How do you guys count calories?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously. Seems stupid, but... for reals.

What, do you read the the food label on packaged food and figure out how many servings you can have and then measure it out? What about if you don't know what you are having for dinner? Does this make you plan a whole day's food out? Do you allocate a certain number of calories per meal to make planning easier? Like 500 kcal per meal or something?

What about when you aren't eating packaged food? I eat a smoothie for breakfast and salad with chicken for lunch ever single freakin day. How the fuck do I figure out how many calories those meals are?

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like to use calorie Clint on my phone it has everything g you could imagine. It breaks down servings, fat, transfat, protein, calories, different vitamins and everything else you could think of.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But then you have to weigh your food out?

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I mean depends what kind of meal you are doing. What I do most things are bromen down like x amount of carrots equals blank. For meat I just look at how much I have them just divide it. I weigh things out always but have noticed I've been feeling healthier and losing weight.

What you can also do is save meals in there to, it'll show you calories and all. You can also look up other people's and make the same things knowing how much of each nutrient is in it. Pretty nice they have a couple different ones as apps on phones

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could also adopt an exchange based system like weight watchers, but you still have to measure serving sizes and read nutrition labels.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But I don't freaking eat foot with nutrition labels. At least I mostly don't. Thats the point. And what the hell is an exchange system?

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't usually count calories, just eat enough to feel full at each meal without stuffing myself.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends on how precise you want to be. You can approximate it based on typical serving sizes of particular foods. So take your smoothie for example. Depending on what you put into it, you can approximate the calories based off of the typical serving sizes for each ingredient.

Example: let's say your smoothie consists of something like 5 strawberries, one cup of blueberries, and a couple tablespoons of plain yogurt (no idea if that would be a good smoothie)

based off of google searches for calories
5 strawberries = 20 calories (approx 4 calories per strawberry)
1 cup of blueberries = 85 calories
2 tblspn yogurt = 60 calories (based off of danon oikos yogurt)

= total ~165 calories for that smoothie

It's not going to be precisely accurate, but it'll give you the general idea.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Botfly, employ science to the extent to which you don't need to count calories bro. You are obsessing to much. Feel your body. Know your body. Know your hunger, appreciate that hunger and savor the flavor. Just be sexy about it. You know you want to. Don't diet, just feed on your ambitions to be a sexy body again.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Botfly, employ science to the extent to which you don't need to count calories bro. You are obsessing to much. Feel your body. Know your body. Know your hunger, appreciate that hunger and savor the flavor. Just be sexy about it. You know you want to. Don't diet, just feed on your ambitions to be a sexy body again.

Someone is high as fuck and in the stratosphere.

BRB

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Use the My Fitness pal app. It's free and you can scan the barcode of a food instead of having to look it up.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Calorie: the amount of energy required to heat 1CL of water by 1°C. I count them using the Arabic numeral system. Actually, that's how I count everything, weird...

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I date a dietitian, and her main thing is just portion control. People can go crazy counting up the calories and restrict their diets so much that its too hard to last. Its much easier just to recognize what a serving is, and to eat till your a 7/10, if 10 is thanksgiving stuffed. Obviously, vegetables are the more the merrier. I disgree, but she always choose the whole natural things instead of fat free, or light.
So basically, the less and simpler ingredients on the label the better. And instead of stuffing your self, eat smaller and more frequently.
Good luck

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers

Yeah, that's what I did when I was trying to lower my body fat %. I got a Taylor food scale at Target for like $25.00 and measured everything out for over 3 months. I read and did the math on every damn food label and used the internet for things without labels, like fruits and veggies. My wife thought I'd get sick of it within a week, but I actually got a little obsessive and lost too much.

... but it was a good lesson on serving sizes and how deceptive food labels are.

Seriously, who the hell eats just 1/2 a cup of ice cream or cereal?

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's what I did when I was trying to lower my body fat %. I got a Taylor food scale at Target for like $25.00 and measured everything out for over 3 months. I read and did the math on every damn food label and used the internet for things without labels, like fruits and veggies. My wife thought I'd get sick of it within a week, but I actually got a little obsessive and lost too much.

... but it was a good lesson on serving sizes and how deceptive food labels are.

Seriously, who the hell eats just 1/2 a cup of ice cream or cereal?

I was gonna respond to this thread, but I think I was in California when it was created.

I do the same thing and then enter it into MyFitnessPal. I tend to eat all whole foods, so I don't deal with labels much.

Also, if I buy 12oz of green beans (listed on my receipt), I won't bother weighing those out. I just figure that it's (3) 4 oz portions. If I get the individual portions a little off, it doesn't matter. At the end of the week, I've eaten 12 oz and logged 12 oz into the app.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
In Japanese. duh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk