Ballard and Toub?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
tell ya what I like about toub he looks at the other team and he attacks their weaknesses go back and just look how he coaches and its obvious he researches the other team then gets his guys ready to attack their weakspots. and his players always play their hearts out for the guy.

if that's not the makings of a great hc I dunno wtf is

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
having said that I still want kubiak

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tell ya what I like about toub he looks at the other team and he attacks their weaknesses go back and just look how he coaches and its obvious he researches the other team then gets his guys ready to attack their weakspots. and his players always play their hearts out for the guy.

if that's not the makings of a great hc I dunno wtf is

he attacks their weakness on kick returns?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
he attacks their weakness on kick returns?

aye he does if u look at the way his guys block and attack weaker players ect ect and its different with every team

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Haugh and his logic continue to baffle me at times. But trying to stay with continuity has gotten the Bears absolutely no where. Why is he stressing the Bears do the same. I personally think Jack Del Rio who was rumored today that the Bears may try to meet with would be a great match should Ballard be the choice. Though Ballard is still a 3rd or 4th place finisher in my mind for the GM job even though it seems as though the Bears really like him.

Is there really something about the Bears looking at Del Rio?? I have him on my list of top 5 so i hope they interview him.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
try to make me look silly all u like but its one of the things I loved about him while he was here and also a huge part of what made devin a legend even though hester was a beast all on his own toub made him better

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
there is way more to st than just havin yer guys go out there and sayin ok u guys block who u can and you yea u catch it and run it back

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hiring Ballard also could make the next coach easier to deduce if the Bears do what smart teams often do: Let the GM hire an acquaintance with whom he is aligned philosophically. A former NFL general manager called the relationship between a GM and coach the most important factor for a rebuilding, draft-driven team.

Thus, the arrival of Ballard could hasten the return of Dave Toub if the Bears buy into the same belief. Toub, 52, lacks head-coaching experience but, of all the coordinators in a weak field of candidates, provides instant credibility in Chicago. He embodies everything the Bears need: a tough-minded coach who embraces defense and special teams with the ability to command respect in the locker room. He is ready to be an NFL head coach, somewhere.

I'm down with Toub but do you really think it's a weak field of coordinator candidates? I think there's some intriguing names out there and multiple guys that have a chance of being good head coaches.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I mean Toub is a good coach. However this article then proceeds to downplay guys like Marrone and Ryan while hyping Toub? I can't go down that road.

If the Bears truly believe in Ballard so much then I think the next move needs to be a HC with some experience. We need balance on the field and in the front office.

Yeah it's a good article but i think both Ryan and Marrone would be good choices.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Toub's been around for a while so I just wonder if he would have what it takes or the connections to bring us a couple of good coordinators. You just have to admire the fact that he's had success on multiple teams with his units, and given the minimal amount of time ST's are on the field his units have been highly effective, well disciplined, and game changing for us.

cbfan

Liked Posts:
Is there really something about the Bears looking at Del Rio?? I have him on my list of top 5 so i hope they interview him.

Was Tucker, Del Rio's DC? I'm just asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
God, David Haugh is such a fucking penis.

Look, I like Toub a lot as a ST coach - Hester had a lot to do with that, of course - but to write an article as if he's the most obvious choice and would bring "instant credibility to the fan base" is just such complete bullshit.

He argues against picking out a coordinator as the next head coach in favor of... picking out a coordinator as the next head coach? With no head coaching experience?

Oh, wait, you mean he worked at Halas Hall?

Well, then, nevermind! Same old shit!

When Harbaugh was hired to be a head coach, at least he attracted a wide variety of interest on the interview circuit. Toub is a journeymen, been doing this for years and done a hell of a job at it, but he hasn't generated any significant buzz for a promotion from any team, even off his huge success with the Bears; guy always makes lateral moves.

If the Bears do this, it will be because they're afraid to let anyone but their own people have run of Halas Hall. Or it will be because they are more interested in satiating (or placating, whichever way you want to look at it), any angry fan base by bringing in a well-remembered name.

Jesus fucking Christ, I hope Haugh is wrong.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Toub is a great coach

Yes he is. And Ballard is a no nonsense person who knows personnel very well. It could be a pretty good match with Ballard and Toub.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
David Haugh is brain dead. He dismisses Marrone due to his mediocre record in two years in Buffalo. Using the same standard would have disqualified Belichick, Fox, and Pete Carrol. Failure can be a good thing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

theArizonaState

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hiring a special teams coach would make us a laughing stock. More so.

This organization is led by idiots.