Is Coaching an Issue?

Should Thibs be fired after this season?

• Yes, he's stubborn and hurts players and/or doesn't develop rookies

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes, the players are losing motivation to play for him

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, even if the Bulls make it to the Finals/Win Title this year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, unless the Bulls fail to make it to the Finals/Win title this year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he'll still be better than any replacement

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No, he's an elite coach and elite coaches go through bumps too

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then take a freakin hour and watch this. It tells the story pretty good. It really puts that 3peat in perspective and shows the character that team had. And then to do it again, just unbelievaBULL!!!

[video=youtube;eve0wooazZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eve0wooazZM[/video]
lol I've watched like all of these kinds of videos at some point or another. Worth a rewatch though, so thanks for reminding me. :)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm surprised Pax is that much of a hothead. He doesn't really seem like that kind of guy. Then again...neither does Steve Kerr and he basically got into the fisticuffs with MJ.
Oh no, Pax was a red ass when he was playing.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I agree, but how does this translate to getting rid of Adams? :dunno: Unless it was a player that Adams suggested we move?

It didn't, was just a random thought yesterday.

And of course, any hint of truth to it was denied by Bulls FO in today's Trib.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It didn't, was just a random thought yesterday.

And of course, any hint of truth to it was denied by Bulls FO in today's Trib.

Was just a random thought by me as well in response to what you said. :dunno:

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Was just a random thought by me as well in response to what you said. :dunno:

Why are the Bulls a seemingly much better road team?.

The Chicago party scene in January certainly isn't at the root of a near .500 home record.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

The Chicago party scene in January certainly isn't at the root of a near .500 home record.

The Bulls play like they hate each other at home.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
not to defend Paxson but i think the problem is moreso with Gar and the trainer chick they hired

thats what all reports suggest anyway

yeah Pax smacked Vinny around but he seems to have taken a back seat on this one and i think is actually pro-thibs

he did speak on what Van Gundy said and was pretty mad about it tho

still coaches always having conflicts when working here is not a good image

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

Well that's an easy question ...... :bizarro: I don't know, the only thing I can think of is that they manage their time better and get more rest on the road. At home, they've got family stuff, traveling and so on. When on the road, they probably stay right next to where they practice, etc.

Do they practice too much, or too hard when they're home and not playing a game that day? Are they traveling too much with the new practice facility downtown? Does the Chicago media have an effect on them at home?

I don't know for sure, but the common denominator to me is they get tired and/or are not ready for the games. This seams like a leadership thing to me. :dunno:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
not to defend Paxson but i think the problem is moreso with Gar and the trainer chick they hired

thats what all reports suggest anyway

yeah Pax smacked Vinny around but he seems to have taken a back seat on this one and i think is actually pro-thibs

he did speak on what Van Gundy said and was pretty mad about it tho

still coaches always having conflicts when working here is not a good image

Trainer chick? What, is she wearing them out on the training table if you know what I mean? I'm starting to think that it might be Gar. I used to deal with Gar's wife in my Business, and we'd have some good convo about the Bulls. She seemed pretty up on a lot of stuff. Well, she ended up screwing me over and showing no loyality at all.

Does this mean anything, no, but fuck Gar is all I say. The one curious thing was that she often joked about the fact that Gar could lose his job anytime so she didn't know how long they'd be there. She said it multiple times so maybe there's something there. Dunno. If it means anything to me, it's that I won't stick up for Gar anymore.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Trainer chick? What, is she wearing them out on the training table if you know what I mean? I'm starting to think that it might be Gar. I used to deal with Gar's wife in my Business, and we'd have some good convo about the Bulls. She seemed pretty up on a lot of stuff. Well, she ended up screwing me over and showing no loyality at all.

Does this mean anything, no, but fuck Gar is all I say. The one curious thing was that she often joked about the fact that Gar could lose his job anytime so she didn't know how long they'd be there. She said it multiple times so maybe there's something there. Dunno. If it means anything to me, it's that I won't stick up for Gar anymore.

Jen Swanson

shes basically been controlling minutes for guys like Noah/Rose and it also seems that players are using her as a "get out of practice" card

i guess thibs feels some kinda way they brought some chick in to tell him how to run his team

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls lay another dud in the first round then more stuff like this will definitely come out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
K.C Johnson reporting the relationship between Tom and the FO is "beyond repair" and that it wouldn't be surprising if the Bulls got rid of him at the end of this season if they don't get their shit together.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
OK, so I'm reading an article by Nick Friedell, and Thib's says this:

"The thing is, we got to look at it," he said, when asked why there are so many stretches when the discipline isn't there. "It doesn't take much. When you're short-handed like this, your margin of error is very, very small. So when guys get in there, they got to get the job done. You can't get away from what you're supposed to do, you got to know what your job is and do your job. We got to be able to count on everybody."

So tell me, just how "short handed" are the Bulls? Does he mean Dunn? That's one fuckin player? Aren't the Bulls supposed to have one of the deepest rosters in the NBA? Then he goes on to say "We got to be able to count on everybody". What? You've got to be kidding me! "Everybody"? Then why the fuck doesn't he play "everybody"? :smh:

Article

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then he goes on to say "We got to be able to count on everybody". What? You've got to be kidding me! "Everybody"? Then why the fuck doesn't he play "everybody"? :smh:

Article
I assume by "everybody" you mean McDermott? Thibs technically went 10 deep last night. He even did what everyone here wanted in barely playing Hinrich and running with Brooks for like the entire game.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

So tell me, just how "short handed" are the Bulls? Does he mean Dunn? That's one fuckin player? Aren't the Bulls supposed to have one of the deepest rosters in the NBA? Then he goes on to say "We got to be able to count on everybody". What? You've got to be kidding me! "Everybody"? Then why the fuck doesn't he play "everybody"? :smh:

Article

My first thought upon finishing the article was, whose team is it?. Inconsistency can often be attributed to lack of identity.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Article

*hint* It's Nick Friedell (or maybe you misread the article, I don't know. I don't give traffic to shitty writers if I can help it.)

Watch the post-game. Tom was being asked bout the last few weeks, not one game. Friedell is notorious for spinning quotes of of context and being a sensationalism-journalist. Doesn't mean you have to like Thibs or accept it as an excuse for anything. But as far as his statement goes, using it with the correct context changes the statement considerably.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
*hint* It's Nick Friedell

Watch the post-game. Tom was being asked bout the last few weeks, not one game. Friedell is notorious for spinning quotes of of context and being a sensationalism-journalist. Doesn't mean you have to like Thibs or accept it as an excuse for anything. But as far as his statement goes, using it with the correct context changes the statement considerably.

And you are notorious for coming up with excuses for everything Bulls-related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
And you're awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? LMAO.

The difference between you and me. I don't root for an agenda. All I did was apply context to the question that was answered. So by giving the correct context, I am suddenly making excuses? Mmmmmkay. Well, I guess truth hurts, and in order to keep the bash-fest going, you need to divert from the contents of the post, and make it personal. :shrug: