Ballard and Toub?

cbfan

Liked Posts:
God, David Haugh is such a fucking penis.

Look, I like Toub a lot as a ST coach - Hester had a lot to do with that, of course - but to write an article as if he's the most obvious choice and would bring "instant credibility to the fan base" is just such complete bullshit.

He argues against picking out a coordinator as the next head coach in favor of... picking out a coordinator as the next head coach? With no head coaching experience?

Oh, wait, you mean he worked at Halas Hall?

Well, then, nevermind! Same old shit!

When Harbaugh was hired to be a head coach, at least he attracted a wide variety of interest on the interview circuit. Toub is a journeymen, been doing this for years and done a hell of a job at it, but he hasn't generated any significant buzz for a promotion from any team, even off his huge success with the Bears; guy always makes lateral moves.

If the Bears do this, it will be because they're afraid to let anyone but their own people have run of Halas Hall. Or it will be because they are more interested in satiating (or placating, whichever way you want to look at it), any angry fan base by bringing in a well-remembered name.

Jesus fucking Christ, I hope Haugh is wrong.

Wasn't Ditka a TE coach before he turned HC of the Bears?

And you are wrong about Toub. Miami and Chicago both had HC interviews with Toub, the year Trestman was hired for the Bears HC position.

I love every excuse under the sun to not give Toub a chance as HC. Just think what GB did with McCarthy, he ran one of the worst offense in the league with SF, and went on to win a SB with GB.

I am a Toub supporter. The dude brought energy and excitement to the Bears. You can say Hester made Toub, I like to say, Hester needs to thank Toub for his success. A few years in the past, Toub's ST was this teams offense.

I don't want someone else's trash. I want energy and excitement. I want someone outside the box. I want change. /drama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like toub and want to see him promoted but i'd like to see him be a dc or oc first

Rise

Liked Posts:
tell ya what I like about toub he looks at the other team and he attacks their weaknesses go back and just look how he coaches and its obvious he researches the other team then gets his guys ready to attack their weakspots. and his players always play their hearts out for the guy.

if that's not the makings of a great hc I dunno wtf is

I'll say he is creative that's for sure. Can he spread that out to every aspect of the game and manage everything else involved with being a HC is the question. But I agree if he can you're basically describing Bellichek and who wouldn't want a guy like that.

Liked Posts:
I want someone outside the box. I want change. /drama

After Trestman, don't you think we've had quite enough of that for a while now?

Again, I really respect Toub as a coach, but I just can't get excited about this.

Toub would be a figure head only, IMO. Being that his specialty has become such a marginal aspect of the game - you can preach three phases all you want, but you'll be lying to yourself - he wouldn't be bringing anything else to the table with credibility.

Can develop an offense? What's his defensive philosophy? We don't know, because he's never been responsible for either - at any level.

So you've got to trust that he brings in top level coordinators who can bring that element to the team, and I just don't see those coaches out there - because they're all interviewing for head coaching jobs themselves.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ

Can't the Bears just step away from people they know for once

Mr.Anderson

Liked Posts:
I think Toub will be a champion caliber head coach, I just don't know if it's the right time for him to take the next step in his career yet. Toub is definitely a leader of men and can bring the best out of players but my question would be, could he manage a game?

I believe he's smart enough to identify other good coaches and hire out all of his weaknesses but there's just some things to managing a game you need to know as a HC and I'm not sure if he has that experience or knowledge yet.

My personal feeling about Toub is I'm willing to take the chance on him because I see tremendous potential and I'm willing to invest a long term commitment much like when you're developing a QB, but that's probably why I'm not a GM or coach.....

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Toub should be our coach, the only problems I foresee is that his name doesn't really rhyme with anything and there's no way to make fun of him if he fails.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Whomever they hire as head coach is doomed unless they can find stability at the QB position.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toub should be our coach, the only problems I foresee is that his name doesn't really rhyme with anything and there's no way to make fun of him if he fails.

we could always say what a toub of shit he was

dean-thumbs-up-gif.gif

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Whomever they hire as head coach is doomed unless they can find stability at the QB position.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This is true for any potential HC. Hopefully upper management does not force the ol' pick slinger on the new HC allowing him to determine his own solution at the position.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Is it pronounced Tube? Or Towb?

NckllChicago

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If special teams do not mean anything anymore, then tell me why we were always starting from inside our own 10-15 yard line every time? Special teams still matter a ton. Starting drives with decent field position, not getting a penalty on 3/4 of all returns. We were the best special teams unit in the league when he was here. Now the Chiefs have the best. Coincidence? Obviously he is well respected and at least thought of as a head coaching candidate by multiple teams. As is Ballard as a gm candidate. If that's the hire the Bears make, then let's go. I want someone who can command a locker room. I want someone who can take the strengths of his team and use them. I want someone who can take the weakness of the other team, and use it against them. Toub does that.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was Tucker, Del Rio's DC? I'm just asking.

Del Rio would be my last choice...Hopefully he goes to Oakland

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h1 hour ago

Jack Del Rio emerges as a head-coaching candidate in Oakland

cbfan

Liked Posts:
After Trestman, don't you think we've had quite enough of that for a while now?

Again, I really respect Toub as a coach, but I just can't get excited about this.

Toub would be a figure head only, IMO. Being that his specialty has become such a marginal aspect of the game - you can preach three phases all you want, but you'll be lying to yourself - he wouldn't be bringing anything else to the table with credibility.

Can develop an offense? What's his defensive philosophy? We don't know, because he's never been responsible for either - at any level.

So you've got to trust that he brings in top level coordinators who can bring that element to the team, and I just don't see those coaches out there - because they're all interviewing for head coaching jobs themselves.

Honestly, we are caught in an age were every thinks the HC should either be running the offense or the defense. That's what they have cordinators for.

And yeah I agree, idk who he would pick as his DC/OC. But, he has been around the league for years. I'm sure he has an idea of what he would for his team.

Man, I can agree with your concerns. But, is that Seattle DC a product of the system? Is that OC in Denver a product of Manning? And I look at Del Rio and say, damn with all that talent in Denver, why aren't they shutting teams down?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For proper pronunciation of our future head coach's name please watch the first 15 seconds of this. (unless the interviewer fucked it up)

[video=youtube;SV-fFrQBHTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV-fFrQBHTA[/video]

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Toub has coached under Lovie and Andy Reid, two pretty damn good defensive and offensive coaches. He should be able to make some good hires for coordinators. He is kinda growing on me.