OT: Josh Smith waived by Pistons

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Guess they couldn't find a trade partner. Wouldnt mind seeing him on the Bulls if he'll take less money.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
We could use an SF, Josh Smith is a SF(by default, not by design). We have a discipline coach with a lot of respect, Josh Smith hasn't had that coach. I can see why fans think this would be a fit.

If he wasn't a punk ass cancer spreading bitch, I might like him too. His production is attractive. His chemistry and locker room ethic is why he'll never win a title. Queue the "but but Rodman". No, this is not Rodman.

Liked Posts:
He won't be a fit on the Bulls. That being said, where do yall think he'll end up?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see no need for Josh Smith. Why add a headache to a team with good chemistry? If they are going to add a player, add a reliable guard.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I want to see the all-headcase team. So hopefully he goes to Houston, and Houston makes a trade for JR Smith.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No fit for us, but a team with a need of a PF could use him. Sacramento maybe? Him and Cousins could terrorize other frontcourts with athleticism and skill.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think thibs could set him straight. He's a better option than tony snell.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
That being said he'll probably end up in Houston.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If you watch Josh Smith play in the last 2 years, he has lost a step. His athleticism has dropped off, and he's not all that great guarding wings. Big difference between Atlanta JSmoove, and Detroit. It will take a hell of a lot more than Thibs to turn that trainwreck around.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you watch Josh Smith play in the last 2 years, he has lost a step. His athleticism has dropped off, and he's not all that great guarding wings. Big difference between Atlanta JSmoove, and Detroit. It will take a hell of a lot more than Thibs to turn that trainwreck around.
That's what happens when you age.

He's never been one who displays any type of on court IQ either.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I thought he just got fat(by NBA standards).

czman

Liked Posts:
He cannot shoot the ball well enough to play the SF and he is not interested in playing the PF. I don't think he is a 3 anymore. He has gained weight and is not as explosive.

He would be too far down the depth chart at the 4 to help.

The Bulls should be looking for shooting or staying put. Having more guys who are willing to take 3's and not capable of making them at a decent % is not going to make this team better.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is WELL worth the risk. Yes, he shoots a lot of idiotic outside shots. But he was a terrible fit with Monroe and Drummond in Detroit.

Imagine Josh Smith off the bench next to Mirotic:

C- Taj
PF/SF hybrid - Mirotic
SF/PF hybrid - Smith

Have Mirotic defend the opposing 4 and Smith defend the opposing 3. Have Mirotic in the role of perimeter scorer on offense and Josh Smith on the high-low post on offense.

I'd probably only do it on a low contract (preferably non-guaranteed).

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what happens when you age.

He's never been one who displays any type of on court IQ either.

He's still very athletic and extremely skilled. Pretty well-rounded with his passing ability and ability to defend a few different positions. He could be a valued part of the Bulls if used right. Gives the Bulls a lot more upside.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is WELL worth the risk. Yes, he shoots a lot of idiotic outside shots. But he was a terrible fit with Monroe and Drummond in Detroit.

Imagine Josh Smith off the bench next to Mirotic:

C- Taj
PF/SF hybrid - Mirotic
SF/PF hybrid - Smith

Have Mirotic defend the opposing 4 and Smith defend the opposing 3. Have Mirotic in the role of perimeter scorer on offense and Josh Smith on the high-low post on offense.

I'd probably only do it on a low contract (preferably non-guaranteed).
lol well yeah I guess if he's a non guaranteed contract I'd give him a shot, but he's worth way more than that even though he's not the player he once was.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
No way the Bulls pick him up. He's fallen in love with his horrible jump shot

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
We could use an SF, Josh Smith is a SF(by default, not by design). We have a discipline coach with a lot of respect, Josh Smith hasn't had that coach. I can see why fans think this would be a fit.

If he wasn't a punk ass cancer spreading bitch, I might like him too. His production is attractive. His chemistry and locker room ethic is why he'll never win a title. Queue the "but but Rodman". No, this is not Rodman.

Smith just had Stan Van Gundy as his coach, who is just as demanding as Thibs, and SVG hates him so much that he's willing to eat over $20mill in salary just to get rid of him. Not only is he not a Thibs kind of player, he goes against everything this team stands for. I mean the guy has been in the league for 10 seasons now and shown ZERO signs of maturation or discipline or care for the game at all. He's simply one in a long line of talented, athletic players who skate by just to cash a paycheck.

And how is his production attractive? The guy is shooting 39% from the field, 47% from the line!!, and 24% from 3. He's on pace to be the ONLY PLAYER in NBA history to average less than 40% fg, 50% ft, while attempting 12 or more shots per game. That is atrocious. People can queue the Rodman argument if they want but Rodman ALWAYS played hard and played to win, which offset his on court and off court antics. Winning and hard work are not in Smith's vocabulary.