit Hundley and let him watch jay for most of the season ( so Hundley can learn what not to do as a Qb). Now if we go into a horrendous losing streak, then I'd let BH play.

Can someone please explain the logic of drafting a new QB and sitting him behind Cutler? This isn't a Green Bay situation with a HOF still under centers playing at a high level. This is a situation where if the rookie shows he's ready to play you play him because your current QB fucking sucks and will not be here if someone is willing to trade for him.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Can someone please explain the logic of drafting a new QB and sitting him behind Cutler? This isn't a Green Bay situation with a HOF still under centers playing at a high level. This is a situation where if the rookie shows he's ready to play you play him because your current QB fucking sucks and will not be here if someone is willing to trade for him.

Because Jay Cutler would still be a better option than a rookie quarterback. This draft class doesn't have an Andrew Luck can't miss type player. Holding the clipboard and being eased into the game is always a better option in my opinion. These guys need to be handled with care because it's important to get respect from the team, gain confidence, and transition from college to pro.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're a hypocrite. You were the biggest Jay Cutler defender and you took offense to anyone that bashed him before. Ridiculous for you to bring up Desperado as "whiner" when you got into arguments all the time with with the posters that didn't like Cutler.

Earth to moron. I've already explained this numerous times but I'll walk you thru it one more time.

I was never emotionally invested or tied to Cutler like some here. I only defended him when I felt people went overboard with their hate. I like many here felt this was a put up or shut up season and there would be no more excuses for Cutler as everything was set up for him to succeed this year and shut all the haters up.

Unfortunately Jay Cutler failed to produce and proved the haters correct in their assessment of his play. Since I'm not some blind religious nut, I'm willing to adjust my viewpoint accordingly when confronted with new evidence that disproves my original opinion. I'm not going to sit here and continue to blindly defend the guy after watching every snap of every game and seeing him prove everything the haters said about him as being true.

Hypocrite, hardly. Just calling it how it is. I was wrong about the guy and they were right. Instead of getting all butthurt about it I've moved on because I'm not an emo Cutler fanboy that can't accept the reality of the situation.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I like Hundley, hes shown improvement each years from original being recruited to run a read/option O to being asked to play the game from the pocket. I think hes shown enough of an ability to hang in the pocket and go through progressions to believe he could make the transition to the NFL.

Liked Posts:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2014/futures-ucla-qb-brett-hundley

Absolutely! I'd be very happy if the Bears drafted Hundley. I'd love the pick. I just don't see where either one of Winston or Mariotta, who both played throughout college with much better players around them than Hundley, are cut out to be any better at the pro level than Hundley. I do definitely believe that the wrong two QBs are being hyped up everyone's draft boards. If I could pick from all three QB's I'd easily take Hundley from this draft.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

.......so Hundley can learn what not to do as a Qb. Now if we go into a horrendous losing streak, then I'd let BH play.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Im with Broc, I dont buy into the sitting of young QBs, unless you drafted them as the future when you still have a great QB in place for a few years. Otherwise get them out there and let them learn and start to develop. Sitting them is nothing but a waste of time. And like Ive said before, if starting them day one breaks them because the cant handle it, then they never should have been drafted to begin with.

MrDerp

Liked Posts:
I saw Hundley first hand play at UVA this year, he was not very impressive in that game but made a few plays to help win (defense scored 2 tds also). He has all the tools. It all depends on who is going to be the coaching staff and what type of system will be implemented, that would determine his success in Chicago.