Can anyone recall a HC that had such poor control of his team...

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Than what Trestman does? I honestly can't think of any. He has absolute zero control, the inmates run the asylum.

The Detroit Lions 0-16 Rod Marinelli had almost no control over that team. That was one of the worst few head coaching experiments ever witnessed in the NFL.

Rod Marinelli is one of those above average defensive coaches that should never ever be given the head coach reigns. Unless you're trying to tank & gain a high draft pick. Then by all means Marinelli is the man you're looking for.

mecha

Liked Posts:
The Detroit Lions 0-16 Rod Marinelli had almost no control over that team. That was one of the worst few head coaching experiments ever witnessed in the NFL.

Rod Marinelli is one of those above average defensive coaches that should never ever be given the head coach reigns. Unless you're trying to tank & gain a high draft pick. Then by all means Marinelli the man need.

to think that season got them Matt Stafford...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Rod Marinelli is one of those above average defensive coaches that should never ever be given the head coach reigns. Unless you're trying to tank & gain a high draft pick. Then by all means Marinelli the man need.

I don't really agree to that, those teams were actually in most of their games but really just sucked hard on a talent and coaching level. They weren't ever what I would call a team that had no control or was full of bizarre acting out situations by players/coaches. Everything was working on that front, they just were bad.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I don't really agree to that, those teams were actually in most of their games but really just sucked hard on a talent and coaching level. They weren't ever what I would call a team that had no control or was full of bizarre acting out situations by players/coaches. Everything was working on that front, they just were bad.

The Lions scored 268 points in 2008 & gave up 517 points. So no they weren't in most of those games. That team was a complete cluster F$%^. The fact that they were 7-9 the year before in 2007 only made is worse. That team gave up on their coach way early in the season.

It has been awful having to watch the Bears in 2014 but still not 2008 Lions bad. That team took dysfunction to a whole new level.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

You might be right on the bizarre acting out stuff but that team is still the on the field dysfunctional champion in my opinion. In order to do that it required a coaching staff that not only sucked but also lost their players very early on.

I suppose you can consider the Bears worse going by the off the field stuff and media stuff. Yet watching the actual coaching staff lose the team was perfected by that 2008 Lions team.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Every team that picks in the top 10 has major issues

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
The coaches from the Raiders since Gruden