UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind this hire at all. He's 126–96–0, including 2 trips to the SB, and 3 championship games.

He's not a "sexy" hire by any means but he's a solid one. He also has a knack for producing good coordinators, as well.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
He's a safe choice, and maybe safe is ok, but buyer beware, the things that Lovie pissed us off about,, lack of sustained success on the offensive side, the coordinator shuffle, Fox did the same stuff in Carolina. He's old, I doubt he's changed his ways in that regard. He will install discipline, a solid defense, but nothing to suggest any innovation on the other side of the ball.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He couldn't win with Peyton......

So....... Yeah.........

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Probably because he's Lovie Smith 2.0. We will get a good defense back, but a carousel of mediocre offense attacks, QB's and offensive coordinators.

I guess I just don't understand why people automatically assume this. He had shit to work with before manning and still won with Defense, and had a high powered offense with manning and put up huge numbers. Where does the mediocre offense come from? Other than manning what high powered offensive stars did he really have to work with?

BirdDog1980

Liked Posts:
i wouldn't hate the decision to hire Fox. 2 Superbowl appearances.. one with Jake Delhomme.

Gotta think this will greatly impact Manning's decision now. He may not be back.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I guess I just don't understand why people automatically assume this. He had shit to work with before manning and still won with Defense, and had a high powered offense with manning and put up huge numbers. Where does the mediocre offense come from? Other than manning what high powered offensive stars did he really have to work with?

What did he win in Denver with Tebow? A playoff game and that's it. Been there, done that.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Fox is kind of a win now guy, though, IMO. The Bears aren't going to be competitive for a couple years. Not sure he'd be interested in rebuilding at age 60.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
i like him

been to two superbowls
always a balanced team
offense cares about running game
pretty good at picking coordinators check out his coaching tree

con would be his health

idk why everyone against this. only two i would pick over him is the two seattle coordinators

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What did he win in Denver with Tebow? A playoff game and that's it. Been there, done that.

If he won a playoff game with a QB who had no right being in the NFL as proven by his illustrious NFL career... imagine what he could do with Cutler. hah.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
i like him

been to two superbowls
always a balanced team
offense cares about running game
pretty good at picking coordinators check out his coaching tree

con would be his health

idk why everyone against this. only two i would pick over him is the two seattle coordinators

Love seeing some actual smart posters on this board. Whoever wouldn't take Fox and wants one of these other boneheaded coordinators outside of Quinn and Bevell needs to get some knowledge about the NFL.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
If they "parted ways", Fox probably has an idea of where he wants to go and teams have contacted him. Wouldn't be surprised if he sat out though

Bears93

Liked Posts:
If he won a playoff game with a QB who had no right being in the NFL as proven by his illustrious NFL career... imagine what he could do with Cutler. hah.

I could be wrong but I think that was McDaniels..

Status
Not open for further replies.