IGT: Stars vs. Blackhawks (01/18/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Just a stupid decision by Sharp. Did exactly what Horcoff wanted. Which team you think wins the trade off with Sharp and Horcoff off the ice for 5 minutes each?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a stupid decision by Sharp. Did exactly what Horcoff wanted. Which team you think wins the trade off with Sharp and Horcoff off the ice for 5 minutes each?

Believe it or not, I actually said the same thing in the FB chat.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Holy god what a play by Saad.

See, that's a post we can all get behind.

Homer-Facepalm-small.jpg

Annnnnnnd we're back.

Variable

Liked Posts:
So...what part of what Sharp did was smart to you? Getting upset over a clean hit? Getting upset to the point of actually fighting because of it? The obvious one sided trade off with Sharp and Horcoff getting 5 minute majors? Sharp repeatedly smashing his fist into Horcoff's helmet and visor? Which part was good, smart hockey?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, Saader and Big Hoss have great chemistry.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
He actually has a point in this instance. Zero reason for Sharp to fight there. It was a clean hit.

So...what part of what Sharp did was smart to you? Getting upset over a clean hit? Getting upset to the point of actually fighting because of it? The obvious one sided trade off with Sharp and Horcoff getting 5 minute majors? Sharp repeatedly smashing his fist into Horcoff's helmet and visor? Which part was good, smart hockey?
It's a rarity that he does that. I'm not saying it was smart, but I absolutely understand it. He knows it was a good hit, and he was probably pissed at himself for getting himself in that position. He was sending a message, it's over. (and the team seemed to have a spark after).

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a rarity that he does that. I'm not saying it was smart, but I absolutely understand it. He knows it was a good hit, and he was probably pissed at himself for getting himself in that position. He was sending a message, it's over. (and the team seemed to have a spark after).

I was entertained no doubt. But I thought it was really a bad spot.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Has anyone seen Bigfoot?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think he's in my backyard raping deer.

I would tell you to ask him to get his big ass to the UC and in front of da net..... but I would fear for your anus

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I would tell you to ask him to get his big ass to the UC and in front of da net..... but I would fear for your anus
I did, and he left. I did have some persuasive help.
HTC_Guns.jpg

I think bigfoot has a vision problem. The poor buck didn't know what hit him. I see that he's back, so I did my part.

And finally, my anus is still a virgin. :elephant:

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that game turned into a big ol' turd...

ETA: I blame DMelt. moar gifs moar wins

Last edited:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Sharp has earned the benefit of the doubt at this point in his career. If he wants to let players know that he is at a point in his career where he isn't going to be run without some retaliation...then that is fine by me. Much better than sticking the other player (which Sharp has become quite good at) and putting the Blackhawks down by 1. Guarantee that the players on the bench loved that a player like Sharp is willing to battle and still drop the gloves.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I'm sure the Stars loved the fact he was off the ice as well. That's a trade off they, and every other team, would take all the time.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
if only Rosey could get off the ice.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure the Stars loved the fact he was off the ice as well. That's a trade off they, and every other team, would take all the time.
As long as the Stars would stay out of the box for about 5 minutes after the out it's a wash. Sharp's been milquetoast ES so far this year.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
You can't win with Variable in regards to fighting. He doesn't see any benefit from it which is fine, that's his opinion and he has to deal with the fact that something he doesn't agree with is still in the game and others see benefit from it.

My take on the sharp fight? Nice to see Sharpie drop the purse and tough it out. Funny thing about the Hawks is with taking Sharp out for 5 minutes they still have 5 other guys who are just as, if not even more dangerous on the bench getting ready for their next shift.

I don't have a problem with him beating out his frustrations on Horcoff. Both got their 5 minute penalties and moved on.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.