Trestman's Agenda

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny thing is while these fucking dopes talk about you for stating facts, Jeff Dickerson, Steve Rosenbloom, and Bernstein agree with you (not that their word is a prayer book but you're not too far off):

so why do these guys in the Chicago media who hate Cutler see that he was being scapegoated for Trestman's own interests see this but you stupid, drunken, fire breathing meatballs can't?!

One of the worst things about the internet age is the ability of smart-guy fans to get on the internet and just discount the reports of the media as attention-whoring. The media is paid to cover the team. They have access to the players, coaches and front office that the fans do not. They report a lot of stuff that hardcore fans of the team might find hard to hear, but they're right far more often than they're wrong.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would Trestman be trying to fuck over the only guy to ever give him an HC opportunity?

The whole idea that Trestman would do some shit that could hurt the team and fuck Cutler's career just to stick it to Emery is completely out of character for him and just plain Special person. Fucking moronic. Dumbest shit that has been posted here in a while.

Go read Hub Arkush's recent columns, or listen to him on the radio, because he's been at the forefront of reporting the friction between Emery and Trestman and Trestman going off the reservation to try to save his NFL career by proving Cutler - not Trestman - is the problem with the Bears offense.

Oh, I forgot - the media makes all that stuff up. They know less than some guy on the internet who calls himself botfly. OK ... carry on ...

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
interesting in light of the subject matter ...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/12/21/bernstein-bears-loss-avoids-bad-wrong-conclusions/

Bernstein: Bears’ Loss Avoids Bad, Wrong Conclusions
December 21, 2014 4:26 PM
by Dan Bernstein
CBSChicago.com senior columnist

(CBS) The little Christmas gift was all wrapped up for Bears coach Marc Trestman with a pretty little bow on it and ready to be opened, only to be rudely ripped from his hands.

The Lions had come to town determined to recapture the glory of the Jim Schwartz era, replete with its rampant stupidity and dirty, undisciplined play. Matthew Stafford impersonated the benched Jay Cutler by trying to steal his signature bit, throwing a pair of red-zone interceptions as some kind of artistic homage.

So the narrative was all right there – and boy was it ever, driven home by a FOX broadcast oddly determined to inflate Jimmy Clausen into another, idealized anti-Cutler. It would be the story of Trestman’s temporary redemption, his offensive vision and shocking lineup decision validated by a quarterback just doing what the play required and nothing more. There were the cutaways to the fair-haired boy thanking his offensive linemen on the sidelines, the comments insinuating falsely that this is something Cutler didn’t do.

There was little criticism of Clausen taking a debilitating sack on a critical third down with 6:22 left, holding onto the ball too long in a way that defeated the ostensible purpose of him being the starter. He was specifically supposed to be the one to know better, but Troy Aikman was content to instead stay on message, pinning blame on a generalized offensive “letdown.”

So perhaps it’s for the best that the superior Lions eventually prevailed 20-14, sparing us misplaced optimism and improper conclusions from a single game’s outcome.

This Bears offense remains impaired regardless of the compliance level of the quarterback, producing 234 net yards and converting just 5 of 15 third downs. For comparison’s sake, the last time these teams met, the Cutler-led offense was good for 269 total yards and made good on the same number of third downs in three fewer tries. Their average gain per offensive play was nearly a full yard better on Thanksgiving: 4.6 to 3.7, and they scored three more points. The quarterbacks had essentially identical passer ratings — Clausen with a 77.0 on Sunday, Cutler’s at 76.7 in late November.

Yes, there was some garbage time that day, and Clausen was hampered by several bad drops by receivers Sunday, but this was at home, against an under-motivated team almost trying to lose. The Bears’ first score came only due to a muffed punt, and their other primarily because of a roughing the kicker penalty that rescued another stalled drive. Matt Prater couldn’t get a clean swing at the ball on a 37-yard field goal try and stubbed it into the pile. Had the Bears won, you could bet that would have somehow also been due to Cutler’s absence.

