Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah since everyone on here thinks hes the next kyle korver itd make everyone on here look bad if he sucks
It's not even that. We need him to help the team by providing shooting. He doesn't have to be Korver to do that.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It's not even that. We need him to help the team by providing shooting. He doesn't have to be Korver to do that.

that is true, he doesn't have to be as good as korver. just a lot of people on here seem to think he will shoot the ball as well as korver does. I think expectations for the kid are waaaay too high this year. he might develop into a solid player but it wont happen this year

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that is true, he doesn't have to be as good as korver. just a lot of people on here seem to think he will shoot the ball as well as korver does. I think expectations for the kid are waaaay too high this year. he might develop into a solid player but it wont happen this year
If he had been healthy the past couple weeks that Dunleavy has been out, he may very well have turned into a solid player this year, but oh well. He's got a chance, but missing that time, especially time where he could've gotten lots of minutes, hurt those chances.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If he had been healthy the past couple weeks that Dunleavy has been out, he may very well have turned into a solid player this year, but oh well. He's got a chance, but missing that time, especially time where he could've gotten lots of minutes, hurt those chances.

yep, he has missed out on an opportunity to get minutes. we just differ on our views of the player, like we seem to on a lot of players lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yep, he has missed out on an opportunity to get minutes. we just differ on our views of the player, like we seem to on a lot of players lol
Right now my opinion is that he's not going to do much this year. I would like him to be a guy who can come in and hit a few 3s off the bench, but with him not being in any kind of rhythm and not playing defense well enough, I just don't know how much he'll be able to contribute since I don't think he'll get enough minutes. It's still possible, just unlikely. Not sure how much that differs from what you think, but I'm fine disagreeing on McDermott because no one really knows anything about how well he's going to do.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Right now my opinion is that he's not going to do much this year. I would like him to be a guy who can come in and hit a few 3s off the bench, but with him not being in any kind of rhythm and not playing defense well enough, I just don't know how much he'll be able to contribute since I don't think he'll get enough minutes. It's still possible, just unlikely. Not sure how much that differs from what you think, but I'm fine disagreeing on McDermott because no one really knows anything about how well he's going to do.

that's basically how I view him. he wont see the floor much at all the rest of this year I don't think. thibs wont trust him with any meaningful minutes. like you said, his defense is atrocious and he wasn't hitting shots before he got "hurt."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that's basically how I view him. he wont see the floor much at all the rest of this year I don't think. thibs wont trust him with any meaningful minutes. like you said, his defense is atrocious and he wasn't hitting shots before he got "hurt."
Idk why you say hurt in quotes. Dude had a tear in his meniscus. Yes he was not playing that well, that is obvious. How much of it was his knee and how much of it was him just sucking is sort of up to you to decide.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Idk why you say hurt in quotes. Dude had a tear in his meniscus. Yes he was not playing that well, that is obvious. How much of it was his knee and how much of it was him just sucking is sort of up to you to decide.

that's why I put it in quotes, hard to know how much of it was truly injury. if mcd had been lighting it up all year, do you think he would of gone to the injured list then? who knows, only the bulls truly know that answer

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that's why I put it in quotes, hard to know how much of it was truly injury. if mcd had been lighting it up all year, do you think he would of gone to the injured list then? who knows, only the bulls truly know that answer
I think at least the last couple games before he had surgery were definitely due to the injury. Either way, he was injured legitimately so he was not "hurt" he was actually hurt. Again, you can speculate all day about how much it impacted his play.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think at least the last couple games before he had surgery were definitely due to the injury. Either way, he was injured legitimately so he was not "hurt" he was actually hurt. Again, you can speculate all day about how much it impacted his play.

im just saying that I think if he had been performing well, he would have never been on the injury list. IMO I think he was put on the injury list partly because of the knee and partly to let him sit and clear his head to come back with a fresh start.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
im just saying that I think if he had been performing well, he would have never been on the injury list. IMO I think he was put on the injury list partly because of the knee and partly to let him sit and clear his head to come back with a fresh start.
I guess that's fair.

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
dougie mcbuckets!!!

Im gonna bet he makes an impact on a game or 2 in the playoffs with a clutch 3 in the 4th or something.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
somebody make the IGT for the cavs game

czman

Liked Posts:

The difference between suck and Korver is pretty far. I am not overly worried about he plays in the short term. I just hope he can be a shot maker in the playoffs. probably highly unlikely at this point.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The difference between suck and Korver is pretty far. I am not overly worried about he plays in the short term. I just hope he can be a shot maker in the playoffs. probably highly unlikely at this point.
Well yes Korver is the opposite of suck. Him being a shot maker is still possible. Just because he shot like 24% through 11 games or whatever doesn't mean he's going to do that for the season. He came into the league as one of the best shooters in the draft, he should average out to be at least decent if he's given a chance.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Let's not forget that Korver has played 11 seasons. Do people expect McD to shoot 50% as a rookie. He's also on a pretty deep team. My hope is that our recent shooting woes will make Thib's realize that McD needs to get some minutes.

People keep saying he'll be a liability on defense, but it's not like Korver is great at defense, right? So Thib's and the Bulls need to realize this, and what McD can bring to the table. Let McD get some minutes and stretch the floor and he can be a major asset this year, imo.

He doesn't have to put up Korver's number this year. As a matter of fact, look at Korver's first year stats:

SeasonTEAMGMINFGFGAFG%FG3FG3AFG3%FTFTAFT%PTSAVG
2003-04Philadelphia7488211532735.28120739.1192479.23304.5

czman

Liked Posts:
He may be back, but he is doing the same thing he was a week ago, just not as well dressed.