Is Coaching an Issue?

Should Thibs be fired after this season?

• Yes, he's stubborn and hurts players and/or doesn't develop rookies

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes, the players are losing motivation to play for him

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, even if the Bulls make it to the Finals/Win Title this year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, unless the Bulls fail to make it to the Finals/Win title this year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he'll still be better than any replacement

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No, he's an elite coach and elite coaches go through bumps too

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diggler0013

Liked Posts:
Luol deng ranks 62nd all time in avg minutes (36)

Allen iverson avg 41 min pg

Lebron is sixth all time at 39

Point is you have to play a lot of minutes to be great and have winning teams. If you get hurt then you play through it if possible. You can't tell me jordan was 100 percent most of the time. He played throug pain a lot and played harder in practice than anyone ever. I don't have a problem with how thibbs does things at all. Guys get hurt you can't do anything about it. You play to win the game. Now when you get older you start making exceptions like for Duncan or whatever. You play it safe after injuries like we did with rose....but now It's time to go for rose though. You can't play not to get hurt, that's how you get hurt.

I think gasol is in the top 50 as well.

You want your best players on the floor for the most minutes...right or wrong?

You don't pay them a hundred million in the prime of the players careers to sit a couple extra minutes a game. If they really want to win they won't have a problem with it.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Point is you have to play a lot of minutes to be great and have winning teams. If you get hurt then you play through it if possible. You can't tell me jordan was 100 percent most of the time. He played throug pain a lot and played harder in practice than anyone ever. I don't have a problem with how thibbs does things at all. Guys get hurt you can't do anything about it. You play to win the game. Now when you get older you start making exceptions like for Duncan or whatever. You play it safe after injuries like we did with rose....but now It's time to go for rose though. You can't play not to get hurt, that's how you get hurt.

I think gasol is in the top 50 as well.

You want your best players on the floor for the most minutes...right or wrong?

You don't pay them a hundred million in the prime of the players careers to sit a couple extra minutes a game. If they really want to win they won't have a problem with it.

I agree with everything you say .... EXCEPT for when the last few years you have been injured, tired, and haven't developed your rookies!

#adjustment

czman

Liked Posts:

So Deng is in the same sentence as Iverson, James, and Jordan.

I thought it would take you 3 months to prove yourself to be an idiot. I betting by the time March first hits you will be considered one.

Diggler0013

Liked Posts:
Obviously deng is the greatest of all time....

Good one again

Your coming out guns blazing!

czman

Liked Posts:
Uh, wasn't his point that Deng was NOT in their same class? :dunno:

Please don't correct him. His ignorance is just starting to get amusing. I was hoping for another reply defending his nonsense.

Diggler0013

Liked Posts:
Amusing is matching asik offer sheet....
Amusing is wanting bellinelli over butler...

All brilliant ideas of czman lol

Ignorance is when you can't interpret someone's post and another poster has to spell it out for you!

Thanks for playing!

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
twilight-zone.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I wonder if Thibs could coach wheelchair basketball. Then what? Would the wheels litterally fall off?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I'm so on the fence with this topic, some are blaming line-ups now while others blame players.

After watching yesterday's performance, one cannot help but wonder if a few guys on the roster simply don't like playing D.

czman

Liked Posts:
Amusing is matching asik offer sheet....
Amusing is wanting bellinelli over butler...

All brilliant ideas of czman lol

Ignorance is when you can't interpret someone's post and another poster has to spell it out for you!

Thanks for playing!

So the Rockets paying Asik 2 years at ~ 5mil per and then flipping him in the large contract year for a first round pick was a terrible move.

Not sure how one can want Marco over Butler. Butler is under contract so it is getting both. It is not like the Bulls sign Maco and Butler turns into a pumpkin. THe idea that you are taking one over the other is just stupid. I have never suggested that. If you think I did you are illiterate. It does not even make a little bit of sense.

Please keep this up. Maybe you can expose yourself by the end of the week.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I added a poll

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love Thibs. But he does right now have a big time coaching problem ahead of him, I think. His problem is going to be to convince a key few guys on his team to play into a system in which their individual stats may suffer but the team ends up on top. In other words, he needs to somehow morph into Popovich. He has got a lot of talent on the court right now which when you add up the numbers individually they should be pretty much on top of everyone but they are not. Whether he can somehow find a system that the players commit to is the big question.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I know I just came from the bears board shit fest, and it's only 10 votes, but I'm very surprised by the results so far.

