Blackhawks announce Asst. Equipment Manager Clint Reif has passed away

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Just saw this come across on Twitter.

Leaves behind wife and four kids. Fucking brutal, man.

B5aV_jRIcAAe35Z.jpg:large

Statement from the Hawks:

The Chicago Blackhawks organization issued the following statement on the passing of assistant equipment manager Clint Reif:

“We are deeply saddened by the untimely loss of one of our own family members this morning, assistant equipment manager Clint Reif. Like all trainers and support staff within our organization, Clint was instrumental in helping our players and coaches prepare and compete both on and off the ice. Our sincerest sympathies go out to the Reif family.”

The Blackhawks will pay their respects to the Reif family with a moment of silence prior to tonight’s home game and all players will wear a special decal (photo below) on their helmet in remembrance of Clint.

The organization will have no further comment at this time. We kindly ask the privacy of Clint’s family and friends be respected during this difficult time.

Hawks also intend to wear decals tonight in his honor and will probably be wearing these for awhile.

ClintReifDecal-600.jpg

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 kids and a wife damn thats sad. RIP Clint. Good to see they are putting the CR on the back of their helmets for a while.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, shit news. Condolences to the family. He was a young guy.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know the article says no further comment will be made. But anyone have inside info on what happened? Was he battling a terminal disease or was this a freak accident.

RIP

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Brutal news. Couldn't have been a worse time either. Four days before Christmas. I wonder what happened as well, because he was a pretty young guy.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One thing about this organization is that they take care or their own and this goes back well beyond Rocky and Mac. I gotta feeling this family will be well taken care of.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fucking tragic news. Hate to see this especially at his age.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know the article says no further comment will be made. But anyone have inside info on what happened? Was he battling a terminal disease or was this a freak accident.

RIP

Same question here.... they said he was on the plane with the team last night.... I doubt he was traveling with the team if he was battling a terminal disease..... and the fact they are not just coming out and saying it was a car accident or something makes me wonder if it was suicide or a possible homicide of some sort.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same question here.... they said he was on the plane with the team last night.... I doubt he was traveling with the team if he was battling a terminal disease..... and the fact they are not just coming out and saying it was a car accident or something makes me wonder if it was suicide or a possible homicide of some sort.

I was thinking suicide but didn't want to be the guy to say it. Homicide would be public record, right?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was thinking suicide but didn't want to be the guy to say it. Homicide would be public record, right?

Homicide would be public record at some point but I suppose if someone killed him and the police had not concluded that and begun an investigation, no one would be reporting it as such.

I have a feeling suicide is more likely with the way they are just reporting he died and nothing else.

Almost any other cause of death but suicide or homicide I feel like they would say it..... tragic accident.... any sort of illness....

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sad RIP

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah. It sucks. What they are saying and not saying makes me think suicide or OD too. But I hate to speculate with something like this, especially for a guy who was seemingly well liked.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. It sucks. What they are saying and not saying makes me think suicide or OD too. But I hate to speculate with something like this, especially for a guy who was seemingly well liked.

true. i wish they would make a statement. poor family and kids. right before xmas

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
They supposedly found him unresponsive in his home at 8:32am according to the suntimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Drugs is another possibility. I'm sure we'll know tomorrow. Sad news no matter what it is. At least the Hawks were able to score one goal for each of his kids:

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Regardless of the cause...natural, criminal, self-induced or other, no information will come out the same day...or even the ensuing few days. To be brutally honest, the worst case scenario speculations are beginning to piss me off.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of the cause...natural, criminal, self-induced or other, no information will come out the same day...or even the ensuing few days. To be brutally honest, the worst case scenario speculations are beginning to piss me off.

its only being that way because of his age imo