Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Seems too high. Sale & Q are legit. Still don't know how Samardzija will do a full year at the Cell. Danks and Noesi aren't that great. You can make the argument that they're "good enough" for #4 and #5, but I don't buy that. If ONE of them was the #5 fine, but having both sets us back.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems too high. Sale & Q are legit. Still don't know how Samardzija will do a full year at the Cell. Danks and Noesi aren't that great. You can make the argument that they're "good enough" for #4 and #5, but I don't buy that. If ONE of them was the #5 fine, but having both sets us back.

you should just go to the other side and just be a cubs fan.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
you should just go to the other side and just be a cubs fan.

ibgYghMWSTq00T.gif

Why?

You know damn well I've stated that I don't trust Shark in the AL, I hope he proves me wrong, but read the pre-trade threads. And, I stand by my assessment of Danks, and Noesi.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's Noesi & Danks that are the big concerns in this rotation.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shark proved himself to me in the AL

I agree with you on that but Danks and Noesi need to be replaced or certainly at least one of them. They are thin in starting pitching and middle relief. Lot of time left to improve on it thankfully.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I agree with you on that but Danks and Noesi need to be replaced or certainly at least one of them. They are thin in starting pitching and middle relief. Lot of time left to improve on it thankfully.

You see us as thin because of the massive drop from 3 to the 4/5. We are blessed to have 3 guys that are in the top 20 of all of baseball. I'll take that rotation. You don't get the #8 ranking by not being good IMO.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shark proved himself to me in the AL

I agree with you on that but Danks and Noesi need to be replaced or certainly at least one of them. They are thin in starting pitching and middle relief. Lot of time left to improve on it thankfully. Also, I think that the biggest surprise out of spring training will be the emergence of Ynoa as a viable major league starting pitcher. I think Cooper will solidify his mechanics and control.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Noesi had a 4.30 era for us from May 1 on, a bad start each month of Aug/Sept. He's an above average #4/5 guy. We are fine. And anything we get out of Rodon is gravy

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You see us as thin because of the massive drop from 3 to the 4/5. We are blessed to have 3 guys that are in the top 20 of all of baseball. I'll take that rotation. You don't get the #8 ranking by not being good IMO.

Thats a rating by one guy, Brett. And it goes beyond the starting staff. We had the worst bull-pen imaginable last season. Yeah it is much better but they still need more pitching. Over-all, I'd put the over-all staff at a little better than average and that is it. They have greatly improved the front end and back end of the staff but there is a lot more than that to a pitching staff.

Noesi wins a 3rd of his decisions lifetime. Danks about 40%. Last year they were pretty stuck with having to keep them out there because no one was in the pen who was better than they were. Something needs to give. Either they get someone better that can keep them into games and have a decent probability of going farther in games or to bring some guys in that can rescue the starter when they are getting creamed.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noesi had a 4.30 era for us from May 1 on, a bad start each month of Aug/Sept. He's an above average #4/5 guy. We are fine. And anything we get out of Rodon is gravy

Noesi wins a 3rd of his games lifetime and has over a 5 ERA. How in the heck is he an above average 4-5 guy? Then couple that with no middle relief guys that can bail both he and Danks out? That is a big time problem to me.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Noesi wins a 3rd of his games lifetime and has over a 5 ERA. How in the heck is he an above average 4-5 guy? Then couple that with no middle relief guys that can bail both he and Danks out? That is a big time problem to me.

So you complete discount the substantial sample size of pitching for the White Sox? Seems foolish to me, but it is your right.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you mean in the starting rotation, then that's close to delusional.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Shark will do well. I'd be more concerned with how the Sox are going to score runs.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Shark will do well. I'd be more concerned with how the Sox are going to score runs.

I agree with this assessment. Though we lose DUnn and Konerko and repalce them with Melky, Laroche and add a healthy Garcia we should be significantly better in scoring runs. I expect at least a 15% bump and will be disappointed if it isn't.