Diggler0013

Liked Posts:
You wanted Marco to play virtually all of the minutes ahead of butler and you always said butler shouldn't be playing. Then you would go on your rants about how butler would never amount to anything by giving me his stat averages for the year. Mostly bashing his jump shot and three point percentage. Which I realize weren't any good at the time but it was obvious that butler had ten times the talent and skill that Marco had,he was twice the defender also. Marco was just a stop gap bench player. You loved Marco and hated butler. Marco was ok for a role player he was a good sign, but butler was the future and needed to be developed. The bulls weren't going to even sniff winning anything important with Marco playing almost starter minutes.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I know I just came from the bears board shit fest, and it's only 10 votes, but I'm very surprised by the results so far.

Well first, I can relate to the Bears forum. I've been much happier with CCS just staying away from the childish BS over there. 2ndly, I was the 1st to vote yes, category #1. I Love Thib's, I really do, but I'm tired of the same 'ol shit. If the Bulls don't adjust and have an early out AGAIN, especially due to injury, tiredness, or lack of offense, I'll really be supportive of a new coach.

And I can't believe I'm actually saying that! I'd first want the Bulls to hire an offensive guru to work with Thib's, and maybe another coach that can teach the Bulls players to shoot and post up properly. And if Thib's doesn't agree with this, then I suggest that his stubbornness is getting in the way for the Bulls good.

My biggest gripe right now is the fact that he won't get McD any minutes. The Bulls gave up two draft picks for the kid, and he was the best shooter in College last year. There has got to be a way to get this kid some minutes, especially with Dunn on the bench injured. There's no excuse, imo.

McD is too good a shooter to get 0 minutes, period. I'm not suggesting that he's a savior or anything, but get the kid some shots to develop him and get his confidence up. All one has to do is look at what GS and ATL are doing to see that a 3 pt shooter can be big for the team.

I don't want to hear he was struggling before his injury, no one knows if his knee was part of the struggle. Besides, 17 games at 11 minutes/game is not going to get anyone going.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Well first, I can relate to the Bears forum. I've been much happier with CCS just staying away from the childish BS over there. 2ndly, I was the 1st to vote yes, category #1. I Love Thib's, I really do, but I'm tired of the same 'ol shit. If the Bulls don't adjust and have an early out AGAIN, especially due to injury, tiredness, or lack of offense, I'll really be supportive of a new coach.

And I can't believe I'm actually saying that! I'd first want the Bulls to hire an offensive guru to work with Thib's, and maybe another coach that can teach the Bulls players to shoot and post up properly. And if Thib's doesn't agree with this, then I suggest that his stubbornness is getting in the way for the Bulls good.

My biggest gripe right now is the fact that he won't get McD any minutes. The Bulls gave up two draft picks for the kid, and he was the best shooter in College last year. There has got to be a way to get this kid some minutes, especially with Dunn on the bench injured. There's no excuse, imo.

McD is too good a shooter to get 0 minutes, period. I'm not suggesting that he's a savior or anything, but get the kid some shots to develop him and get his confidence up. All one has to do is look at what GS and ATL are doing to see that a 3 pt shooter can be big for the team.

I don't want to hear he was struggling before his injury, no one knows if his knee was part of the struggle. Besides, 17 games at 11 minutes/game is not going to get anyone going.

Supposedly Ron Adams was the assistant coach that really helped the guys with their shots, especially Rose before he became a casualty of a power struggle between Gar and Thibs (allegedly). If that's the case, Thibs has not replaced that guy since then. Also, he only seems to like one kind of player coming off the bench which is a rebounding and defensive grindy hustle player. The only rooks Thibs has given decent minutes were Asik in the ECF season and Mirotic this year, plus the guys logging major PT off the bench have been Taj, Asik, CJ, and Kirk. It's great that they pulled out the win tonight, but his style and rotations have not produced real playoff success in the last three years.