Hub - BEARS Can't Afford To Keep Brandon Marshall

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
This may sound crazy ( and I have my flame resistant suit ready), but we do have to worry about paying Marshall soon. He is getting up in age. So, I'd consider packaging him with jay and trying to get some high round draft choices while we can b4 it's to late.

None of this has to do with Marshall's performance.....it's about business and looking into the future. I mean lets face it, these guys will not be with us long-term.

Yes, let's package two troubled players with huge contracts and a known history of problems and get high round draft choices. <rollseyes>

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Yes Trestman was a huge problem but Marshall is still a grown ass man who has been in the league for years now. No one should have to hold his hand and tell him not to quit routes or throw the team under the bus

Grown ass men do shit they shouldn't do every day, in and out of the league. Yet it still happens and will continue to happen. Some can be set on the right path some can't or don't want to be.

Not really sure what your point is (that grown ass men shouldn't do dumb shit?). Or mine really.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gone ass men do shit they shouldn't do every day, in and out of the league. Yet it still happens and will continue to happen. Some can be set on the right path some can't or don't want to be.

Not really sure what your point is (that grown ass men shouldn't do dumb shit?). Or mine really.

You are right. Grown ass men do do things they shouldn't but they usually have consequences to their actions, Marshall did not

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Yes Trestman was a huge problem but Marshall is still a grown ass man who has been in the league for years now. No one should have to hold his hand and tell him not to quit routes or throw the team under the bus

Just because he's grown up in age does not mean he has emotionally or mentally.

The guy obviously has a ton of problems and his first two years here were great. Aside from the press conference he didn't really do anything that bad. If Jeffery didn't take a step back this year I wouldn't have as many reservations about letting Marshall go but Jeffery without Marshall looked pedestrian. Win some games and this all goes away. Unfortunately I don't see the Bears winning much in 2015/16 so maybe he should go.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
You are right. Grown ass men do do things they shouldn't but they usually have consequences to their actions, Marshall did not

Yes and that goes back to my original statement that you quoted. The lack of consequences falls on the coach and GM.

Either way. I think we are on the same page here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hub keeps repeating he's a locker room cancer while giving no examples, and the examples given by others are lame. Start winning games and he will be able to throttle back the crazy.

On the field he is a clutch player who is tough as nails.

As a a human being and team mate, Dez Bryant is fifty times worse than Marshall and he is about to get a contract extension making him a Cowboy for life. This is the NFL, people.

Sounds to me like the only time he's a locker room cancer is when we're losing. So maybe if we win.........???

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I heard some analysis that said the Bears expected Briggs and Tillman to fill the leadership void vacated by Kreutz and then Urlacher...
Trestman never got rid of the Lovie brigade or showed them who was boss, for instance when Lovie first got here RW was a leader
and voiced some dissent over something at a practice and Lovie put him in the doghouse and next season he was GON.

Trestman's real issue..besides having a 26 million dollar QB who can't run his offense and allowing the one who can to leave may have been
that he never sent that warning shot over the bow like Lovie did, probably because he's some caring loving man who attempts to be the white
Jesus, that may work in Canada, but the boys will steamroll you down here.

I live in New England, very few players go there with Belichick, and when they do, they GON...regardless of who they are....ask Richard Seymour
about deciding he doesn't like to come to mini camps and how his career worked out after that..he not only got GON, he was GON to the Raiders
graveyard....ask Randy Moss, who after a record setting year starting his chirping, a lot like Brandon Marshall, they try to keep that ego under wraps
but it always comes out in the end....Randy Moss got let go DURING the season...now you see the Pats close to another SuperBowl with their
#1 WR being Brandon LaFell and a star TE...who is onboard w/ the coach 100%. Yeah, Trestman tried to big dick our TE in the preseason about
the Fuller dustup, but not once has he gotten medieval with a large ego. He basically let Briggs punk him in public.

Huh??

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I've heard a lot of people say we have to get rid of Marshall. It's amazing the disparity between fan opinions and beat writer opinions on this.