There can be no “I told you so” for Trestman after his defiant move that was a clear attempt to expose his boss. Phil Emery tied himself and the franchise to Cutler, but Trestman gambled on a nothing-to-lose bet as he understands his firing is imminent. Despite some silly speculation to the contrary, even a win wouldn’t have rekindled his hopes to stay.

There’s a reason Mike Shanahan is lauding Cutler publicly, because the word is out that there will be an opening in Chicago for an experienced, accomplished NFL coach.

All that remains in question are how soon and who else. Emery is on thin ice himself, with reports surfacing late in the week that phone calls were already being made to high-level football executives, any one of whom could either replace Emery or be handed much of his power. Wheels have been set in motion that are unlikely to be stopped.

There are no important lessons to be learned from this game. Nothing substantive occurred that meant anything, other than crossing another game off the schedule in a miserable, ruined season.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the media never speculates.

And holy shit lol. Is that a real article from a real chicago journalist? Somebody was actually paid to write that? Talk about trying to push a message. he just sounds like some random poster on here. That guy actually has respect around chicago?

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
The OP's point isn't that outrageous, every head coach has an "agenda". Vince Lombardi had an "agenda". Jim Harbaugh, believe you, has an "agenda".

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I think it was less a usurping of authority as it was the necessity to assemble a staff and Trestman unable to do it due to being exiled to Canada for nearly a decade.

That should have been the first clue to Emery that he was hiring the wrong guy.
You make a valid point, but I think Race is right.

Trestman was so desperate for a head coaching gig he would do anything for the job. If Emery wanted to hire Trestmans staff Marc would've been just more than fine with it. Let's be honest here.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
He is a bitch. He's been nothing but a dissapointment.

I got shit for saying Trestman is a total nerd who has no right being a head coach and got flamed for it. You guys realize these are bunch of meat heads out on the field, right? The hell do they care about Trestman and his goofball grow man football garbage and glory of life rah rah
I don't agree with the OP but this is spot-on lol.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Had a few thoughts from the game yesterday. I'm glad Clausen played, it helped me get a few things ironed out in my own head. I'm happy that its time to clean house.

Clausen did pretty well, watching him did make me think that Trestman's offence can be pretty effective, and to be fair that much should be obvious after we scored so many points last year. More than thinking Clausen is anything that he's not though (I think he can be a respectable NFL backup) it did make me reflect on how painful Jay Cutler has been making it look, when playing in that offence really shouldn't be that difficult. He's an erratic mess, when all that system really requires is efficiency. I think Cutler should definitely move on, it has gone here and there's no getting it back - I wish him the best, I don't dislike the guy at all but him and us are damaged goods now.

And despite saying that I like aspects of his offence, I'm not advocating keeping Trestman either. In hindsight Trestman was doomed to failure anyway because he's just not strong enough to lead an NFL locker room, and that fact was always going to bite him (and us) at some point. He is actually an intelligent guy and a talented coach, just not a Head Coach. The Head Coach ultimately has to be the strongest leader and the person who puts it back on track when things go wrong - Trestman just couldn't do that in the NFL, he is far too weak. His persona just doesn't fit the job, and that quite simply is why he's never had the job before in all his years in the game.

I like innovation, but Emery was trying too hard with his appointment and the whole 'interviewing everyone under the sun' piece. 'Look at me, I'm such an innovator, I chose this geeky guy nobody expected me to choose, and I'm such a diligent worker I interviewed lots more people than you'd expect'. It looks to me like a massive ego trip from Emery, which should cost him his job. Because his job is to put the Chicago Bears first, and to make the best decisions for the Chicago Bears - Trestman's hire and his process was about putting Phil Emery first. When you take that kind of chance you have to suffer the consequences of getting it wrong, just like he would have taken all the plaudits if it had worked out for him. If Trestman is out then Emery must go too - he rolled the dice on our franchise.

