Ballard shot down Philly now in addition to Jets. Says HUGE things about Ted Phillips

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The question was about what hand he had in that record? How many players is he responsible for? How many coaches is he responsible for?

You have no idea, but your pissed off about it!

That seems like misplaced anger. Maybe, you should get upset about things that you know are real.

So Ted Phillips has had absolutely zero responsibility for the past 16 years.

Gheez I need a job like that.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I already answered what I wanted. You apparently don't think Ted Phillips ever played a role in football decisions, which is wrong.

I've clearly stated in this thread that he has a hand in football decisions. He helps pick the GM and signs off on contracts. That's all that's been established.

The thing that's been called into question is all of the stuff that you appear to be making up. That's the subject. That's what we're actually talking about. Try to keep up.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Ted Phillips has had absolutely zero responsibility for the past 16 years.

Gheez I need a job like that.

I'm sure you'll spend the majority of your life having zero responsibilities at your job.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll believe it when I see it with Ballard...forgive me for being skeptical. I'll own it if Ballard gets the job and full personnel controls, I just don't see it happening.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Nothing has been said officially about Ted Phillips changing his role. Pardon me if I don't buy the Bears bullshit.

It has been reported by numerous sources that Ballard is only interested in GM openings that will grant him full control over football operations. This goes back all the way to him turning down Lovie last year. He may have even turned down another interview last season as well, Im not sure.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure you'll spend the majority of your life having zero responsibilities at your job.

Yep. Teaching 100 children today was a zero responsibility job.

Assclown.

But way to answer my question little buddy.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why you asking me? I just asked you.

And it was stated in the press conference that if they found the right guy, that Phillips role could be reduced.
And it just so happens, that it looks like they are a hiring a guy that is demanding full control. You know, because he turned down interviews with 2 teams that he felt he wasn't going great to have full control. Add those together and what do you get? I'll give you a hint, it starts with a B and ends with allard

Bob Mallard?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Nothing has been said officially about Ted Phillips changing his role. Pardon me if I don't buy the Bears bullshit.

So you don't believe it unless it's official. But the only people that can speak officially are the Bears, who you don't believe?

You are just a walking contradition, aren't you?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yep. Teaching 100 children today was a zero responsibility job.

Assclown.

But way to answer my question little buddy.

Please tell me you teach creative writing.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you don't believe it unless it's official. But the only people that can speak officially are the Bears, who you don't believe?

You are just a walking contradition, aren't you?

Cripes. I heard the same rhetoric from Phillips for 16 years. Forgive me if I don't believe the Bears are doing a seismic shift of the way they've done business for nearly two decades.

I didn't believe it until the Cubs hired Theo Epstein and even I had my doubts throughout that plan, guess what? I was wrong, its coming to fruition. There would be nothing more that I would like than a Bears Super Bowl win. I couldn't care less how it happens. My e-ego has handled being wrong before and will continue to do so so long as I'm alive.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Ted Phillips plays no role in football decisions, yet the Bears are going to fundamentally change how their organization operates?

Seems legit.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'll believe it when I see it with Ballard...forgive me for being skeptical. I'll own it if Ballard gets the job and full personnel controls, I just don't see it happening.

If you stated originally you wanted to take a wait and see approach no one would have thought twice. Most would agree with you. But you went full meatball talking about how the president runs everything, unless he doesn't. But he shouldn't, unless he should. And spouting nothing but unbacked claims.

Reactions: WCL

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Cripes. I heard the same rhetoric from Phillips for 16 years. Forgive me if I don't believe the Bears are doing a seismic shift of the way they've done business for nearly two decades.

I didn't believe it until the Cubs hired Theo Epstein and even I had my doubts throughout that plan, guess what? I was wrong, its coming to fruition. There would be nothing more that I would like than a Bears Super Bowl win. I couldn't care less how it happens. My e-ego has handled being wrong before and will continue to do so so long as I'm alive.

Yay, so you won't believe fire is hot until you stick your hand in it. Does that make you smarter and more cautious than everyone else? Or just the guy in the room that always has a burnt hand?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fisch.....

You sound like a fucking raging lunatic in this thread. Are you ok? You've contradicted everything you've said so far, and keep blurting out some shit record. If anyone ever needed to go to bed...... It's you buddy.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The real question is do we want the guy responsible for gems like Benson, Dvoarchek, Bradley and Iglesias making picks?

It's hard to judge players like Mark Bradley and Dusty Dvoracek when their careers were plagued by injuries, they have no control over that. If I remember correctly, Mark Bradley had a few good games and made a few nice plays during his time with the Bears.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Ballard is playing this great. By declining interviews he is elevating himself to a must get in the eyes of the public. I give him props for knowing how to handle yourself when trying to land a very public full control NFL exec position.

He has went from some relatively unknown scout, to as hot as maybe anyone besides DeCosta in a week. By Wednesday the hype will be so strong he will be able to extort a higher contract at this point.

Shows he knows how to formulate and then execute a plan, hopefully he can do that on the job to. Well played Mr Ballard, well played.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perception in the league is that Ted Phillips is a meddler in football matters and the press conference did not help, with Phillips jumping right out in front of George on a question of Accorsi's authorit.

Is this actually true? Seems to me like Emery did whatever he wanted.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
It's hard to judge players like Mark Bradley and Dusty Dvoracek when their careers were plagued by injuries, they have no control over that. If I remember correctly, Mark Bradley had a few good games and made a few nice plays during his time with the Bears.

Bradley got in Lovie's doghouse, the dude was incredibly talented...he won us the Jets game in 2006 singlehandedly and had a great game against the Giants the week before that, he was possibly the equal of Hester in explosive playmaking ability

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I wrote Geo McCaskey an email pleading w/ him to not let Phillips screw this up, there are no team accountants in the HOF...only players coaches and a few GM's