Adam Jahns: NFL Source on Chris Ballard - "Hands down, Best Scout I know, Hands down"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
1) Lovie wanted to hire Ballard last year.
2) Lovie wanted to hire Ballard last year.
3) Lovie wanted to hire Ballard last year.

:-v

ok ....well Smith has been to couple Sb's . Thanks cargo. Now we're getting somewhere. BTW.....How's that towel working for ya', did it stop the 'squirting'.....lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
1) lets stop with the manipulation / spinning 2) where in my quote did I say "you're shitting all over Ballard as if you're positive he'll be a failure " YOU said this, not me.

:obama:

I'm trying to figure out whats he done so special in KC. Nobody can break it down point for point. They were 1 and done last year and didn't make the playoffs this yr. Yet this guy is a "HOT COMMODITY"

3) I just asked for reasons. PolarBear gave a decent reason if a x-Packer guy is high on him ok thats one reason 4) NO ya' never know what a person will do until hired, however, ya' try to go with the candidate who is most qualified to do the job. Have you ever been involved in a hiring process for anybody?

Ever since GM jobs have come available, this guy has been getting recommended. There was even a thread that showed who he helped scout while on the Bears as an area scout. They've given pretty much everything you can ask for without being directly involved in the process. Doesn't mean he'll be a success, but I can't remember any GM candidate getting so many recommendations outside of DeCosta.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
:obama:

Ever since GM jobs have come available, this guy has been getting recommended. There was even a thread that showed who he helped scout while on the Bears as an area scout. They've given pretty much everything you can ask for without being directly involved in the process. Doesn't mean he'll be a success, but I can't remember any GM candidate getting so many recommendations outside of DeCosta.

right now what we have is a X-Packer guy endorses him and according to cargo, Smith wanted him.

KCbear

Liked Posts:
1) lets stop with the manipulation / spinning 2) where in my quote did I say "you're shitting all over Ballard as if you're positive he'll be a failure " YOU said this, not me. 3) I just asked for reasons. PolarBear gave a decent reason if a x-Packer guy is high on him ok thats one reason 4) NO ya' never know what a person will do until hired, however, ya' try to go with the candidate who is most qualified to do the job. Have you ever been involved in a hiring process for anybody?

Would you hire a front office exec from the browns?

How about a former retread head coach from the browns?

Would you hire a guy who scouted for the dolphins, then was a pro scout for the lions?

If you said no to these questions you just turned down Ozzie newsome, bill belicheck, and Kevin Colbert (steelers gm)

My point being that just because a guy was a part of a "loser" organization by no means makes him a loser with no credentials.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Its hard to make 3 arguments for any candidate that was not a GM beforehand because none of them have hired a coaching staff or been in charge in a war room before...

You want to know how he is under pressure, how organized and meticulous he is and if he identifies traits that are crucial in head coaching candidates. These are things none of us can now without speaking with him directly. I think his scouting ability speaks for itself. He wouldn't be getting this kind of praise if he wasn't a good scout.

I hope that Accorsi is running that show and will be apart of the interview process. The last two GM hires by Phillips were abysmal and I think that is testament to Phillips knowledge of football.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Where was Ballard's scouting ability between 2006 and 2013 when he was with the Bears? It sure would have been a big help if he could have found a few offensive linemen a couple of safeties, especially since defensive backs were his specialty, a number one wide receiver would have been a help.

This nauseating pro Ballard narrative we keep being thrown by the media may only surpass the Emery and then Trestman head coach/QB Whisperer narrative we were fed three and then two years ago. This whole entire thing is just so Bears.

So the sinister McCaskey's are orchestrating a massive conspiracy to flood the Chicago market with pro-Ballard commentary before his imminent hiring? Did your wife leave you in the sun too long this weekend?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its hard to make 3 arguments for any candidate that was not a GM beforehand because none of them have hired a coaching staff or been in charge in a war room before...

You want to know how he is under pressure, how organized and meticulous he is and if he identifies traits that are crucial in head coaching candidates. These are things none of us can now without speaking with him directly. I think his scouting ability speaks for itself. He wouldn't be getting this kind of praise if he wasn't a good scout.

I hope that Accorsi is running that show and will be apart of the interview process. The last two GM hires by Phillips were abysmal and I think that is testament to Phillips knowledge of football.

Angelo got the team into a SB and another NFCCG. Most GMs go out on a low note. He had some highs. He won 4 division titles and hired a guy who was NFL coach of the year and drafted at least one possible HOF player. I was happy to see JA go but he was not abysmal.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter tweeted Bears are interviewing Lake Dawson on Tuesday. Rooney rule will be complied when we interview our next GM on Wednesday.

so is the Rooney rule for GM AND HC....or are we OK to proceed with some honkeys after we interview just one brother for either position?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Angelo got the team into a SB and another NFCCG. Most GMs go out on a low note. He had some highs. He won 4 division titles and hired a guy who was NFL coach of the year and drafted at least one possible HOF player. I was happy to see JA go but he was not abysmal.

Any success they had was much more in spite of Angelo, not because of him.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

That success belongs to Lovie Smith. Lovie lead a team that lacked significant talent on one side of the ball mainly due to Angelo's inability to actually draft a decent offensive player in his 12 years in chicago, to some great success. Urlacher wasn't even drafted by Angelo as far as I can remember.

Lovie constantly got the most out of very little with this team and I don't think he gets enough respect for what he did here in Chicago.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
He was stubborn and arrogant. Got too big for his britches. I agree though that he wasn't abysmal. It was just time for him to go.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
we should do a march on Halas Hall..print the t-shirts.....hands down---best scout

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter tweeted Bears are interviewing Lake Dawson on Tuesday. Rooney rule will be complied when we interview our next GM on Wednesday.

Wouldnt be surprised if thats exactly how it plays out. Probably why Ballard pushed his interview to Wednesday.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is impossible to really assess someone who has never been a GM before.

You don't know how good a King someone will be till they have the crown.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Where was Ballard's scouting ability between 2006 and 2013 when he was with the Bears? It sure would have been a big help if he could have found a few offensive linemen a couple of safeties, especially since defensive backs were his specialty, a number one wide receiver would have been a help.

This nauseating pro Ballard narrative we keep being thrown by the media may only surpass the Emery and then Trestman head coach/QB Whisperer narrative we were fed three and then two years ago. This whole entire thing is just so Bears.

Didn't Angelo admit to pretty much blowing off his scouts on players they looked at?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any success they had was much more in spite of Angelo, not because of him.

Whether true or not, JA was qualified for the step up, Emery was not. I kept my fingers crossed but he obviously wasn't good at the pro end of things. Ballard as director of player personnel is about as qualified as you can be without actually being a GM.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't know whether Chris Ballard is the best guy for the GM job or not. He very well may be.

But the Bears should be ashamed of themselves if they hire Ballard and/or Toub. They had these guys in the fucking building for years and couldn't recognize what they might soon now be recognizing? Years later? Fuck this front office.

That's not to say they shouldn't hire Ballard and/or Toub.