Brandon Marshall "I want to play my whole career with Coach Trestman."

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
DMelt, it doesn't matter what folks like you or I say about Brandon.
Some folks just look for negatives in everything.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
1) The Showtime Stunt this year
2) Throwing a temper tantrum in the loss after the dolphins game
3) Acting like an ass on twitter - Challenging a fan to a fight
4) Publicly throwing his QB under the bus

should I go on?

Yes! I get the marshall love. Shit, I do. But people shouldn't be so damn blind

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jameis Winston is going to light it up throwing to a healthy BMarsh, Alshon, and Marty. I am pumped.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
If the Bears can get back to winning he's fine, but he's a front runner, and if things go bad, he's a nut job.
Thats always been his problem. We all know the marshall implosion was going to happen when they start losing.

I hate you'll be accused of hating on him if you call out bullshit on Brandon. He's a great Bear and plays the game it should be played.

Doesn't mean I didn't roll my eyes and think he's a jagoff for challenging a fan to a fight on Twitter, handing out reports of his domestic fight to the media and having a huge epic press conference of rambles.

Why does it bother someone so much when one just says the dude has issues.

And for Christ sake, he couldn't wait til the offseason to fly out to NY for a few hours to tape a god awful segment of a television show. It also showed how big of a bitch Marc is. After that and the lance thing, the team just continued to walk all over Marc.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Let's see ...

1) Hasn't affected the team at all
2) A player was made after his team loss a game. More on this breaking story as it develops.
3) Out of line? Sure. But I direct you back you to Number 1.
4) He just answered a question that he was asked.

I wish I could find the exact moment that Dan Bernstein started his anti-Marshall campaign, because I fucking swear it's the same time that other people around this message board and in the Bears fan base started doing the same thing.

Wait, you offer excuses for Marshall yet you understand the Cutler hate when the majority of the hate started when he got paid a QB contract and everyone started jumping on the hater bandwagon?
They've all but said if Cutler was making $5M they'd be OK with him when they said we can get Clausen cheaper with the same results. That's not only not understandable but given they want Trestman gone and we saw what happens when the "same results" go to another team it's idiotic unless you want the #1 pick (but they're the same ones who throw a fit if you're OK with moving up in the draft).

I understand thinking Cutler was never going to the SuperBowl or thinking he's done and it's time to find a replacement, I'm at the later. But the hate that has gone on and escalated when he got a contract is ridiculous.
If you understand that you should completely understand people grasping for reasons to hate Marshall.

I don't hate Marshall and I understand this was just a politicking answer for the radio. He's one of the least guilty but he also took some slack time this year and had some bad games but that kind of crap bleeds through the whole team so I give everyone an excuse for this CFL experiment.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Wait, you offer excuses for Marshall yet you understand the Cutler hate when the majority of the hate started when he got paid a QB contract and everyone started jumping on the hater bandwagon?
They've all but said if Cutler was making $5M they'd be OK with him when they said we can get Clausen cheaper with the same results. That's not only not understandable but given they want Trestman gone and we saw what happens when the "same results" go to another team it's idiotic unless you want the #1 pick (but they're the same ones who throw a fit if you're OK with moving up in the draft).

I understand thinking Cutler was never going to the SuperBowl or thinking he's done and it's time to find a replacement, I'm at the later. But the hate that has gone on and escalated when he got a contract is ridiculous.
If you understand that you should completely understand people grasping for reasons to hate Marshall.

I don't hate Marshall and I understand this was just a politicking answer for the radio. He's one of the least guilty but he also took some slack time this year and had some bad games but that kind of crap bleeds through the whole team so I give everyone an excuse for this CFL experiment.

The reason I can understand the Cutler hate is that he's falling drastically short of his expectations.

Marshall, meanwhile, had 100> catches and 1,000> yards in his first two seasons in Chicago. This year he was hampered by multiple injuries and an offense that just didn't do much of anything because of (insert Cutler or Trestman here). On the field, he's been what he was expected to be. Cutler hasn't.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Marshall is one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL, yet you move the needle for his expectations just like the goalposts for your arguments

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Next year is basically fucked anyways. So the reason we are looking to move Cutler is to get rid of that atrocious contract and use the money elsewhere like defense. We're not gonna win with Cutler, we're not gonna win with Clausen either. No one is saying that Clausen is this huge upgrade. He's just extremely cheaper and will probably give us the same results.

