Adam Jahns: NFL Source on Chris Ballard - "Hands down, Best Scout I know, Hands down"

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns: NFL Source on Chris Ballard - "Hands down, Best Scout I know, Hands down"

But can he be GM, and can be make a mean BLT?

Anyway, that per Adam Jahns' Twitter.

For what its worth.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's going to interview Wednesday, not sure which, Wednesday, cuz biff didnt specify. But just an fyi incase anyone in America (and beyond) didnt catch his sweet blog.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
In other words, everyone with a life....

But yeah, I am hoping if Ballard is the guy they wrap this up between Wed and Fri.

What's kind of funny to me, is, everyone in the media is so obsessed with whether the Bears have a sense of Urgency or not, while in the meantime, you look around the league and not a single team has actually hired a head coach or even a GM yet...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Best scout bitches, hands down

fess-as-davy.jpg

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
$12 says this turns into a Ferguson thread.

sewie

Liked Posts:
Makes it hard to do interviews when most of the good potential candidates are in the playoffs.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
In other words, everyone with a life....

But yeah, I am hoping if Ballard is the guy they wrap this up between Wed and Fri.

What's kind of funny to me, is, everyone in the media is so obsessed with whether the Bears have a sense of Urgency or not, while in the meantime, you look around the league and not a single team has actually hired a head coach or even a GM yet...

Im willing to bet its the same in the other Cities as well. Probably even worse in Jetsland.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Most of the GM candidates mentioned arent and even in regards to those who are, I dont believe the no interviews rule applies to executives.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Emery was a good scout as well in my opinion. He sucked at picking coaches. Let's hope if Ballard is the guy, he can hire the right coach.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Where was Ballard's scouting ability between 2006 and 2013 when he was with the Bears? It sure would have been a big help if he could have found a few offensive linemen a couple of safeties, especially since defensive backs were his specialty, a number one wide receiver would have been a help.

This nauseating pro Ballard narrative we keep being thrown by the media may only surpass the Emery and then Trestman head coach/QB Whisperer narrative we were fed three and then two years ago. This whole entire thing is just so Bears.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
But can he be GM, and can be make a mean BLT?

Anyway, that per Adam Jahns' Twitter.

For what its worth.

I'm trying to figure out whats he done so special in KC. Nobody can break it down point for point. They were 1 and done last year and didn't make the playoffs this yr. Yet this guy is a "HOT COMMODITY"

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm trying to figure out whats he done so special in KC. Nobody can break it down point for point. They were 1 and done last year and didn't make the playoffs this yr. Yet this guy is a "HOT COMMODITY"

:obama:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Where was Ballard's scouting ability between 2006 and 2013 when he was with the Bears? It sure would have been a big help if he could have found a few offensive linemen a couple of safeties, especially since defensive backs were his specialty, a number one wide receiver would have been a help.

This nauseating pro Ballard narrative we keep being thrown by the media may only surpass the Emery and then Trestman head coach/QB Whisperer narrative we were fed three and then two years ago. This whole entire thing is just so Bears.

walk down memory lane

Bears hire Alouettes' Marc Trestman
Updated: January 16, 2013, 2:29 PM ET
By Michael C. Wright

" CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bears ended their search for a new coach early Wednesday morning when they made the decision to bring aboard the Montreal Alouettes' Marc Trestman as the franchise's 14th head coach.

SeifertThe Bears essentially swung for the fences with the hire of Marc Trestman and it will either be a "home run" choice or an epic strikeout, Kevin Seifert writes. Blog

Pro Football Focus scrutinizes the Bears roster to see where Marc Trestman should turn his attention first. The evidence seems to focus squarely on the offense. Story Insider

A noted quarterback guru, Trestman has been an assistant with eight NFL teams but has been out of the league for eight years. His stint in the CFL began in 2008 and eventually led to his succeeding Lovie Smith, who was fired by the Bears on Dec. 31.

In addition to his duties as a coach, Trestman works during the offseason to prepare college quarterbacks for the NFL draft. Trestman worked with Jay Cutler and Bears backup Jason Campbell before their respective drafts.

Cutler was ecstatic Wednesday that Trestman will be his new coach. Cutler said that working with him before the draft, "you could just tell how knowledgeable he was about the quarterback position and offense in general," according to the team's website.

"It's a great hire. I couldn't be more excited. He's been successful wherever he's been," he said, according to the team's website."

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
you can't do it either. You can't say .....'well Ballard's done, this, that, etc. ' Give me 3 solid reasons why this guy will be instrumental in getting the Bears to a SB.

Nobody would have any idea how good Ballard is because none of us are in the meetings during the off-season or in the war room on draft day. You don't know how much power or say he had at the Bears or at the Chiefs.

The only thing I can point to that speaks to Ballard's ability is that John Dorsey, the GM of the Chiefs and one of the most influential people in the Packers office for over the past decade hired him to be director of player personnel. To have a GM and football mind like that respect you enough to hire you to that position showcases his belief in him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is true of every potential hire at this point. They have not been the guy making the final decision or hiring coaches or organizing a scouting department. The only thing that helps a fan at this point is opinions of NFL people that have seen them work, of which he has had glowing reviews. But even that is just opinions.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
you can't do it either. You can't say .....'well Ballard's done, this, that, etc. ' Give me 3 solid reasons why this guy will be instrumental in getting the Bears to a SB.

Of course I can't do it. The funny thing is you have no proof of any non-GM and what they've accomplished, yet you're shitting all over Ballard as if you're positive he'll be a failure because people have no way to prove what can't be proven for any GM candidate that has yet to be a GM. Until he actually becomes a GM, there's nothing that proves any of these guys can or can't do the job.

Speed

Liked Posts:

@ The end of the day he was still Angelo's underling or whatever and he answered to Lovie as well. He's only a scout, not the shot-caller.

Also wasn't this more or less Jay's best season ever? Trestman does get the most out of his QB's though he is complete shit as a head coach.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:

1) Lovie wanted to hire Ballard last year.
2) Lovie wanted to hire Ballard last year.
3) Lovie wanted to hire Ballard last year.

:-v

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
you can't do it either. You can't say .....'well Ballard's done, this, that, etc. ' Give me 3 solid reasons why this guy will be instrumental in getting the Bears to a SB

Of course I can't do it. The funny thing is you have no proof of any non-GM and what they've accomplished, yet you're shitting all over Ballard as if you're positive he'll be a failure because people have no way to prove what can't be proven for any GM candidate that has yet to be a GM. Until he actually becomes a GM, there's nothing that proves any of these guys can or can't do the job.

1) lets stop with the manipulation / spinning 2) where in my quote did I say "you're shitting all over Ballard as if you're positive he'll be a failure " YOU said this, not me. 3) I just asked for reasons. PolarBear gave a decent reason if a x-Packer guy is high on him ok thats one reason 4) NO ya' never know what a person will do until hired, however, ya' try to go with the candidate who is most qualified to do the job. Have you ever been involved in a hiring process for anybody?