UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uabhusker

Liked Posts:
It could be pace meeting with members of Foxes staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Perhaps pace is in Denver to talk to Elway, and others, personally about Fox regarding the reports that Fox quit on the team and had one foot out the door before they even played their playoff game, amongst other things?

Or... maybe hes there to talk to Gase? Either as HC candidate, or because Austin is reported to bring Gase in as OC if he gets a HC gig. Ever consider his conducting a second interview with Gase since he wasnt around for the first one?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can see it being more likely with Fox as coach. Paea fits the 4-3 defense that he runs.

windy, I love you, but just pump the brakes. We may be outfoxed and looking for another HC candidate in 2-3 days

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I think he could be interviewing Gase for HC since he wasnt around for the first interview, or interviewing him in regards to Austin bringing him is as his OC as has been reported would be the case if Austin gets a HC gig.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel - Sean Payton told me 3 years ago Pace was a rising star. A 20+ year vet scout told me he was the best guy he ever worked for . I'm good w/it
9:04pm - 15 Jan 15

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel - Sean Payton told me 3 years ago Pace was a rising star. A 20+ year vet scout told me he was the best guy he ever worked for . I'm good w/it
9:04pm - 15 Jan 15

We should hire him for gm so he can pilot this dumpsterfire out of the garbage dump

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Perhaps pace is in Denver to talk to Elway, and others, personally about Fox regarding the reports that Fox quit on the team and had one foot out the door before they even played their playoff game, amongst other things?

Or... maybe hes there to talk to Gase? Either as HC candidate, or because Austin is reported to bring Gase in as OC if he gets a HC gig. Ever consider his conducting a second interview with Gase since he wasnt around for the first one?
If either of those are true my respect for Pace would grow immensely, because that is exactly what I expect a competent GM to do. He should be scouting the HC the same as he would a draft pick, not just relying on Acorsi and Sean Payton to give him the green light.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Or maybe he's there just to get high man.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If he had to fly to Denver to talk to Elway, someone should teach him how to use a telephone. I

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Im holding out hope until the very end. lol

Its my last few moments of actually getting to feel invested in the team.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Monsieur I know you dont want Fox, but cmon he's getting hired.

While all signs point to him being hired, the same could have been said for Ballard and we saw how that one turned last minute. The fact is this whole process has been kept in-house with no leaks leaving reporters to make the obvious connections/conclusions which don't always end up being the actual decisions made.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I'd prefer Austin as well but the signs are there. I've accepted it lol

I dont want to.

I dont want the bears to cease to exist, which is pretty much what a fox hire will equal as far as Im concerned. Theyre the only sports team I give a shit about. Id Id like to keep giving a shit.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
I dont want to.

I dont want the bears to cease to exist, which is pretty much what a fox hire will equal as far as Im concerned. Theyre the only sports team I give a shit about. Id Id like to keep giving a shit.

shut the fuck up you fucking Special person, lol

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Fox could also want to stick it to Elway by taking Gase with him to Chicago. Gase is Peyton Mannings guy.....if Elway wants to get another year out of Manning he has to keep Gase "in house" in some capacity.....

Status
Not open for further replies.