A lot of people really believe Marshall is a big problem

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
It's funny how much control Lovie had over the players as you never heard of this shit till now
Yes. Lovie's control was fantastic. Especially as it relates to Tank Johnson, Lance Briggs wrapping his Murci around a median and his center breaking the jaw of one his fellow offensive linemen.

Yep. Control.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
tumblr_mlypj07PwQ1r1mr1po1_500.gif

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Dez has nowhere near the rap sheet that Marshall has and is a clearly better player at this point. Why would you think he is a worse person than Marshall? Do you know him or something?

Apparently you don't pay much attention to the Dez Bryant saga.

He got arrested to for threatening to kill his own mother.

He got into a nasty verbal altercation with Jason Witten a few years ago against Detroit.

He walked off the field before a game was over against Green Bay.

He's constantly throwing fits, yelling at players and his own coach on the sidelines. God only knows what he says in the locker room but yelling at players like Marshall did this past season is something Bryant does almost weekly.

He got in a fight in practice with Joseph Randle 2 months ago.

This guy was so bad, that Jerry Jones enacted special rules for him to try to keep him out of trouble

Not to mention other events that happened before his altercation with his mom

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's funny how much control Lovie had over the players as you never heard of this shit till now

.....and we haven't had a winning record since Smith left.....but everybody wanted him gone. PPL should be careful what they wish for.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, let's package two troubled players with huge contracts and a known history of problems and get high round draft choices. <rollseyes>

..well we once spent 2 first round draft choices for a Qb who'd NEVER WON ANYTHING in the NFL . So maybe, we can find another sucker team to take these so-called "troubled players" off our hands.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just because Trestman couldn't figure out how to establish authority over BM doesn't mean it can't be done.

True, but it is now

Shannahan
McDaniels
Sparano
Trestman

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they can get a decent pick for him then trade him. The Bears need picks.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want to split hairs you could probably just leave Trestman up there really, he wasn't diagnosed until he was well into his time with Miami. But anyway, Hub is full of shit not a fan.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
.....and we haven't had a winning record since Smith left.....but everybody wanted him gone. PPL should be careful what they wish for.

I'm pretty sure everyone is still glad he's gone to except maybe a few Lovie lovers.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by TexasBearfan View Post
I heard some analysis that said the Bears expected Briggs and Tillman to fill the leadership void vacated by Kreutz and then Urlacher...
Trestman never got rid of the Lovie brigade or showed them who was boss, for instance when Lovie first got here RW was a leader
and voiced some dissent over something at a practice and Lovie put him in the doghouse and next season he was GON.

Trestman's real issue..besides having a 26 million dollar QB who can't run his offense and allowing the one who can to leave may have been
that he never sent that warning shot over the bow like Lovie did, probably because he's some caring loving man who attempts to be the white
Jesus, that may work in Canada, but the boys will steamroll you down here.

I live in New England, very few players go there with Belichick, and when they do, they GON...regardless of who they are....ask Richard Seymour
about deciding he doesn't like to come to mini camps and how his career worked out after that..he not only got GON, he was GON to the Raiders
graveyard....ask Randy Moss, who after a record setting year starting his chirping, a lot like Brandon Marshall, they try to keep that ego under wraps
but it always comes out in the end....Randy Moss got let go DURING the season...now you see the Pats close to another SuperBowl with their
#1 WR being Brandon LaFell and a star TE...who is onboard w/ the coach 100%. Yeah, Trestman tried to big dick our TE in the preseason about
the Fuller dustup, but not once has he gotten medieval with a large ego. He basically let Briggs punk him in public

Translation: Tressman lets players get away with questionable behavior. As a result, tress does not command or get respect.

For example, letting the "leader" on "D" go to damn restaurant opening the very first of practice. That's when I when started question tress' leadership and team control. No way, I'd let the so-called "leader" on a weak "D" miss the 1st first day of practice.

Instead, I wouda' told him to do the restaurant opening ON HIS OWN TIME OFF.