Let me just throw in a few witty comments here because there's just so much here that I can't even respond to one thing.
1) I just think it's funny that this is a KIRK HINRICH thread and you're arguing about Ben Gordon. I admit, I'm at fault too for mentioning him, but come on, it's pretty funny that this happens in pretty much every Hinrich thread.
2) Out of curiosity, if this is the church of St. Ben...is Hinrich the antichrist (or I suppose it would be antiben)? :P
3) It's fairly safe to say that if Ben shot even 5 or 6 more shots per game, he'd be scoring near 20 points if he was 100% fully healthy and still shooting 42% or something that's lower than what we would expect from him.
4) If Kush is a reverend in this church, is Fred the pope or something? (No offense Fred, you know I have the utmost respect for you)
5) Ellis is a good player. A very good player in fact. But he and Gordon have different kinds of games. Ellis is Roselike in that he slashes and attacks the basket a lot. Gordon, as we all know, is a jumpshooter. Now this is just my understanding, but if you shoot closer to the basket, doesn't your FG% go up? And if you shoot a lot of jumpers, won't it go down? Generally speaking, I would expect this to be true. It would then make sense that Ellis would have a higher FG% because he's not shooting a lot of jumpers as part of his 22 shots...relatively. Now I don't know if this is totally true or not as I haven't seen much of Ellis at all, but based on your comments, it seems that it would hold true.
6) It does seem rather silly to have an 11.6 million per year player come off the bench doesn't it? Makes Kirk seem like a bargain...sorta. Except he's starting now so I guess that's no longer valid. :P