Kang jung ho

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The 27 yo Korean IFer that nobody knows who won the 5 mil bid for him.. 15 teams were eliminated with saying it not them

He a SS but scouts say he more of a 3Bmen or 2Bmen in MLB

In*2014, Kang had a breakout season, hitting .356 with 40 home runs (runner-up in the league) and 117 RBI (third). He also led the league in*slugging percentage(.739) and*OPS*(1.198), beating out*Park Byung-ho*(.686/1.119) and*Eric Thames*(.688/1.110).

If the Cubs happen to of won this bid, i guess they could start him at 3B and prepare bryant for LF...

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
.356 40 Homers and 117 RBI's I am impressed! Could use some of that.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The 27 yo Korean IFer that nobody knows who won the 5 mil bid for him.. 15 teams were eliminated with saying it not them

He a SS but scouts say he more of a 3Bmen or 2Bmen in MLB

In*2014, Kang had a breakout season, hitting .356 with 40 home runs (runner-up in the league) and 117 RBI (third). He also led the league in*slugging percentage(.739) and*OPS*(1.198), beating out*Park Byung-ho*(.686/1.119) and*Eric Thames*(.688/1.110).

If the Cubs happen to of won this bid, i guess they could start him at 3B and prepare bryant for LF...

I doubt that they would even entertain this player unless he was an outfielder. There are too many teams needing infielders that should be in on this one, and I am sure that we would have heard an inkling of a rumor that the Cubs were heavily interested in him.

I believe their focus is on molding the youth with an experienced veteran of MLB. Adding another unknown to a bunch of unknowns doesn't sound too logical if you ask me. :shrug:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I doubt that they would even entertain this player unless he was an outfielder. There are too many teams needing infielders that should be in on this one, and I am sure that we would have heard an inkling of a rumor that the Cubs were heavily interested in him.

I believe their focus is on molding the youth with an experienced veteran of MLB. Adding another unknown to a bunch of unknowns doesn't sound too logical if you ask me. :shrug:
Well you see that where the mystery comes in if you been following. . Nobody knows who the team is that won the low 5 mil bid on him and there a list of 15 teams who say they didn't place a bid.. there whispers that say the bid could be something the cubs would of done not because they needed him but to add another talented piece at a low risk cost. .

CSF77

Liked Posts:
SATURDAY 10:20pm: The Phillies or Nationals may be frontrunners, a source tells Chris Cotillo of SB Nation. Philadelphia has scouted Kang, and they traded incumbent shortstop Jimmy Rollins last week. Of course, we will update you when we hear more substantive news.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
SATURDAY 10:20pm: The Phillies or Nationals may be frontrunners, a source tells Chris Cotillo of SB Nation. Philadelphia has scouted Kang, and they traded incumbent shortstop Jimmy Rollins last week. Of course, we will update you when we hear more substantive news.

The bidding ended, did it not?

How can there be frontrunners?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Well you see that where the mystery comes in if you been following. . Nobody knows who the team is that won the low 5 mil bid on him and there a list of 15 teams who say they didn't place a bid.. there whispers that say the bid could be something the cubs would of done not because they needed him but to add another talented piece at a low risk cost. .

Could be true, I guess. It just seems more founded that a team that has shipped off parts or are getting ready to lose parts in the infield such as the rumored Phillies and Nats, would be more logical players in this.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Could be true, I guess. It just seems more founded that a team that has shipped off parts or are getting ready to lose parts in the infield such as the rumored Phillies and Nats, would be more logical players in this.
It probably is more likely the phillies or some other team. .

I just threw out there that if it is the cubs does that mean he play 3b and does bryant play lf ..

or

Maybe they deal him in a Package

I just find it interestingly weird that noone knows who won the bid for this guy but the media with their sources can tell you everything else...

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
It probably is more likely the phillies or some other team. .

I just threw out there that if it is the cubs does that mean he play 3b and does bryant play lf ..

or

Maybe they deal him in a Package

I just find it interestingly weird that noone knows who won the bid for this guy but the media with their sources can tell you everything else...

Looks like the Pirates are the winners.

Six

Liked Posts:
will be interesting to see if he can buck the tend and actually perform at this level. speed of the game usually gets em.