Blackhawks announce Asst. Equipment Manager Clint Reif has passed away

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I know you guys are not shutting down the convo as mods.... it just seemed like as soon as the discussion turned to how he might have died and the natural "Maybe suicide" came up you and HawkWriter and Paul just wanted us to stop talking about it.

Rask has very little filter.... #2 was odd and I asked about it and he explained....

I guess it just felt like besides Rask and Grimson everyone had the attitude of "Just be respectful and stfu about it" and IMO there isn't anything wrong with talking about it like adults.

As long as no one starts assuming suicide or anything else and then bashing the poor guy, I don't think anyone here has wildly speculated or said anything too inappropriate.... though I woulda kept #2 on Rask's list to myself or phrased it differently.
Reread my post.
I am all about discussion.
Whether or not it will be intelligent is another matter (I'm not worried about myself).
Feel free to post away.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Reread my post.
I am all about discussion.
Whether or not it will be intelligent is another matter (I'm not worried about myself).
Feel free to post away.

Besides Rask getting a little weird I don't feel anyone has gone potato on the subject.

In any case I think I expressed all my thoughts....

Seems he either killed himself, on accident, or on purpose, or he died of a freak medical thing like the enlarged heart thing I posted about or something along those lines.

I don't know what his mental state was like, but being involved with an org like the Blackhawks and having a family of your own seems like you would be pretty happy. I hope the Hawks get to the Cup this year and win it and have CR on their helmets for the whole thing..... maybe get his name put on the Cup too

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Besides Rask getting a little weird I don't feel anyone has gone potato on the subject.

In any case I think I expressed all my thoughts....

Seems he either killed himself, on accident, or on purpose, or he died of a freak medical thing like the enlarged heart thing I posted about or something along those lines.

I don't know what his mental state was like, but being involved with an org like the Blackhawks and having a family of your own seems like you would be pretty happy. I hope the Hawks get to the Cup this year and win it and have CR on their helmets for the whole thing..... maybe get his name put on the Cup too
Yeah, which would be messed up, because my sister in-law's BF died of that earlier this year. He was 34.
It's just a fucked up situation anyway it's sliced.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, which would be messed up, because my sister in-law's BF died of that earlier this year. He was 34.
It's just a fucked up situation anyway it's sliced.

Yeah the guy who it happened to that I knew about was dating a friend of mine's roommate.... there was no warning or signs....they went out to a couple bars one night and then to a pizza place for drunk food and he died at the table. Then of course they figured out later it was an enlarged heart no one had known about.

Very sad.... my condolences to you and your sister in-law

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder how the Epix crew is handling this. they have a show to run, so how will that be handled in the next episode? You have a documentary film crew following the team, and someone who is highly involved passes away. Tough editing decisions are on the table, but I expect it to be handled with professionalism and class.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I know you guys are not shutting down the convo as mods.... it just seemed like as soon as the discussion turned to how he might have died and the natural "Maybe suicide" came up you and HawkWriter and Paul just wanted us to stop talking about it.

Rask has very little filter.... #2 was odd and I asked about it and he explained....

I guess it just felt like besides Rask and Grimson everyone had the attitude of "Just be respectful and stfu about it" and IMO there isn't anything wrong with talking about it like adults.

As long as no one starts assuming suicide or anything else and then bashing the poor guy, I don't think anyone here has wildly speculated or said anything too inappropriate.... though I woulda kept #2 on Rask's list to myself or phrased it differently.

agreed

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I wonder how the Epix crew is handling this. they have a show to run, so how will that be handled in the next episode? You have a documentary film crew following the team, and someone who is highly involved passes away. Tough editing decisions are on the table, but I expect it to be handled with professionalism and class.

Very curious about this as well.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I apologized and apologize if I offended anyone.{delete, respect} I joined a discussion in which the same things were being said, and list making, and added my 2 cents. {delete}

I don't want to be talking about it either. peace.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I apologized and apologize if I offended anyone.{delete, respect} I joined a discussion in which the same things were being said, and list making, and added my 2 cents. {delete}

I don't want to be talking about it either. peace.

Eh I think you are fine Rask.... #2 on your list was just phrased a bit bluntly... while it might be possible it conjures an image that people trying to remember a deceased person fondly would not want to have in their head. It was odd to me but did not offend me.

I don't personally think you did any harm.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'll be hard pressed to offend me.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
daily herald is stating that the cause of death will take weeks. weird.

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:

I don't think you need to apologize, nor worry about offending...especially here. Same goes for Ares. Nothing here has offended me personally, I'm just generally pissed with the gossipy TMZ/bullshit reality tv world we have created for ourselves. This is just a microcosm. It's not right or wrong...it just is.

I think it's logical to come to the assumption that many of you seem to believe. Statistically, that IS the most likely cause. There's absolutely nothing wrong about discussing it in a forum. Unless you knew the man or his family, you would have no right to be offended by anything posted here. I will admit however, I believe that no one with four small kids would ever have the privacy/time be able to attempt AEA.

Bottom line...we will find out when we find out.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Something tells me Epix will be leaned on by the organization for the next episode...

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Off topic but where can one watch these? Are they on TV or online?