Sporting News picks the Cubs to win the World Series

CSF77

Liked Posts:
25:1 is fair odds. If Baez adjusts and starts to hit HR's like he did in the minors he alone changes the dynamics of the line up. That is before we even get into Bryant.

I feel if the team is generating runs at pace with the top 10 teams then they will trade up to shore up their weak areas. I see them needing another TOR. Their rotation is a reg season rotation. I don't see either Hendricks or Wada or Turner for that matter being better than Hammel. Hammel should only be used as a 4th SP in a 7 game and not used in a 5 game.

If Arrrieta improves off of last year and becomes a legit TOR than I would try to trade for Price. Even if it cost Torres and Edwards to start. Going game 1 with Price then following with Lester and Arreta would be worth it.

But as is. This team lacks sure things and it is far from a finished product. Too many "if's" going on to call anything more than .500.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The thing about young teams sometimes is that they don't know that they are not supposed to win. I think people really underestimate the excitement of a Wrigley field with a good Cubs team. The Cubs are putting the right pieces together, imo, to explode onto the scene in 2015.

The Cubs were close to 500 the 2nd half last year when they started to bring guys up. They were actually over 500 at home. They won't be selling anymore at the trade deadline, and they will actually be bringing all their weapons to the table for once.

I hope the vegas odds go down eventually, cuz I'll be laying down some money on them to win it all.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
you guys do realize that this is all connected to vegas right? the chances of this happening is like zero percent. vegas lowers the odds getting the population of cubs fans to bet seeing that it is worth it. when people see the odds they write dumb articles and write dumb posts of belief. vegas will cash in

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

This is not totally true. Vegas wants to set as fair of lines as possible. They don't want heavy action ever on a line. They want equal action across the board. Being on the hook for the load up at 40:1 after Maddon and Lester with Baez year 2 and Bryant debut looming would be a huge liability. Their goal is to have equal risk:reward across the board so they are right for their 29 wins overcome their 1 loss.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
People have no idea how Vegas sets lines. I have heard so many ridiculous claims. Google is your friend and there are legitimate sport betters that will break down how everything works. Vegas makes money because of a process not a bias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk