AL Central Favorites...Chicago White Sox

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously dude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Reinsdorf needs to open his wallet up. What is wrong with that? Do you think that this team is "set"?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Hawk is severely underestimating Cleveland and Detroit. Both clubs have solid rotations and formidable lineups. The Sox have added the most talent, and they have enough potential to improve by 10 to 15 games at least. KC will be very good as well, with the best bullpen in baseball.

Detroit is getting old and brittle. And they lost one of the top three pitchers in baseball. Their pen is also pretty weak. Cleveland got a bit better. I agree with that, but their line-up isn't as good as the Sox or Detroit. I also think KC is a bit weaker than last year. But, hey, that is just my opinion. that is why the games get played.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right now, the way things stand, I would consider it a good season if the present team reaches .500 which is a pretty big improvement is it not?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Yeah. Reinsdorf needs to open his wallet up. What is wrong with that? Do you think that this team is "set"?

I don't know, seems like they opened the wallet plenty this offseason. The Sox aren't done with the roster, but it might be a good idea to wait until the AS break before significantly increasing payroll. They also need to see how Shark handles himself this first year. If he has a big year, they're looking at $100MM+ to retain him past 2015.

Flipping Alexei and Tank for one of the Nats starters would be sick as f!ck, but I know that's not happening.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been seeing more and more writers/media getting on board but we have to see where some guys sign. Or what trades are made.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
They're meatballs for picking a team with Chris Sale, Jose Abreu, Jeff Samardja, Melky Cabrera, Adam LaRouche, Jose Quintana, David Robertson and Alexei Ramirez to win the AL Central? I see a meatball here, but it's not the media (who hate the White Sox historically).

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're meatballs for picking a team with Chris Sale, Jose Abreu, Jeff Samardja, Melky Cabrera, Adam LaRouche, Jose Quintana, David Robertson and Alexei Ramirez to win the AL Central? I see a meatball here, but it's not the media (who hate the White Sox historically).

Definitely a reason for optimism, but lets get grounded. It's Cabrera, LaRoche and Samardjija, not Ruth, Gehrig and Ford.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

The media were also touting the Bears as Super Bowl contenders this season. How did that work out? There are a lot of meatballs in the media. Check out Brett's latest thread OP with the link. Pay attention to what Cooper said. That should give Sox fans and others alike a solid reason to think the Sox can take the division without the meatball factor in the equation.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Definitely a reason for optimism, but lets get grounded. It's Cabrera, LaRoche and Samardjija, not Ruth, Gehrig and Ford.

How does being a contender for the AL Central equate to the '27 Yankees?

No one is saying that, so take my words for face value and don't read into them.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The media were also touting the Bears as Super Bowl contenders this season. How did that work out? There are a lot of meatballs in the media. Check out Brett's latest thread OP with the link. Pay attention to what Cooper said. That should give Sox fans and others alike a solid reason to think the Sox can take the division without the meatball factor in the equation.

Getting picked to win a fucking division is just that. There is nothing meatball or unreasonable about that given the roster. A Cy Young finalist and a ROY power hitter on the same team is probably good enough to contend. Consider the upgrades to the team this offseason, and it is reasonable to talk about this team being very good. No one is saying they'll win the WS or run away with the division. You want to put words in people's mouths and overreact like a maniac, go right ahead.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How does being a contender for the AL Central equate to the '27 Yankees?

No one is saying that, so take my words for face value and don't read into them.

I didn't mean to insinuate that you or anybody else were implying that. Just hoping everyone keeps their optimism grounded and enjoy how it all plays out.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

i hate meatball fans.

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I didn't mean to insinuate that you or anybody else were implying that. Just hoping everyone keeps their optimism grounded and enjoy how it all plays out.

There is no Jay Cutler equivalent on the Sox, so I'm not too worried.