GM second interview this week

Ideal

Liked Posts:
Liked Posts:
Lines up exactly with what I had heard and some of the other "premature" reports. Also lines up with what Mike said.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Dawson Tuesday to comply with Rooney rule and then Ballard gets announced Wednesday.

I have to admit Im starting to buy in to the idea that perhaps he really is just the right man for the job... Numerous teams were interested, from all accounts he seems well respected as a scout, it seems he wants total control over football operations and as if the bears are willing to grant it, etc.

Perhaps he wants to come here because he was part of the organization and has a soft spot for it and wants to be the guy to turn it around after seeing it ran into the fucking ground first hand.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Dawson Tuesday to comply with Rooney rule and then Ballard gets announced Wednesday.

I have to admit Im starting to buy in to the idea that perhaps he really is just the right man for the job... Numerous teams were interested, from all accounts he seems well respected as a scout, it seems he wants total control over football operations and as if the bears are willing to grant it, etc.

Perhaps he wants to come here because he was part of the organization and has a soft spot for it and wants to be the guy to turn it around after seeing it ran into the fucking ground first hand.

His history with the Bears along with the history and tradition of the organization probably has something to do with him wanting the Bear's job, but lets be honest, the Bears are the only team right now willing to give him the control he wants.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
All the better, its win win... the Bears prove they are serious about things and move Ted away from football operations and the Bears get their guy.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
All the better, its win win... the Bears prove they are serious about things and move Ted away from football operations and the Bears get their guy.

Yeah but Ted doesn't play a role...he only hires GMs and coaches.....what could possibly go wrong.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Did you miss the part where Ballard is demanding full control of football operations, and if he gets the Bears job that would mean he was granted it?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well then I don't see Ballard getting the job anymore if that's the case.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Well then I don't see Ballard getting the job anymore if that's the case.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1ke