Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I think all the teams, sans the Twins, are right in that 83 to 88 win range.

The division will be won on head-to-head record which will be influenced by injury, or fluky good/bad seasons out of players.

Admittedly I do not have the evidence/stats to look it up, and I will do the research, but it seems like Detroit gets key random good years out of average players at the right time.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I think all the teams, sans the Twins, are right in that 83 to 88 win range.

The division will be won on head-to-head record which will be influenced by injury, or fluky good/bad seasons out of players.

Admittedly I do not have the evidence/stats to look it up, and I will do the research, but it seems like Detroit gets key random good years out of average players at the right time.

Good post man, I agree w/everything you said. It's called 'balance," and Detroit seems to always have more of it than we do. I believe that has changed now. We have average to above average players (and a few elites) throughout the roster now. Certainly there's a lot of room for improvement, but the Sox are a much better club now thanks to Hahn and Co. "righting the ship."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it will be more clear once the offseason is over. scherzer if leaves det is huge but kc could still add.

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
With Price's new $19+ MM contract, Scherzer is out of there. Not sure why the Cubs haven't made an offer yet. They can afford another ace with all the young kids on that roster.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Nationals are in on Scherzer. They're negotiating a 7-yr deal, which would force a trade of Zimmerman or Strasburgh if Scherzer signs.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like the Nationals are in on Scherzer. They're negotiating a 7-yr deal, which would force a trade of Zimmerman or Strasburgh if Scherzer signs.

cubs trading for one of them would cost a lot. you know the players that are worshipped on the northside that have not proven shit.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
cubs trading for one of them would cost a lot. you know the players that are worshipped on the northside that have not proven shit.

LOL

Depends on the contract situation. I think I read somewhere that Zimmerman has a year left, so one high level prospect and a few secondary pieces might do the trick.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Good read, and I agree completely. 21 blown saves is disgusting and its not even counting all the other leads lost in the 7/8th innings. The bullpen was depressing and made it really hard to watch the games. Hahn has done a marvelous job of attacking that weakness and rebuilding this team. I'm pumped for opening day.

Insert missing :soxbang: image!!!

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I still say Max Scherzer was a semi-famous WWI German fighter pilot ace that was "accidentally" shot down by fat Hermann Goring for being more popular mit der frauleins.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Tigers have gotten weaker and that is good. And they are really going to regret trading Garcia last year. Still gotta take the field though.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
This division is up for grabs.

Anyone can win it. That's how weak it is.

Hown can you say the division is weak with the defending AL champions, a perennial playoff team in Detroit, a solid team with a formidable starting rotation in Cleveland, and the Sox, who are a dark horse WC or division champ team? Even Minnesota can't be taken lightly, who some regard as the best farm system in baseball. If anything, the AL Central is the most competitive division in baseball.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This, is on Reinsdorf big time. This division has been weakened for basically all the teams around the Sox. IF he wants to win a championship or at least get into the play-offs he's got to open the damn wallet. There are pitchers out there that he could have Hahn get. There are trades out there that could gain the Sox position help but would involve taking on more salary. To me, there is no fucking excuse for not going all out to win this year. None.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hown can you say the division is weak with the defending AL champions, a perennial playoff team in Detroit, a solid team with a formidable starting rotation in Cleveland, and the Sox, who are a dark horse WC or division champ team? Even Minnesota can't be taken lightly, who some regard as the best farm system in baseball. If anything, the AL Central is the most competitive division in baseball.

:oprah:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
This, is on Reinsdorf big time. This division has been weakened for basically all the teams around the Sox. IF he wants to win a championship or at least get into the play-offs he's got to open the damn wallet. There are pitchers out there that he could have Hahn get. There are trades out there that could gain the Sox position help but would involve taking on more salary. To me, there is no fucking excuse for not going all out to win this year. None.

Seriously dude?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
The Central is only the most competitive because all the teams are at the same level, other than the Twins.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Ok., lets discuss this a little further. Which division(s) is/are better than the AL Central? Keep in mind the Central has four playoff caliber teams.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Central is only the most competitive because all the teams are at the same level, other than the Twins.

agreed. the only difference is the holes are different for each team with almost comparable to significance per fangraphs.

darling likes our rotation enough to rank it number 2 in baseball

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok., lets discuss this a little further. Which division(s) is/are better than the AL Central? Keep in mind the Central has four playoff caliber teams.

nl west

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

AL West? Anaheim, and Seattle are in the hunt. If Texas is healthy they'll be back in it, never count out the A's.

You're right that the central has 4 teams who could be in the playoffs. But that isn't because all the teams are super good, its because all the teams are in that same range of wins. This isn't the AL East of years past where the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays are all 3 of the 4 best teams in the AL duking it out.