Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who gives a flying shit if we didn't beat them in pre-season?
:andruw:

At the same time, I forget why I felt the need to mention that anyway. Work must be turning my brain into mush

Liked Posts:
The wizards are more of a threat than the hawks. They match up well with us and I wasn't even surprised about them beating us last year. Now they have punk pierce who will provide veteran presence and make them an even tougher match up. To beat them we just need to limit their bigs and Jimmy needs to play like he was during his hot streak.

The hawks are not built for serious contention, they may get to the second round and push their opponent to 6-7 games but that's it. Who do they really have? Horford is nice but he's not a superstar imo. Teague is ok but nowhere near and elite pg, and Korver.....lol, he's cool and I like him but lets not forget that Heat series 4 years ago. They can have their little run and get smoked in the playoffs and then their "fans" will return to the Braves, Georgia Tech or the SEC

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The wizards are more of a threat than the hawks. They match up well with us and I wasn't even surprised about them beating us last year. Now they have punk pierce who will provide veteran presence and make them an even tougher match up. To beat them we just need to limit their bigs and Jimmy needs to play like he was during his hot streak.

The hawks are not built for serious contention, they may get to the second round and push their opponent to 6-7 games but that's it. Who do they really have? Horford is nice but he's not a superstar imo. Teague is ok but nowhere near and elite pg, and Korver.....lol, he's cool and I like him but lets not forget that Heat series 4 years ago. They can have their little run and get smoked in the playoffs and then their "fans" will return to the Braves, Georgia Tech or the SEC
As Hou said, these Hawks are similar to the 1993-94 Hawks.

Its actually kinda funny how those Hawks are comparable to these Hawks:
Blaylock = Teague
Kevin Willis = Horford
Danny Manning = Millsap
Crag Ehlo = Korver

The Hawks did have an aging star in Dominique Wilkins still averaging 24 ppg. He only played in 49 games and missed the playoffs, perhaps thats why they failed in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Wilkins was traded for Manning. Dominique was still very good. Then the Clippers curse caught up with him after that trade. And Manning was garbage. A guy that was given loads of opportunity based on his hype(thus why he did have moments and stats), but he was outplayed by any good player. Of course, he wasn't 100% either, after having a few injury setbacks of his own(again, Clippers curse).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wilkins was traded for Manning. Dominique was still very good. Then the Clippers curse caught up with him after that trade. And Manning was garbage. A guy that was given loads of opportunity based on his hype(thus why he did have moments and stats), but he was outplayed by any good player. Of course, he wasn't 100% either, after having a few injury setbacks of his own(again, Clippers curse).
I knew I should have looked into that further. 93-94 was the year before I started following basketball.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As Hou said, these Hawks are similar to the 1993-94 Hawks.

Its actually kinda funny how those Hawks are comparable to these Hawks:
Blaylock = Teague
Kevin Willis = Horford
Danny Manning = Millsap
Crag Ehlo = Korver

The Hawks did have an aging star in Dominique Wilkins still averaging 24 ppg. He only played in 49 games and missed the playoffs, perhaps thats why they failed in the playoffs.

I'd take Blaylock over Teague because of defense. That Mookie was lock DOWN.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
.............. *waits for ChiSoxCity*

.............. *remembers Bulls beat the Champion Spurs tonight*

....................... he's not coming

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If we lose to Dallas tonight though, he'll be back with a vengeance. Plus...he'll disregard this win as a fluke.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
God you're naive. That's right, I bitch and whine about the teams I follow. It's part of being a fan, and if you're not doing it, what is the point. In order to enjoy life, you have to care about something. Otherwise, there is no point.

You are a fan that bitches and wines about fans who give a shit enough to care. Quit wasting everyone's time with your nonsense. Don't visit Chicago sports forums on the internet if you don't want to hear complaints about teams/players.

If you don't like the thread, start a new one about how great the team is. Hell, hold a pep rally if it floats your boat. But please stop screwing up these threads if you have nothing to contribute to the discussion one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fan comes from fanatic.

From Oxford dictionary - A person with an obsessive interest in and enthusiasm for a particular activity.

Thus, you are not a fan.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

The Bulls beat a .500 road team at home. I'm glad they showed some fight and played better, but I don't get carried away with hubris after every win.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Fan comes from fanatic.

From Oxford dictionary - A person with an obsessive interest in and enthusiasm for a particular activity.

Thus, you are not a fan.

LOLOL