Ballard and Toub?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here you go...

Asked Wednesday about Cutler, Toub told "Waddle & Silvy": "I think Cutler is a great asset. He's an extraordinary talent. He just ... there are certain aspects he just needs to get better at, and it's his leadership skills. And I think that's something he'll work on down the road and hopefully he gets better at that."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/tag/_/name/dave-toub

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but I wouldn't understand the Toub hire at all. Weak as hell defense and massively underachieving offense and you bring in a special teams coach to right the ship? I really have no clue what that does for your team honestly.

And for all the John Harbaugh comparisons the obvious is clearly being missed. The Ravens front office is among the league elite, they consistently stack their team with solid defensive talent to complement competitive offenses. When I look at the Bears I don't see Mosley/Dumervil/Sugs/Ngata/Williams/Jernigan/Smith/etc. There is an obvious lack of talent here and bringing in a special teams coach puts alot of pressure on him to bring in ace coordinators, I'm just not sure I see that happening.

I would have to agree

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I wonder who Toub could get to be his offensive and defensive coordinators.

Crazy thought here. Rod Marinelli's contract is up in Dallas. I wonder if he and Toub have any kind of relationship where they could convince him to return. I know a lot of people are tired of hearing about Cover 2, but that'd be a great hire considering he'd be a guy who probably wouldn't ever get a head coaching job and could stay a long time.

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
I wonder who Toub could get to be his offensive and defensive coordinators.

Crazy thought here. Rod Marinelli's contract is up in Dallas. I wonder if he and Toub have any kind of relationship where they could convince him to return. I know a lot of people are tired of hearing about Cover 2, but that'd be a great hire considering he'd be a guy who probably wouldn't ever get a head coaching job and could stay a long time.

Toub & Marinelli would at least be interesting. Marinelli was excellent here and he did an excellent job in Dallas with very little talent to work with on the defensive end. Still don't dig the Toub idea on the surface but Toub + Marinelli + Someone half decent as OC would at least bring some legitimacy to the defensive and special teams which has recently been gone.