What are some actual positives from this year?

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
No smart ass responses, like Jay is gone (though I dont think he will be) or anything like that. Let's attempt to keep it civil.

1. Seems like Christian Jones could turn into something with some proper coaching.

2. Willie Young was obviously a nice find, hope the achilles injury isn't a long recovery. My athletic trainer wife mentioned that depending on the severity it could take up to a year.

3. I thought Ego and Sutton were serviceable, again with proper coaching and a full offseason, that could be something.

4. And lastly, the entire thing blowing up in everyone's face made this season highly entertaining, just not in the way we all assumed. This offseason should be fun.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Positive - It's good Emery/Trestman crashed and burned so quickly to expose the frauds they are. Now we can start the rebuilding process sooner. Worse would have been another limp 8-8, 9-7 season that would have kept these 2 losers around.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The young players look good imo it shows emery is drafting well if he can now manage to hit a homerun on the coaching stff we could see a major turnaround on this team

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
Kyle long has gotten better.

The end of the Cutler era hopefully

Nick80

Positive - It's good Emery/Trestman crashed and burned so quickly to expose the frauds they are. Now we can start the rebuilding process sooner. Worse would have been another limp 8-8, 9-7 season that would have kept these 2 losers around.

I would class this as a negative as it will get worse before it gets better.

The positives -

The Bears have youth back on the roster.

EDIT:

also

1-Cain2.jpg

&

2543611.jpg

Last edited:

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
1..Trestman/Tucker/Joe D exposed

2..Clausen is a solid #2

3..Willie Young

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
Rodgers will be a year older next year?
Seriously though, there are very few positives this year. With so many rookies getting so many snaps, we have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done to fix things. The road to success looks longer now than ever before.

Forgot about Marianni(sp?)

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Maybe I'm comparing shit to shit but I kind of like the return guy....
I almost put him down too, at a bare minimum he runs forward, hits whatever hole he has, and is smart about taking it out of the endzone.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I second the Christian Jones reference above.

I think Fuller has a good future here.

I also like what we've seen out of Wilson with Marshall out. Continue his progress over the off season and we've got a really nice young combo of receivers when Marshall sets sail. In the meantime it'll make for a fantastic trio.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I watched an entire game yesterday with no real emotional investment in the product on the field. On the surface, this is a bad thing, but on the otherhand I didn't drink any alcohol; thus possibly preserving my liver for another season.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I would class this as a negative as it will get worse before it gets better.

The positives -

The Bears have youth back on the roster.

EDIT:

also

1-Cain2.jpg

&

2543611.jpg

That's not factually accurate now, is it? Other then GM, HC, and QB, this team suffers greatly from an absolute dearth of young talent. It is abysmal. Two quality young starters in. Long and Fuller, two rotational (read: not starting quality) DTs, and, and, and, ummmm, help me out here because you must have the missing list.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better depth at CB. Hurst is looking like he could take a job away from Tim Jennings and Al Jean-Louis looks promising. Kyle Fuller is going to some Pro Bowls in the near future.

Both Jones and Bostic are better options than the vets with expiring contracts (Briggs/Williams). A strong presence at MLB will make our LBs respectable again.

I can start repressing the name Mel Tucker from my memory in another week.

Kyle Long is the best OG in football right now.

Ashlon Jeffrey is a stud and Wilson is a far better than Josh Morgan or Santonio Holmes

Most of Bear Nation realized Jay Cutler is not a very good quarterback....albeit a year too late.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Shea McClellin experiment is probably done

Nick80

That's not factually accurate now, is it? Other then GM, HC, and QB, this team suffers greatly from an absolute dearth of young talent. It is abysmal. Two quality young starters in. Long and Fuller, two rotational (read: not starting quality) DTs, and, and, and, ummmm, help me out here because you must have the missing list.

League high 17 rookies starting. Youth on the roster. Factually I couldn't give a shit, this is a message board and I don't know anyone on it, if my poster cred takes a hit then I don't know what I will do. It isn't like I take any of the srs footbaw posters here seriously either, for if an expert/writer/pundit can get it wrong regularly and get paid for it, why in hells name would I give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

The fuck you say?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm drawing a complete blank

Its hard to draw any positives from a dumpster fire

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Jones had his best game of the year yesterday, He has a ton of talent he just needs to develop at one position something he was never given the chance to do in college either.

Also Sutton seems to have a really good motor and initial burst but needs to work on his strength this off season. With added strength he can become a big factor in the future. Ego started off pretty hot and him somewhat of a rookie wall. But both DT's showed potential.

Nick80

Just out of interest, for those talking about Jones's development how do you feel about keeping the guy who has been trying to nurture that talent?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
the bears have started like 17 rookies this season and I think both young dt have shown promise that they could be potential starters that's just my opinion alshon looks good even though his recent case of the dropsies long has looked great jones is coming on strong and even shea butter is slowly starting to look like he can play sam at at least an average lvl

I forgot to mention fuller has looked very promising this season had his ups and downs sure but he has looked like he has a ton of upside and even some leadership abilities I really like the fact he got on mundys ass when he knocked him off his guy

Vereen hasn't looked great but for a late rnd pick being thrown to the wolves he hasn't done as badly as I feared

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I hope our next DC lets the corners press, when Fuller was able to press and shadow Benjamin he shut him down, but for some reason Tucker couldnt have that any more.