Cubs Convention 2015?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Any of you fine young cannibals going to Cubs convention in a few weeks. One of my Christmas gifts was the a weekend pass from my parents. If there's a decent amount of us going, I'd really enjoy going out to dinner one night with some of you and shooting the shit.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bumping this back up.

I know Zack and I will be attending..... seriously, none of you guys are going?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I live in NOLA. Sorry, buddy.

Buttt.... but I like you....

1399846485574.jpg

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If you can and have the courage (and I mean that in that I am not sure I would), ask the question to Theo if Bryant shows that he is in the top 25 in ST if he'll be leaving with the big league club. Be as specific as possible to pin him down on a "real" answer.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If you can and have the courage (and I mean that in that I am not sure I would), ask the question to Theo if Bryant shows that he is in the top 25 in ST if he'll be leaving with the big league club. Be as specific as possible to pin him down on a "real" answer.

If I get the chance, I'll do it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Anyone else going? Anyone?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Wish!..... Too poor, too far away.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Heading over from my hotel shortly. I know Zack will be meeting me a little bit before events start this evening at 6. I'll try and upload pictures throughout the weekend.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heading over from my hotel shortly. I know Zack will be meeting me a little bit before events start this evening at 6. I'll try and upload pictures throughout the weekend.

Pictures with hot vag or nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbfan

Liked Posts:
Do prospects like Bryant go to the convention?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do prospects like Bryant go to the convention?

Yes, many of the Cubs' top prospects were there tonight -- Almora, Johnson, Schwarber, Edwards, Russell and Bryant will be there all weekend. Very fun first night -- enjoyed the opening ceremonies and video montages. Ryan Dempster did a variety-type show for about two hours with skits and player/manager/FO personnel interviews and it was phenomenal. He's definitely one of my favorite Cub players of all-time.

Will throw out this tidbit, though -- Welington Castillo was scheduled to be at Cubs convention all weekend but he was not there for opening ceremonies, but they didn't even mention that he was absent. Maybe a trade brewing?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you notice that all the event itinerary had surprise signings on both the 1st and 2nd levels by mistake, they were only on the 1st level, charity autographs were on the 2nd level. Man did we ever get a on the scene training in crowd control.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, many of the Cubs' top prospects were there tonight -- Almora, Johnson, Schwarber, Edwards, Russell and Bryant will be there all weekend. Very fun first night -- enjoyed the opening ceremonies and video montages. Ryan Dempster did a variety-type show for about two hours with skits and player/manager/FO personnel interviews and it was phenomenal. He's definitely one of my favorite Cub players of all-time.

Will throw out this tidbit, though -- Welington Castillo was scheduled to be at Cubs convention all weekend but he was not there for opening ceremonies, but they didn't even mention that he was absent. Maybe a trade brewing?

Got to be, he is starter on a decent amount of teams and would maybe play 2 times a week for us and that being generous. I was always behind Castillo and I hope the Cubs didnt do wrong getting Lester catcher of choice.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if it was someone from here who asked it but the question was something like "If Kris Bryant has a good spring training, how can you possibly keep him out of hte opening day lineup against the Cardinals" and Theo started talking about all the baseball factors that go into a decision like that..lol, there's no chance Bryant starts out in the big leagues.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Got to be, he is starter on a decent amount of teams and would maybe play 2 times a week for us and that being generous. I was always behind Castillo and I hope the Cubs didnt do wrong getting Lester catcher of choice.
I think it a mistake. .. castillo going to be a good catcher, maybe not a AS caliber but serviceable and better then the 2 we got now

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not sure if it was someone from here who asked it but the question was something like "If Kris Bryant has a good spring training, how can you possibly keep him out of hte opening day lineup against the Cardinals" and Theo started talking about all the baseball factors that go into a decision like that..lol, there's no chance Bryant starts out in the big leagues.

Says it all about blowing smoke for the fans in 2015. You all deserve better