How do you guys count calories?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was gonna respond to this thread, but I think I was in California when it was created.

I do the same thing and then enter it into MyFitnessPal. I tend to eat all whole foods, so I don't deal with labels much.

Also, if I buy 12oz of green beans (listed on my receipt), I won't bother weighing those out. I just figure that it's (3) 4 oz portions. If I get the individual portions a little off, it doesn't matter. At the end of the week, I've eaten 12 oz and logged 12 oz into the app.

think ima try that app

Reactions: WCL

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
MyFitnessPal is good. I like the bar code scanner. Works great unless you buy generic stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
whats up fucktwats. Just checked the scale at the gym. Ima pat myself on the back here...

I lost 32 pounds since early March. Have completely lost my grad school gut. Yeah bitches. Time for a victory lap.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
whats up fucktwats. Just checked the scale at the gym. Ima pat myself on the back here...

I lost 32 pounds since early March. Have completely lost my grad school gut. Yeah bitches. Time for a victory lap.
:clap:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

What are you doing? Just counting calories or did you give up certain foods?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Try to act like your next meal is not your last meal

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I run or elliptical 7 miles (1 hour) 5-6 days per week.

I estimated my calorie intake, which turned out to be pretty easy since I eat the same shit for breakfast and lunch just about every day. I tried to stay around 1500 calories a day. Gave myself cheat dinners (including booze) once or twice a week.

But really the food part wasn't so hard for me because my diet was so extreme while in grad school. I was eating like shit, almost entirely out of the frozen food sections at the grocery. I was so busy, I basically had zero energy to think about food. Once I finished school, it turned out pretty easy to change that.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice job, Bot! I'm down about 17 lbs since watching fat sick and nearly dead last month. We've incorporated juicing into our diet!

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Confirmed MFP is the best app out for it I know of.

I don't think counting calories all yr is a really smart of feasible strategy for MOST people though.

It's good for like 4-6 weeks before a vacation where you're going to have to go topless, or a wedding or....something like that.

You want to lose weight, just eat a lot of high quality protein, fibrous veggies and taper the carbs later on in the day (broscience that works for some reason)....and avoid simple carbs except around workouts and possibly first thing in the mornings.

It's very hard to overeat consistently on chicken breast and broccoli sauteed in EVOO/Garlic/scallions, etc.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, why do people think carbs are bad? Thats stupid. Overeating is bad. Carbs are fine.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

Worry less about calories per se and more about eating nutritionally dense food rich in fiber, quality proteins and veggies.......

In the LONG RUN, this is a much more successful strategy for MOST PEOPLE than trying to count ever 100 Kcals snackpack of refined carbs they wash down with Diet Coke before returning to food blogs and salivating over pork belly sammiches.

I can't make it any simpler for you Bot.

Also, why do people think carbs are bad? Thats stupid. Overeating is bad. Carbs are fine.

Who ITT said carbs are bad?

I didn't read every single post and won't, so maybe I missed that...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worry less about calories per se and more about eating nutritionally dense food rich in fiber, quality proteins and veggies.......

In the LONG RUN, this is a much more successful strategy for MOST PEOPLE than trying to count ever 100 Kcals snackpack of refined carbs they wash down with Diet Coke before returning to food blogs and salivating over pork belly sammiches.

I can't make it any simpler for you Bot.

Who ITT said carbs are bad?

I didn't read every single post and won't, so maybe I missed that...

wut?

maybe read thread

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
wut?

maybe read thread

You know what, if you don't find my posts informative and are going to just continually and mindlessly type "wut" after each one of them, then I invite you to simply ignore me to save yourself time bc I don't believe I get much out of any responses you you have made either.

Cool?

The bottom line is you're just not that good of a poster, and I just don't care enough to be sucked into your little games.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
are you losing it?

what is my poster rating? How about relative to jay cutler? Would you rate my posting skills above jay cutler or below? Or maybe around the same?