Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls fans always put way too much emphasis on regular season wins and losses. Cleveland has the advantage over every other team by having the best player in the league, and one of the top 3 PGs.

This won't be the first time a LeBron led team was average in the regular season. They have a good roster, and as we've seen, they can score points. The Bulls on the other hand, have never gotten to the Finals despite the core of this team playing together forever. At the end of the day, you need superstar players that show up for the postseason and play their best basketball. The Bulls have one guy who might fit that description. ONE. Pau Gasol. He alone is not enough.

One more point. The Bulls record is not impressive. The east is weak with bad rosters and teams fighting for lottery picks. There's a little perspective for you. They're not playing good basketball right now, and have major matchup problems that GarPax should be working on fixing if they expect this team to win a world championship.

Right now, they're a 2nd round playoff team, maybe (if Rose and Noah are healthy and ready to play major minutes for the playoffs, which is always a problem with the Bulls.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K so Cleveland can flounder around in the regular season and still win because Lebron while the Bulls (who have a better record and are also not playing good) are doomed because no Lebron. Seems legit.

Also lol at Kyrie being a top 3 PG

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls fans always put way too much emphasis on regular season wins and losses.

Aren't you talking about the losses to Utah and Orlando at home? It's seems like you're basing your pessimism off of this regular season.

Cleveland has the advantage over every other team by having the best player in the league, and one of the top 3 PGs.

LeBron is the best player but in what universe is Kyrie Irving a top 3 point guard? CP3, Curry, Westbrook are all easily better. Lillard, Wall, Parker, Lowry, Conley, Teague, Bledsoe, Lawson, Rose (yes, Rose) and Kemba Walker are a list of point guards with something to say about Kyrie Irving being "better" than they are.

This won't be the first time a LeBron led team was average in the regular season. They have a good roster, and as we've seen, they can score points. The Bulls on the other hand, have never gotten to the Finals despite the core of this team playing together forever. At the end of the day, you need superstar players that show up for the postseason and play their best basketball. The Bulls have one guy who might fit that description. ONE. Pau Gasol. He alone is not enough.

Derrick Rose isn't a guy who "might" fit that description? Really? You won't even give him "might"? Last time Rose was in the playoffs, he tore up the Pacers and Hawks. LeBron just about shut the Bulls' offense down when he was guarding Rose (an offense that was basically just Rose and mediocre spot-up shooters). The idea that you won't even admit that Rose and the Bulls "might" have a chance against the LeBronies and the other teams in the East shows that you are a pessimist.

One more point. The Bulls record is not impressive. The east is weak with bad rosters and teams fighting for lottery picks. There's a little perspective for you. They're not playing good basketball right now, and have major matchup problems that GarPax should be working on fixing if they expect this team to win a world championship.

So, if the Bulls' record is a result of them being in the 'weak' East (a conference with the LeBronies you are hyping up, Wizards, Raptors, and Hawks), then explain why they have a 9-6 record against the West? Right now, they aren't playing good basketball. But anyone can see (including non-Chicago fan, national media) that the Bulls are an obvious threat if they start playing at an elite level again defensive (we know they can), and Rose and/or Noah start picking it up. The only team the Bulls don't match-up well with in the East is the Wizards. There is not a realistic trade out there that the Bulls can make right now that you would "expect" that they are going to beat the Spurs or Warriors in the Finals. Their best chance in my view is to start improving as a group and get healthy. If that happens, there is a relatively decent chance that they win the title in 2015.

Right now, they're a 2nd round playoff team, maybe (if Rose and Noah are healthy and ready to play major minutes for the playoffs, which is always a problem with the Bulls.)

It's not about "right now." It's about April. And in April, they have a decent chance of being a 4th round team. If you really think the height of this team is the 2nd or 3rd round WITH a healthy Rose and Noah... you are truly a pessimist in the truest sense of the word.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Rami, it's pointless to root for this team. We don't have LeBron so there's no chance of winning everything. Thibs needs to think about just shutting Rose & Noah down for the year. It's a lost season. :smug2:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rami, it's pointless to root for this team. We don't have LeBron so there's no chance of winning everything. Thibs needs to think about just shutting Rose & Noah down for the year. It's a lost season. :smug2:
Yes but Noah has no value so we have to get rid of him. He's dead weight on this team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What this team has become is a team unable to jack up itself to play shut-down defense and I think that they've lost the edge that they had when it was "us against the world". They lost that under-dog mantra that they used to have. It could just be that getting Rose back with them has affected how they play not only on offense but especially on defense.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
What this team has become is a team unable to jack up itself to play shut-down defense and I think that they've lost the edge that they had when it was "us against the world". They lost that under-dog mantra that they used to have. It could just be that getting Rose back with them has affected how they play not only on offense but especially on defense.

Or the fact that there's been injuries all season long, no practice time to create cohesion (especially on defense), Rose & Brooks being poor defenders, & the bigs not rotating correctly on the pick n roll. I mean it COULD be those things.

