Ballard Offered the Job - sourced

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you know this isn't both Dawson and Ballard's second interview?

Which I am thinking it probably is...

Accorsi most likely hired weeks before Emery was fired and had his list ready to go on that Monday...

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Gotta feel bad for the Lake Dawson's of the world.....alot of wasted time for him as he seems like a popular person to bring in to satisfy the rule. Good enough to be a candidate but not good enough to get hired.

True that. Unintended consequence of the rule. I wonder if they realized good people would be screwed around so much just to follow the rule.

Of course, on the other hand---FaceTime, recognition, etc. So, whatever

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So he's bringing Toub back to be the HC? At least we'll have improved special teams units. Might work out...who knows?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can someone answer the following- i need to know what this guy looks like. In the picture used in this article and in many other articles, the dude kinda looks like a bad ass.

ct-bears-will-interview-chris-ballard-spt-0105-20150104

but this guy

BALLARD.jpg

and this guy

ballard_chris.jpg

kinda look like douche bags.

obviously this is the most important aspect for any GM candidate (see Angelo, Emery, etc).

cd35

Liked Posts:
If at first you don't succeed in hiring someone from the Chiefs who previous worked for the Bears...........try again.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago

#Chiefs exec Chris Ballard is not expected to interview for #Eagles top personnel job that Philly requested him for. Lack of final say hurts

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
"The source said Ballard is the only name on Chicago’s list of potential GMs.

Ballard denied an interview request from the New York Jets today, telling the Jets that talks with the Bears are ongoing and he has no interest in New York’s GM position."

Ballard the only name on the list? If this report is true, Ernie Accorsi owes the Bears a refund.
That's not how consultant fees work. He could have provided a decent list and they crossed a lot off for different reasons even.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Gotta feel bad for the Lake Dawson's of the world.....alot of wasted time for him as he seems like a popular person to bring in to satisfy the rule. Good enough to be a candidate but not good enough to get hired.

Really what needs to happen is a NFL oversight group to monitor when a b.s. interviews takes place. Would I want this no.....but the "ole boys network" has to be stopped.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's not how consultant fees work. He could have provided a decent list and they crossed a lot off for different reasons even.

Was more a joke than anything else, but if the Bears are crossing names of Accorsi's list without interviewing them, that doesn't sit well with me either.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really what needs to happen is a NFL oversight group to monitor when a b.s. interview takes place. Would I want this no.....but the "ole boys network" has to be stopped.

No truth to the rumor that Staley the Bear will be handling Dawson's interview...

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Was more a joke than anything else, but if the Bears are crossing names of Accorsi's list without interviewing them, that doesn't sit well with me either.

In case you was wondering, I don't give a shit if it sets well with you.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so that really means he will have final say with the Bears?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
True that. Unintended consequence of the rule. I wonder if they realized good people would be screwed around so much just to follow the rule.

Of course, on the other hand---FaceTime, recognition, etc. So, whatever

At some point, measures like in the corporate world will need to take in the NFL to insure fair hiring practices. If I were Lake, I complain to the union for having his time wasted. I do get the FaceTime, recognition, etc.......effects, but it still stinks to know u have no chance of getting hired somewhere, no matter your qualifications.