Hub - BEARS Can't Afford To Keep Brandon Marshall

Newblood

Liked Posts:
ok then we're slightly screwed. I hesr he has a "soft guarantee" where we'd only be out 5m if we trade him

How are you screwed at all if you are getting high production from the guy? Last year was an aberration, not a standard in production for Marshall. So I have little reason to think he can't produce at his standard next year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I love the narrative earlier in this thread. "I don't like what Hub is reporting, therefore he must have some hidden agenda to get rid of Marshall."

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently you don't pay much attention to the Dez Bryant saga.

He got arrested to for threatening to kill his own mother.

He got into a nasty verbal altercation with Jason Witten a few years ago against Detroit.

He walked off the field before a game was over against Green Bay.

He's constantly throwing fits, yelling at players and his own coach on the sidelines. God only knows what he says in the locker room but yelling at players like Marshall did this past season is something Bryant does almost weekly.

He got in a fight in practice with Joseph Randle 2 months ago.

This guy was so bad, that Jerry Jones enacted special rules for him to try to keep him out of trouble

Not to mention other events that happened before his altercation with his mom

So, Dez has never been convicted of a crime and may have slapped his ex-con mother with a ball cap, causing her no visible physical injury. You and the Eye doc should talk to some cops and see what they think of this report.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nobody is going anywhere until a new GM and Head Coach are hired. As for Marshall, he didn't quit on the team like so many others did. He is not a perfect human being but he admits his faults unlike so many others in this world. Him I respect!

Newblood

Liked Posts:
So, Dez has never been convicted of a crime and may have slapped his ex-con mother with a ball cap, causing her no visible physical injury. You and the Eye doc should talk to some cops and see what they think of this report.

Your justifications are comical.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well, at least he didn't leave any visible injuries when beating his mother.

Last edited:

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Apparently you don't pay much attention to the Dez Bryant saga.

He got arrested to for threatening to kill his own mother.

He got into a nasty verbal altercation with Jason Witten a few years ago against Detroit.

He walked off the field before a game was over against Green Bay.

He's constantly throwing fits, yelling at players and his own coach on the sidelines. God only knows what he says in the locker room but yelling at players like Marshall did this past season is something Bryant does almost weekly.

He got in a fight in practice with Joseph Randle 2 months ago.

This guy was so bad, that Jerry Jones enacted special rules for him to try to keep him out of trouble

Not to mention other events that happened before his altercation with his mom

A look at Dez’s incidents, most born of immaturity, ignorance and arrogance:

OCTOBER 2009: Suspended the last 10 games of his junior season at Oklahoma State for lying to NCAA investigators about a legal lunch meeting with Deion Sanders.

MARCH 2010: In a pre-draft interview, Miami Dolphins’ scouting director Jeff Ireland asks Dez “Is your mother a prostitute?” Dez answers “No.” Ireland later apologizes.

APRIL 2010: Despite several teams labeling him “undraftable” because of “undeveloped life skills”, the Cowboys trade a 3rd-round pick to the Patriots to move up and draft Dez 24th overall. He soon thereafter signs a 5-year contract worth $11.8 million.

JULY 2010: Thumbing his nose at NFL tradition, Dez refuses to carry the shoulder pads of veteran receiver Roy Williams on the first day of Cowboys’ training camp.

SEPTEMBER 2010: Pays $54,896 for lavish team dinner at Pappas Bros. steakhouse in Dallas.

MARCH 2011: At North Park mall Dez is issued a ticket for parking in a fire lane, involved in a “major disturbance” at PF Chang’s and banned for sagging his pants and cursing a security guard.

APRIL 2011: Dez is sued by two jewelers, claiming he didn’t pay for custom jewelry and tickets to sporting events totaling almost $575,000.

MAY 2011: Mentor Deion Sanders publicly cuts ties with Dez, saying “Everybody is worried. I think the Dallas Cowboys are more concerned than I am. I had to cut my umbilical cord with him, because a lot of things people do not know about.”

JULY 2011: Dez no-shows at a New Jersey sports memorabilia show for which he received – in exchange for a scheduled 2-hour autograph session – $10,000, 3 round-trip airline tickets, three hotel rooms and 80-mile limo ride to Atlantic City.

AUGUST 2011: Though rumors of a fight after a pre-season game at Cowboys Stadium with the mother of one of his two sons persist, no police report is filed.

JANUARY 2012: Dez is detained and questioned by Miami police after a fight involving rapper Lil’ Wayne at the famed South Beach Club LIV.

JUNE 2012: After having his driver’s license previously suspended for excessive traffic tickets, Dez is issued a conditional license by a Dallas County judge.

