Dunleavy obviously is a glue guy!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Give that man a raise. Aoh glue guy is not appreciated when here but things fall apart quick when he's out.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Dunleavy opens up the floor more and gives more spaces for Butler/Rose to drive. But overall, its not a core problem and does nothing to address our shaky defense. However the Bulls have fallen apart without him. Losing Noah has additionally made things worse.

So, I don't know. The Bulls have 2 whole days off here, time to figure out something in practice.

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
Not having Dunleavy also hurts Butler's offensive production because it forces Butler to play the 3 with Kirk at the 2 and Butler used to get easy buckets vs other SG in ISO plays since he's a SG matchup nightmare.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's more important to the Bulls than anyone would have liked to admit. Though it doesn't solve why they're so dreadful defensively

czman

Liked Posts:
It also helps for not having Kirk Hinrich on the floor

I would almost rather have Hinrich out there not shooting then some of these other guys shooting. At least Hinrich only missed 4 shots. Even without Hinrich the other 4 starters shoot 35%.

Hinrich takes to much blame. The entire team was awful. Not sure why he is constantly pointed out when he is making ~2.5 million and he is suppose to be the backup PG. I think we should be expecting a lot more from everyone else that started. He is the one guy I can give a pass. He should be playing ~15 minutes a game coming off the bench.

I still don't understand why Thibs won't start Snell or even McDermott now that he is back. I guess we should blame the player when the coach puts him in a spot where there is no way he can succeed.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would almost rather have Hinrich out there not shooting then some of these other guys shooting. At least Hinrich only missed 4 shots. Even without Hinrich the other 4 starters shoot 35%.

Hinrich takes to much blame. The entire team was awful. Not sure why he is constantly pointed out when he is making ~2.5 million and he is suppose to be the backup PG. I think we should be expecting a lot more from everyone else that started. He is the one guy I can give a pass. He should be playing ~15 minutes a game coming off the bench.

I still don't understand why Thibs won't start Snell or even McDermott now that he is back. I guess we should blame the player when the coach puts him in a spot where there is no way he can succeed.
Snell has started.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was being somewhat facetious. I don't hate Hinrich like many in this forum do. As I've pointed out in thread after thread, he trends as an above average 3pt shooter and usually does very well after the all star break (and quite poorly before then). The team sucked. Hinrich has nothing to do with that.

Yet here he is playing near 30 minutes a game anyway. I don't know why people get some uptight about him, but they do. He is what he is and it's never as bad as they say. Now wait for the Hawk to come in here and rant about how Hinrich being on the team is one of the worst decisions in franchise history.

:clap:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
0 points in 27 minutes. 0 assists. 1 turnover. 3 rebounds. 0 blocks. The bum played just about half of the game. Teams don't even bother to guard the guy. It is 4 against 5 for half of the game. With about two minutes left in the first half, our starting guards had 0 baskets!!!!!!!!!

czman

Liked Posts:
Yet here he is playing near 30 minutes a game anyway. I don't know why people get some uptight about him, but they do. He is what he is and it's never as bad as they say. Now wait for the Hawk to come in here and rant about how Hinrich being on the team is one of the worst decisions in franchise history.

You have lotto numbers for me.

czman

Liked Posts:
0 points in 27 minutes. 0 assists. 1 turnover. 3 rebounds. 0 blocks. The bum played just about half of the game. Teams don't even bother to guard the guy. It is 4 against 5 for half of the game. With about two minutes left in the first half, our starting guards had 0 baskets!!!!!!!!!

I guess just standing next to Hinrich makes Rose shoot like crap.........and Butler............and Gibson...........and Gasol.

I stand corrected, The fact he is staring and playing ~30 minutes a game is his fault and just being on the team makes everyone else clank shots.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess just standing next to Hinrich makes Rose shoot like crap.........and Butler............and Gibson...........and Gasol.

I stand corrected, The fact he is staring and playing ~30 minutes a game is his fault and just being on the team makes everyone else clank shots.
Clearly he's a curse. He is to blame for all things.

At least he has grit though :elephant:

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
He's more important to the Bulls than anyone would have liked to admit. Though it doesn't solve why they're so dreadful defensively

Actually it does because knowing where to be is 80% of the battle in Thibs' defense.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Not having Dunleavy also hurts Butler's offensive production because it forces Butler to play the 3 with Kirk at the 2 and Butler used to get easy buckets vs other SG in ISO plays since he's a SG matchup nightmare.

It isn't just the starting 5. When you don't have Dunleavy starting Kirk starts which means unless Thibs dramatically changes the rotation Brooks is the point guard off the bench and Snell is playing the 3 or Moore is at the 2 and they don't have the leadership that Hinrich gives the second unit. This is even more out of whack with Noah out because Mirotic plays more minutes as the stretch 4 with Gibson or Gasol in the middle with Brooks in that second unit. It's like when Nate Robinson or Watson or Augustin was the point guard, they didn't direct the offense very well when they weren't shooting the ball. But now you're seeing the effects of people playing slightly out of where their best slot in the rotation is on the defensive side.