How about we make at least one message board fan happy? Trade Cutler for salary relief and ship our 1st round pick to the Pats for hometown Jimmy?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Im back @it. I would love to get this fake tough guy in the ring. Screw the fan #DominicRaiola @fitspeedapchi @fitspeedAP @fitbox. Pick 1?

And here he comessss

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Or is it more interesting hearing about players who abuse the law, beat up women, hang out at clubs and do stupid meaningless things?
I agreed with you until you said the last line. That last line has Marshall written all over it.

So are we to be more interested in Marshall or Marshall?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Thats always been his problem. We all know the marshall implosion was going to happen when they start losing.

I hate you'll be accused of hating on him if you call out bullshit on Brandon. He's a great Bear and plays the game it should be played.

Doesn't mean I didn't roll my eyes and think he's a jagoff for challenging a fan to a fight on Twitter, handing out reports of his domestic fight to the media and having a huge epic press conference of rambles.

Why does it bother someone so much when one just says the dude has issues.

And for Christ sake, he couldn't wait til the offseason to fly out to NY for a few hours to tape a god awful segment of a television show. It also showed how big of a bitch Marc is. After that and the lance thing, the team just continued to walk all over Marc.

If the rumor about Shanahan is actually true, that would explain Marshall wanting to attach himself to Trestman. A coach he already knows he can walk all over and do or say whatever he wants. While on the other hand Shanahan will call Marshall out and hold him accountable for anything he says or does. In other words Shanahan has zero chance of catering to Marshall. Marshall has recently had nice things to say about Shanahan but Shanahan had problems with Marshall when he was in Denver. So again if....big IF...Shanahan is the next HC, Marshall already knows that his sideshow is about to come to a screeching halt if he stays in Chicago or at least the toleration of the sideshow will immediately be over.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
If the rumor about Shanahan is actually true, that would explain Marshall wanting to attach himself to Trestman. A coach he already knows he can walk all over and do or say whatever he wants. While on the other hand Shanahan will call Marshall out and hold him accountable for anything he says or does. In other words Shanahan has zero chance of catering to Marshall. Marshall has recently had nice things to say about Shanahan but Shanahan had problems with Marshall when he was in Denver. So again if....big IF...Shanahan is the next HC, Marshall already knows that his sideshow is about to come to a screeching halt if he stays in Chicago or at least the toleration of the sideshow will immediately be over.
Damn.

Very good point.

Yes, I believe Mike would be pretty damn strict on Brandon and his goofball antics. He def would not be getting his chances to run around to NY during the season to be on some god awful show lol

mecha

Liked Posts:
the 2014 Chicago Bears make the Kennedy conspiracies look tame.

rofl

I don't think Marshall was aware of his condition in the Bronco days. he was an intolerable fuck back then for sure. I'm certain he didn't cause he was a prick with the Dolphins too.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
1)The Showtime Stunt this year - Has there every been an NFL player who had a TV or radio show on their time off during the NFL season?
2) Throwing a temper tantrum in the loss after the dolphins game - So when Mike Brown does it, it is pure genius? But with Marshall, it is a temper tantrum?
3) Acting like an ass on twitter - Challenging a fan to a fightI am all for this. It is time to challenge the internet bullies who hide behind their internet connection. Marshall challenged him for charity and the bully ran away.
4) Publicly throwing his QB under the bus Sometimes a friend has to tell another friend the cold hard truth to get him to get his head out of his ass

should I go on? please do

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Damn.

Very good point.

Yes, I believe Mike would be pretty damn strict on Brandon and his goofball antics. He def would not be getting his chances to run around to NY during the season to be on some god awful show lol

A coach can do nothing to stop him. This isn't prison. Its NFL football and grown men can do as they please in their free time. Stop being a nonsensical asshat already.