Ben Zobrist

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Let's wait and see on the Donaldson trade. Everyone wants to rip him for it, but Donaldson had a terrible second half due to a hip injury that he later had surgery for.

He's in the Bay Area. He learned from the Niners that it's always better to get rid of a player too early rather than too late.

From everything I've read the Donaldson trade was personal after an altercation between he and Beane last season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
From everything I've read the Donaldson trade was personal after an altercation between he and Beane last season.

Yes, I heard that, and I think it may have played a part. But the hip may be a bigger issue than we think when we first question Beane's trade.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Reaction to this trade around baseball seems to be that this move puts Beane right back in the mad scientist brilliant category again with one unnamed GM saying that the A's are now the favorite once again in the AL West. To me the mix of players looks interesting but hardly foolproof and I'd still have to call the Angels the favorite if I were picking today. Like I said above though Beane is nothing if not interesting and definitely plays by a different playbook than his peers. Fascinating cat.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Reaction to this trade around baseball seems to be that this move puts Beane right back in the mad scientist brilliant category again with one unnamed GM saying that the A's are now the favorite once again in the AL West. To me the mix of players looks interesting but hardly foolproof and I'd still have to call the Angels the favorite if I were picking today. Like I said above though Beane is nothing if not interesting and definitely plays by a different playbook than his peers. Fascinating cat.

I'll go with Seattle next year to pull the upset.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
That would be cool to see the A's win the AL West again. Would really make Beane look like a genius given the turnover of the roster.

It's too early to say who the favorites are with a month still remaining in the offseason. Especially with the Angels still in the mix for Scherzer