How about Marvin Lewis for HC

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know he is hated here in Chicago and it is time to move on but he is better than dalton

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah he's great. 4 consecutive one and dones. He's Lovie II with slightly more charisma.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
By resources I was referring to player salary from ownership. That has recently changed now with a salary floor in place but they have let a lot of good ones walk from the building since Marvin's reign.

Also he has been able to stay competitive while being in the same division as the Steelers and Ravens, which is no easy task this last decade.

Add to that he lost both highly regarded coordinators this year and everyone had the Bengals dead to rights and they still managed 10 wins and the playoffs. Did anyone see what their defense did to Peyton Manning week 16?

I never saw anything anywhere about the bengals being "dead to rights". I saw them picked to win the division and saw some pick them to be a wild card. I can't think of anyone who had them missing the playoffs. This statement is just flat out made up.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. He hasn't done enough to prove that he can get a team to go deep in the playoffs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah he's great. 4 consecutive one and dones. He's Lovie II with slightly more charisma.

Add to that the fact that over the years while Lewis has been there, the Bengals have had many, many players in trouble with the law. Not a great combination.

Lewis tied a record for playoff futility with the loss yesterday. Now 0-6, tied with Mora. Dalton also tied a record by losing his 4th playoff game without a win.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No fucking way.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never saw anything anywhere about the bengals being "dead to rights". I saw them picked to win the division and saw some pick them to be a wild card. I can't think of anyone who had them missing the playoffs. This statement is just flat out made up.

Not made up, I listen to NFL radio quite a bit and many hosts were down on the Bengals, even at the half way mark when they were first place in their division.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Add to that the fact that over the years while Lewis has been there, the Bengals have had many, many players in trouble with the law. Not a great combination.

Lewis tied a record for playoff futility with the loss yesterday. Now 0-6, tied with Mora. Dalton also tied a record by losing his 4th playoff game without a win.

The reason Lewis has had a lot of players in trouble with the law is because they take chances in the draft on players who have checkered pasts. If anything this is a positive on Lewis rather than a negaitive because he has been able to coach up these head cases and get production out of them.

Do you pay attention to anything outside of the Bears, seems like you live in a bubble.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lovie: Playoffs in 3/9 years among division with tomato cans like the Lions and Vikings. Coordinators: Shea, Turner, Tice, Babich, etc

Lewis: Playoffs in 6/12 seasons in a decade in the same division of the Ravens and Steelers. Has hired the likes of Gruden, Zimmer, and Hue Jackson as coordinators.

I'm not seeing the comparison.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The reason Lewis has had a lot of players in trouble with the law is because they take chances in the draft on players who have checkered pasts. If anything this is a positive on Lewis rather than a negaitive because he has been able to coach up these head cases and get production out of them.

Do you pay attention to anything outside of the Bears, seems like you live in a bubble.

So they draft players with checkered pasts, who end up in trouble with the law. Great plan.

The NFL is punishing players more frequently these days for their behavior away from football. Teams can't afford to lose players to suspension, so this path is more risky than ever.

I am not in a bubble. Not by a long shot. I haven't heard too many NFL experts predict the Bengals were not a playoff team. You mention it being common. So who were they? Saying "people had Cincy dead to rights" is inaccurate.

People who don't see things your way aren't automatically "in a bubble". And if anyone will be accused of being in a bubble, it will be someone NOT realizing Marvin Lewis has had many players in legal trouble.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm done defending Lewis. Do I think he's Belicheck, no. I keep hearing about Kubiak, Ryan, Marrone, and Shanahan as retreads to hire. Lewis is a better HC then all of those guys IMO.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So they draft players with checkered pasts, who end up in trouble with the law. Great plan.

The NFL is punishing players more frequently these days for their behavior away from football. Teams can't afford to lose players to suspension, so this path is more risky than ever.

I am not in a bubble. Not by a long shot. I haven't heard too many NFL experts predict the Bengals were not a playoff team. You mention it being common. So who were they? Saying "people had Cincy dead to rights" is inaccurate.

People who don't see things your way aren't automatically "in a bubble". And if anyone will be accused of being in a bubble, it will be someone NOT realizing Marvin Lewis has had many players in legal trouble.
Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan were down on the Bengals and they were not the only ones.

Marvin is the coach, not the GM or owner picking the players with troubled pasts. He has done a great job coaching those knuckleheads up.

jc456

Liked Posts:
the guy is 0-6 in post season!!! Haven't we seen enough losing?

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Man, I argued with someone on here a long time ago(forgot who it was) when he compared Lewis to Lovie and said how they were the same....

There are NOT the same at all. Marvin Lewis should have been fired LONG time ago. He is the TRUE definition of great coordinator/poor head coach that won't take a team to the next level. There is NO WAY the Bengals should be failing in the playoffs with all that talent...

BEARS

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Man, I argued with someone on here a long time ago(forgot who it was) when he compared Lewis to Lovie and said how they were the same....

There are NOT the same at all. Marvin Lewis should have been fired LONG time ago. He is the TRUE definition of great coordinator/poor head coach that won't take a team to the next level. There is NO WAY the Bengals should be failing in the playoffs with all that talent...

BEARS

they don't have a $$game Qb

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I think he's a good coach but he acts like a bit of a douche with the media sometimes.