Bears have asked permission, now that Fox has been hired, to talk to Mike Mularkey.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just an FYI, former head coach, former O coordinator, former TE coach, current TE coach with the Titan's. I don't know the permission thing because he is listed as the TE coach, but the Bears are looking at him for O coordinator? Or so it is being reported.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Now THAT's interesting. Seems like he's done well when given a shot, and in other places, been truly dealt a bad hand.

Anyone know what kind of offensive scheme he runs?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear you Jack, it sure, on the table, sounds like a Mel Tucker hire... but Mike has been around, he's been a HC twice , he's been an O coordinator before with the Steelers and Atlanta and Miami... His stint in Atlanta was the second highest scoring team in the NFL... >shrugs<

Edit: And it is just an interview, not a done deal...

Reactions: 1ke

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I hear you Jack, it sure, on the table, sounds like a Mel Tucker hire... but Mike has been around, he's been a HC twice , he's been an O coordinator before with the Steelers and Atlanta and Miami... His stint in Atlanta was the second highest scoring team in the NFL... >shrugs<

Edit: And it is just an interview, not a done deal...

mel tucker? he's the titans tight end coach. he's had a lot more success as an offensive coordinator then tucker could ever have dreamed of as a d.c.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
mel tucker? he's the titans tight end coach. he's had a lot more success as an offensive coordinator then tucker could ever have dreamed of as a d.c.

Yea, I pointed out he has a lot of experience, something Mel can't say... I said on face value, only because the Titan's sure haven't been known for their Offense over the last few years, but he hasn't been in charge.

Edit: You have to dig deeper with him for sure... There was no digging deeper with Mel.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He was the TEs coach for them last year.

Mularky was the OC for the Falcons from 2008 to 2011...they had some very good offensive years then.

They also had a QB so there's that.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone said Mel Tucker and the plant in my office died

ob1force

Liked Posts:
He also finished 7th in offense as the Bills HC in '04 with Bledsoe at the helm. And as a TE coach w/ the Titans this past season, Delanie Walker had a pretty solid year despite poor QB play. Mularkey as OC wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Still prefer Shanny though.