I'm a bit conflicted about Trestman (and Cutler to a certain extent) going though because I have enjoyed us being more of a passing team - I don't really want us to go back to 'getting off the bus running' and cycling through very average 'game managing' QBs. We do need to clean house completely in coaching and management, but there is still talent here that we need to get the best out of from our next hierarchy. I don't want us to go too far back towards what we were. I enjoyed watching Cutler sometimes and I enjoyed watching Trestman's offence sometimes - but there were just too many flaws in both of them doing their respective jobs here for it to work out in the end.

I'll wish both Cutler and Trestman the best going forward - think they are both decent guys, no animosity.

Emery I'm not a big fan of though. I think he comes out of all of this worse than anyone.

Bears1985defense

Liked Posts:
Bernstein: Bears’ Loss Avoids Bad, Wrong Conclusions
December 21, 2014 4:26 PM
by Dan Bernstein
CBSChicago.com senior columnist

(CBS) The little Christmas gift was all wrapped up for Bears coach Marc Trestman with a pretty little bow on it and ready to be opened, only to be rudely ripped from his hands.

Psst...Dipstein...Trestman doesn't care about Christmas presents, he's Jewish

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He is a bitch. He's been nothing but a dissapointment.

I got shit for saying Trestman is a total nerd who has no right being a head coach and got flamed for it. You guys realize these are bunch of meat heads out on the field, right? The hell do they care about Trestman and his goofball grow man football garbage and glory of life rah rah

CLASSIC DESPBRO POST IS CLASSIC

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
CLASSIC DESPBRO POST IS CLASSIC

Fucking nerds.

Look at these bundles of sticks:

050419_apollo13_bcol_1p.grid-6x2.jpg

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
After listening to Trestman's buddy Troy Aikman praise Jimmy Clausen all day long one week after Trestman's buddy Jon Gruden ripped Cutler on Monday Night Football and called for Clausen and two weeks after Trestman sent Aaron Kromer to the media with leaks about Cutler's poor decision making, it starts to make one wonder whether Trestman would have been a success as a Head Coach if he had worked as hard on defense, special teams, and fixing his offense as he has in trying to paint Jay Cutler villain for his unsuccessful tenure.

Don't get me wrong - I have wanted Cutler out of here since 2011, thought the amount of money Emery gave him was ludicrous, and have believed since the start that Cutler is the wrong fit for Trestman's offense (is he a fit for ANY offense?), the latter of which Clausen proved at times today by running an offense that at least looked professional, which is more than what can be said of the one Cutler's been running the last month and a half. But the narrative coming from the national media seems a little too coordinated with the giant middle finger Trestman is giving Emery and the rest of Chicago on his way out the door in starting Clausen over "the franchise." Something tells me Trestman is continuing to influence the national media narrative in a more careful way than Kromer's clumsy attempt.

In my mind, Trestman leaves not only as an incompetent Head Coach, but a vindictive, devious politicker. He may be a good family man who preaches upstanding morals to his players, but he isn't exercising them as he closes out his tenure.

keep-calm-and-expose-the-illuminati.png

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Fucking nerds.

Look at these bundles of sticks:

050419_apollo13_bcol_1p.grid-6x2.jpg

Smh.

As a nerd myself, you aren't getting what I'm saying. I'm just saying these dudes shouldn't be in change of the type of guys football players are. My god

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Smh.

As a nerd myself, you aren't getting what I'm saying. I'm just saying these dudes shouldn't be in change of the type of guys football players are. My god

Ah right I forgot you are a bro-nerd.... my bad.

So we should have da nerds just not as football coaches? How nerdy is too much nerd for them to be coaches? Trestman is obviously way too nerdy but like how much less nerdy must he be in order for him to be a valid footbaw coach?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;GsY2zjdby4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsY2zjdby4o[/video]

Bears need this guy for HC next year. True fucking Alpha male that can lead the "meat-heads"