JULY 2012: Dez is arrested and charged with a Class A misdemeanor of domestic violence after an incident in DeSoto in which he allegedly slapped his mother, Angela.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/07/17/dez-bryants-dirty-timeline/

CBS sports should fire that asswipe Richie Whitt for writing this.

It's Bryant's fault Jeff Ireland asked a dumb ass question?

He criticizes Bryant as a rookie for "not adhering to tradition," for refusing to carrying Roy Williams football pads, AND for "adhering to tradition" when he pays for an extravagant team meal???

I hope Whitt isn't breeding.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Welcome Back COBBLAND!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/brandon-marshall/

That's not what this site that breaks down contracts says.
One problem:
Sportac:
Contract Source: Brad Biggs

The more accurate OTC more specifically breaks it down.
Marshall received a $7.5 million signing bonus and his 2014 base salary is fully guaranteed. Marshall’s 2015 base salary becomes fully guaranteed if on the roster on the 3rd day of the 2015 League Year.

So it would not be that costly to do such a stupid thing as cut or trade Marshall.

Q-Tip

Liked Posts:
This horrible roster literally has only 1 strength and this guy wants to destroy it?

malcore

One problem:
Sportac:
Contract Source: Brad Biggs

The more accurate OTC more specifically breaks it down.
Marshall received a $7.5 million signing bonus and his 2014 base salary is fully guaranteed. Marshall’s 2015 base salary becomes fully guaranteed if on the roster on the 3rd day of the 2015 League Year.

So it would not be that costly to do such a stupid thing as cut or trade Marshall.

I was going to thank this post, until I read the last sentence.

Liked Posts:
Not to sidetrack the discussion but is it really unquestionable that he's top 3 or 4?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody is going anywhere until a new GM and Head Coach are hired. As for Marshall, he didn't quit on the team like so many others did. He is not a perfect human being but he admits his faults unlike so many others in this world. Him I respect!

Actually, Marshall quit in the Dolphins game and Patriots game, to name two of them.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Actually, Marshall quit in the Dolphins game and Patriots game, to name two of them.

I don't agree with everything Ditka says .....but when he says we need players here who want play football and our honored to play for the Bears....then I'm with him.

Tom Arrow

Liked Posts:
This gets old.

I like Hub. Hub is on The Score. The Score's agenda is to hate Brandon Marshall. So much so that I think Brandon Marshall may have schtooped The Score's wife at a party or something.

Bernstein, Hub, Boers, Rosenbloom - they all feed the 'Brandon has to go narrative'.

Why? He's one of the best WR in the league and he's under contract. When he's on the field and healthy, he makes Alshon a better player giving him better match ups.

So, one 'veteran player' thinks Marshall is a pain in the ass. So what? Think about your work environment. There's always someone who is a complete pain in the ass. Welcome to be an adult in the world. I'd imagine every locker room has teammates that people love, some they can't stand and some that keep to themselves. Just like any other 'workplace'.

People keep taking about 'leadership'. What the fuck does that even mean? By all accounts, he was the only guy on that team that wanted to win football games. Look no further than his WR mate to see a guy that completely gave up on the season. Is #15 supposed to be a 'leader' to make Robbie Gould make FGs? Is he supposed to be a 'leader' to make veteran CB Tim Jennings not look bad? Is he supposed to be a 'leader' to make high price veteran LT Jermon Bushrod not have a bad year?

I think this leadership stuff is all bullshit and stupid fan projection. Does anyone think an NFL player making $1M and in a contract year decides to put for that extra effort because a teammate tells him to?

Leadership is what players do on the fucking football field. That amounts to not throwing stupid passes, running routes properly, making 44 yard field goals, blocking linebackers, etc.

How many of those media types have ever played football, much less ever coached a pro team or any team?
They make their money by stirring up controversy. Thanks for the breath of fresh air and a realistic assessment fatbabies....
Leaders lead in large part by the example they set on the job, doing whatever they do with excellence. BTW Bernstein and Boers
Are as arrogant and rude as can be and listening to that show is like listening to Don Rickles except Don is a comedian and rudeness is his Schtick.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This site certainly has an interesting affinity for Brandon Marshall. I'm wondering if many of you mental disorders yourself, feel a close "bond" with the guy and can't judge this story objectively.

I know some people who have to put up with undeserved bigotry because they've admitted their problem. I know a lot more like you who deserve it because they won't amit the problem.
Why, do you want to box a few rounds?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Then the Bears can't afford to win and should start looking at the top 20 prospects for the 2016 NFL draft.