I will agree that they aren't always playing 110% balls out all the time but then again wasn't that a MAJOR point of the negatrons on this site that going hard in the regular season is why the team always falters in the playoffs?? I don't know maybe I'm getting senile in my old age.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Let's talk about the Cavs when they actually start playing well as a team. Wanna talk about mediocrity? The Cavs are .500 and the Bulls are way over. They definitely have a chance if their two most important players (Rose and Noah) start playing like all-stars again (not so far-fetched for at least Rose).

:dontsay:

YFC

Liked Posts:
Rose said in the post-game interview that lack of communication and defense is killing the bulls. Imo, Rose has to step up and be the most vocal guy, especially when Noah is not playing. Hopefully, Butler will grow some more as a leader next season. But Rose is still the one whom everybody counts on. The whole team looks soft on defense right now, with the one exception of Taj. Again Rose is the one who needs to step up.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I guess some of you need another season of this bs before you start figuring things out. Ultimately, Thibs has to go, or major roster moves have to be made during the offseason. May not be a popular idea with some of you, but the same old excuses year after year are getting old. You wanna blame injuries all the time? Fine, get another coach in here that knows how to adapt their coaching style when needed and limit wear and tear on the players.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I guess some of you need another season of this bs before you start figuring things out. Ultimately, Thibs has to go, or major roster moves have to be made during the offseason. May not be a popular idea with some of you, but the same old excuses year after year are getting old. You wanna blame injuries all the time? Fine, get another coach in here that knows how to adapt their coaching style when needed and limit wear and tear on the players.

They won't ever get it. The "I will accept mediocrity" mentality has been inbred into almost all Chicago fans. They simply don't know any other way.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
mSDvHFc.gif

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Like I said in another post. It's the sell-low, buy-high crowd.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
They won't ever get it. The "I will accept mediocrity" mentality has been inbred into almost all Chicago fans. They simply don't know any other way.

Agreed. I used to think Chicago sports fans had more sense than other cities, but I'm starting to doubt that now. They care more about the players than the teams, and seem to be satisfied with winning games vs. championships.

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
GarPax never sell high also.

I do not want to get into specifics about how Korver,Deng,Gordon and Asik were basically traded for a bag of pop corn.

Unfortunately the mental state of this team has become fragile.We initially thought that their bodies were fragile but now it's also mental.Just like what the Pacers had last year.

Can the Bulls reverse the tide?

I doubt it.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I know I said this already, but Thibs really needs to adjust his coaching style. This team needs to work smarter, not harder. Yet Thibs is convinced that HIS way is the only way to win basketball games.

I think back to that home loss to GS. Remember how drenched in sweat and exhausted the Bulls looked by the 4th quarter? The Warriors, meanwhile, hadn't even broken a sweat, scoring effortlessly to put the Bulls away. Point is, the Bulls should not be working as hard as they do every single game, and getting blown away like they do. The effort is misplaced, and it's the coaches job to see that and make the necessary adjustments. Loosen the reigns a bit; borrow offensive plays from teams like San Antonio or GS that lead to easy baskets. Make the practices fun and interesting. Try to establish some of the trust that's obviously been lost.

And he really needs to stop with the constant yelling on the sidelines and relax. These guys aren't HS players, they're men.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know I said this already, but Thibs really needs to adjust his coaching style. This team needs to work smarter, not harder. Yet Thibs is convinced that HIS way is the only way to win basketball games.

I think back to that home loss to GS. Remember how drenched in sweat and exhausted the Bulls looked by the 4th quarter? The Warriors, meanwhile, hadn't even broken a sweat, scoring effortlessly to put the Bulls away. Point is, the Bulls should not be working as hard as they do every single game, and getting blown away like they do. The effort is misplaced, and it's the coaches job to see that and make the necessary adjustments. Loosen the reigns a bit; borrow offensive plays from teams like San Antonio or GS that lead to easy baskets. Make the practices fun and interesting. Try to establish some of the trust that's obviously been lost.

And he really needs to stop with the constant yelling on the sidelines and relax. These guys aren't HS players, they're men.

So in your opinion is Thibs becoming Skiles?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
So in your opinion is Thibs becoming Skiles?

My opinion is that Thibs needs to adjust, like I said. It looks (and sounds to me) like he's already lost Rose. Once you start getting tuned out by your best players, it's the beginning of the end for a coach.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My opinion is that Thibs needs to adjust, like I said. It looks (and sounds to me) like he's already lost Rose. Once you start getting tuned out by your best players, it's the beginning of the end for a coach.

Nothing in what Rose said makes me think he's tuning out his coach. Rose is frustrated with the team's play and beyond that I don't know how much I can read into anything he's said. He's been brutally honest with the media in the past, so I dont think there's any underlining to what he's saying other than he's pissed the team isn't playing well.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Nothing in what Rose said makes me think he's tuning out his coach. Rose is frustrated with the team's play and beyond that I don't know how much I can read into anything he's said. He's been brutally honest with the media in the past, so I dont think there's any underlining to what he's saying other than he's pissed the team isn't playing well.

I'm referring to comments Rose made about Thibs earlier in the year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm referring to comments Rose made about Thibs earlier in the year.

I don't recall those comments.