Steam game ideas?

AussieBear

Well its xmas time and an old friend always sends me a steam card from the usa. Im just not sure what to get. Ive been playing games forever (1982), but i havent been buying OR PLAYING much the last year and a half - i guess im getting old or just bored of games. the only game im looking forward to is the new starcraft expansion, other than that..idk.

Anyway, i have 100 in credit to waste and though i might pick up a few while games while their discounted during the xmas special.

Ive thought about elder scrolls v legendary edition or normal edition. I have elder scrolls 3 and 4, but never got around to buying and playing v (im getting old i tell you or just bored of games) anyone like it?

some other game ideas: your thoughts??

darksiders II - i have 1 and liked it
darksouls II - one pissed me off in good ways.
mass effect collection - i have the first one on ps3, its decent.
Tropico 5 - i have all the others
Arkham origins - i have the asylum and arkham city, which were good, but bored me towards the end of arkham city.
divinity: original sin

i cant even think of anything, i play all genres of games if you are wondering. I have too many games to list, but like i said... anything that came out in the last year - two, i probably dont have it.

are there any older classics you like as well?

thanks,
cheers

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bioshock Infinite was a fun one I snagged on Steam in the last year....

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
second bioshock infinite. Great game.

Also, portal 2

AussieBear

oh, yeah skyrim is pretty great.

yeah i went ahead and got skyrim, idk when ill get around to playing it though. i have portal 1 and 2.

bioshock seems interesting, but i actually never finished the first one on ps3. i guess having a kid will take all the game time i use to have to push out finishing a game or 10.

what do you still think about divinity original sin?

i thought about getting the south park rpg even though reviews have said its a pretty short game.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i love divinity original sin. It is a tough game tho and you have to pay attention and read the dialog. Doesn't hold your hand and quest markers and shit. But it is also a game you can take your time in and put it down whenever. You can play in shorter spurts tho it is a long game overall.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd recommend Mass Effect...great series. RPG/FPS game if that appeals to you more than the other games you play...if not, I'd still say it's worth playing because the story is good.

Bioshock would also be a decent pickup imo.

Skyrim will last you a long time if you're into the Elder Scrolls series...there's tons you can do in that game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also KOTOR 1&2 if you really like RPGs and/or Star Wars.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i love these games. i have both. they need another
Not on Steam, but they do have that MMO version (TOR). Played a little bit of it...it's kinda the same, but kinda not lol.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not on Steam, but they do have that MMO version (TOR). Played a little bit of it...it's kinda the same, but kinda not lol.

I expect with another trilogy of Star Wars movies coming..... they will ramp up trying to make new video games for the series as well

supraman

Liked Posts:
Just wanted to mention I seen something about Dark Souls II that another edition will be coming out after Xmas so if you are interested in getting that wait for that next edition since the current one will not upgrade to it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I expect with another trilogy of Star Wars movies coming..... they will ramp up trying to make new video games for the series as well
If I start seeing Mickey Mouse in my Star Wars games...

:kermit:

AussieBear

If I start seeing Mickey Mouse in my Star Wars games...

:kermit:

maybe i should take back i play all genres, since i really havent gotten into any mmos for the last ten years since i was dabbling in ultima online and phantasy star online. idk, its just not my thing.

im sure kingdom hearts 34.5 will have a mix of mickey and "star wars"

image_159303_1.jpg

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
maybe i should take back i play all genres, since i really havent gotten into any mmos for the last ten years since i was dabbling in ultima online and phantasy star online. idk, its just not my thing.

im sure kingdom hearts 34.5 will have a mix of mickey and "star wars"

image_159303_1.jpg
Oh wow Phantasy Star...that's a blast from the past lol

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Papers, Please is on sale on Steam right now for $2.49. It has Commodore 64-ish graphics, but it's surprisingly fun and addicting. It's an indie game where you play an immigration officer whose job is to inspect passports and decide whether or not to admit people into your country. I know, how can a game where you stamp passports be any fun? It's a very thought provoking game with a great story that is like a visual novel. It was voted game of the year by several publications, and for the price of a half cup of Starbucks, definitely worth it.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
yeah i went ahead and got skyrim, idk when ill get around to playing it though.

I hope you got it while it was on sale. It went on sale for $4.99 the other day. What a fucking bargain for a game like that.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Papers, Please is on sale on Steam right now for $2.49. It has Commodore 64-ish graphics, but it's surprisingly fun and addicting. It's an indie game where you play an immigration officer whose job is to inspect passports and decide whether or not to admit people into your country. I know, how can a game where you stamp passports be any fun? It's a very thought provoking game with a great story that is like a visual novel. It was voted game of the year by several publications, and for the price of a half cup of Starbucks, definitely worth it.

This made me think of the game Paperboy.... and how much I sucked at it lol

AussieBear

I hope you got it while it was on sale. It went on sale for $4.99 the other day. What a fucking bargain for a game like that.

It was cheap, maybe 7-8. Its not really about the price i guess. Its just about loading up on as many fun games as i can with my credit. That part of it is more fun than the games at times. Im old school and i prefer discs in hand, so i never go out of my way to buy digital downloads of anything, but its always fun when my buddy gets me credit.

I mean i saw sid meiers pirated for 2 bucks, to me thats great. its the 00 version and not the 80's. I put a lot of time in that on the commodore and the xbox....

This made me think of the game Paperboy.... and how much I sucked at it lol

paper boy.. damn.. youre making me feel even older. i (well my older bros) had paperboy for commodore 64, but i remember the first time i played it a putt putt" golf. The arcade version actually had bicycle handle bars - the machine always had a line of peeps waiting to suck it up.

supraman

Liked Posts:
It was cheap, maybe 7-8. Its not really about the price i guess. Its just about loading up on as many fun games as i can with my credit. That part of it is more fun than the games at times. Im old school and i prefer discs in hand, so i never go out of my way to buy digital downloads of anything, but its always fun when my buddy gets me credit.

I mean i saw sid meiers pirated for 2 bucks, to me thats great. its the 00 version and not the 80's. I put a lot of time in that on the commodore and the xbox....

paper boy.. damn.. your making me feel even older. i (well my older bros) had paperboy for commodore 64, but i remember the first time i played it a putt putt" golf. The arcade version actually had bicycle handle bars - the machine always had a line of peeps waiting to suck it up.

Now just explain what an arcade is to the young whipper snappers