Letting go of Cutler and B.Marshall

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
If you are getting rid of Marshall you are preparing for an all out rebuild. If that is the case the last thing you do is spend big money on FA's in the first year of an overhaul. At the start of a rebuild you add talent through the draft and mid-tier and depth guys through free agency. When you have acquired enough talent and feel your team is ready to win, then you spend on impact free agents.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
If you are getting rid of Marshall you are preparing for an all out rebuild. If that is the case the last thing you do is spend big money on FA's in the first year of an overhaul. At the start of a rebuild you add talent through the draft and mid-tier and depth guys through free agency. When you have acquired enough talent and feel your team is ready to win, then you spend on impact free agents.

But, that's exactly what the opposition expects. We Should do the opposite like Castanza.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:

Yes, we are in full rebuild mode. It will take 2-3 years just to get our roster filled up.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We already have a decent amount of cap space with Cutler and Marshall. there are teams that would take Cutler, but they would be stupid to trade before the start of the "new football year". The Bears have to eat more of Cutler's money after this date. In regards to other FA's coming here. Destination is not a main concern, it's about the money.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'll take a 6th rounder for Jay while eating $5M of his 2015 salary and a 6th rounder for Brandon Marshall. Before we can build this thing back up, we need to tear it down. I'd also trade Forte for a 4th rounder because he has one more good year before he starts to decline. I've identified a few pieces that we can keep for the next 5-6 years.

1) Kyle Long
2) Kyle Fuller
3) Alshon Jeffrey
4) Jermon Bushrod
5) Marty Bennett
6) Christian Jones
7) Robbie Gould

It's possible Marquis Wilson will develop into a piece who belongs here -- but every body else should go.

if that's all we could get then we should just keep 'em

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
literally every poster in here is a full on fucking Special person.

Yeah, well, you do realize you are a poster in here now.

So...

826.gif

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Soooooo....get rid of 2 bad/expensive deals, and replace them with more (potentially) bad/expensive deals?? This team needs to hit on draft picks, and bargain free agents..

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rumor that I heard today is that the Bengals have really soured on their qb and might want to trade for Cutler. Their so-called "window of opportunity" is closing they feel and don't have any confidence at the position.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumor that I heard today is that the Bengals have really soured on their qb and might want to trade for Cutler. Their so-called "window of opportunity" is closing they feel and don't have any confidence at the position.

so Dalton for Cutler?

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
According to spotrac, Marshall's cap his $13.25 mil if you release him or trade him.

mecha

Liked Posts:
point 1: I think there were people last year saying Andy Dalton would be a clear upgrade over Jay Cutler.

point 2: does anyone else think it's insane that Marvin Lewis still has a job with that team?

point 3: Brandon Marshall was injured virtually the entire year. is that the real reason everyone wants him gone?