Nashville Introducing even stricter ticket policies (Keep the Red Out II)

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you have a chance to sell-out a game, you would think you would want to regardless of the opponent. Not leaving empty seats, cause you don't want to lose your home edge.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I agree that this is a dumb policy. For a team that has had one of the lower end payrolls in the league the past few years, you'd think they would want to sell as many tickets as possible to whomever will buy them.

If you can't get your own hometown fans to buy tickets to one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now it says one of 2 things. 1) Your marketing team sucks and can't get butts in the building and 2) Hockey just isn't a big deal in Nashville.

I'm actually in Nashville for a hockey tournament this weekend and will be at the Caps vs Preds came. Will be interested to see the experience.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Just checked online and the Preds are averaging at about 98.6% capacity. How about they get to 100% first before they start picking who does and doesn't attend their games.

Can't ever remember the Blackhawks from 07-now bitching about who comes to the games, especially since more than 50% think the Hawks are gonna beat the Wizards for the SuperBowl.

Variable

Liked Posts:
There is no comparison of the market for hockey here to that in Nashville. All you need to do here is win. Be competitive. Even when half their games were blacked out, as long as the team was still good the Hawks were still selling out. For years and years.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
This is pretty sad. The Vikings did the same thing this past season.

I knew the Predators did this last season, thought things would change with them actually skating out a good team

I can understand selling all Blackhawks tickets as a part of some package containing a couple other games, but how can you shut down sales in a market? That's not right, and plus it is good for the city as a whole to get as many people there from out of state as possible

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is pretty sad. The Vikings did the same thing this past season.

I knew the Predators did this last season, thought things would change with them actually skating out a good team

I can understand selling all Blackhawks tickets as a part of some package containing a couple other games, but how can you shut down sales in a market? That's not right, and plus it is good for the city as a whole to get as many people there from out of state as possible

Yep, money for hotels, restaurants, cabbies, liquor stores...

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Yep, money for hotels, restaurants, cabbies, liquor stores...

Unless you're Kane, then the cabbies just get a knot in the head...

No tip for you!!!

c265cf9b50da2bf80d8faeaa45d671f4.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Can't we bring up federal charges of discrimination against them for limiting their product to certain populations? (not that I really care that much just think it would be funny)

Do they own their arena? Is the city leasing it to them? Or the parking lots or anything? I gotta imagine they are somehow supported by the public and it would be hilarious to see them get sued for anti-discrimination or something.

Didn't something like this happen with CC numbers last year in the NFL for the San Fran Seattle playoff game that got some folks in trouble? At the end of the day they should just be happy that someone is going to the game. What about a nashville fan who now lives in chicago. he's not allowed to buy tickets and go to the game?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't we bring up federal charges of discrimination against them for limiting their product to certain populations? (not that I really care that much just think it would be funny)

Do they own their arena? Is the city leasing it to them? Or the parking lots or anything? I gotta imagine they are somehow supported by the public and it would be hilarious to see them get sued for anti-discrimination or something.

Didn't something like this happen with CC numbers last year in the NFL for the San Fran Seattle playoff game that got some folks in trouble? At the end of the day they should just be happy that someone is going to the game. What about a nashville fan who now lives in chicago. he's not allowed to buy tickets and go to the game?

You're right. Last year for the NFCCG the Seahawks wouldn't sell tickets to anyone who's credit card address wasn't in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho and maybe one or two other states up there. Basically so that 49ers fans wouldn't show up.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
I'm actually in Nashville for a hockey tournament this weekend and will be at the Caps vs Preds came. Will be interested to see the experience.

Expect it to be boring.

The reason? The opponent.

Nashville tends to only support their team against quality opponents suited to the region. This mainly means Detroit. Wait WHAT?

Yeah you heard me. Detroit is Detroit. There is a car factory, a GM one if I recall, known for having a big Red Wing fan base. I went to a game there when the Preds were downright awful and on the verge of losing their team. The experience was like no other. Fans wearing visiting sweaters got their asses handed to them in the Upper Deck. It truly felt like I was in a Canadian city.

Then I went back to Bridgestone (Sommet Center at the time) against the Wild.... I had never been put to sleep during a hockey game, but I did between two defensive teams. Remember, this was when Minnesota had the trap going on. The crowd was just as silent.

As I see it, just 1 team rivalry does not a good franchise history make. Nashville has the potential to be a great hockey city, but winning in the playoffs is key there.... not just winning.