Patrick Kane has 200 career goals

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends on his ability to go the distance, career wise. Knock on wood and cross ur fingers.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Chelios-Leetch are pretty tough to combat... when you look across some statistical numbers of when guys have near 100 point seasons it's actually something that trails off around 27-28. Unless Kane bucks that trend or somehow plays at his PPG pace in his late 30s I don't see him passing them to most people. Can he pass Modano as the best American forward? Perhaps. But Modano had more Pts and Goals by this point in his career. But in the end Modano never won an individual award and 1 cup.. to trophy followers Kane may get some more nods when its all said in done but it'd be tough to make a definitive case.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had forgotten about Cheli! Still, Kaner is only 26...

He's still a pup!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
::gazes around for TCD, slowly drops bait into water:: And besides, we all know Modano is the greatest American player ever and no one will top him ::runs away giggling like a school girl to wait for TCD::

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
to me Pat Lafontaine is the greatest american born player of all time. Had he not had so many head injuries nobody would even bring up Mike Modano's name.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dominick Hasek said a while back that it was a good goal.

Hull's foot was in the crease. Maybe he meant it would/should have been a good goal if the rules weren't fucked up at the time.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Hasek doesn't know rules, he knows, "I go in goal, I stop puck." He didn't stop puck that play so the goal is good to him.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hasek doesn't know rules, he knows, "I go in goal, I stop puck." He didn't stop puck that play so the goal is good to him.

All kidding aside, Hasek said Hull never interfered with him. I always hate when Buffalo fans wine about that. If my memory serves me correctly, even if it had not been ruled a goal, Buffalo still would have had to find a way to win that game a Game 7.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
to me Pat Lafontaine is the greatest american born player of all time. Had he not had so many head injuries nobody would even bring up Mike Modano's name.

100% agree. The guy was incredible.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All kidding aside, Hasek said Hull never interfered with him. I always hate when Buffalo fans wine about that. If my memory serves me correctly, even if it had not been ruled a goal, Buffalo still would have had to find a way to win that game a Game 7.

He didn't interfere with him at all. But back then was the "in the crease" rule. If even your toe was in the blue, no goal. His whole foot was in.
I hated that rule and I'm glad it's gone, but back then they were calling it all the time on every team. Except in this case.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The controversy wasn't that Hull interfered with him, the controversy was that Hull's foot was in the crease and at the time, the rules stated that a player could not score a goal if any part of his body was in the crease. This should have been considered NO GOAL. But, supposedly the NHL sent out a private memo to the teams and officials before the playoffs that if as long as the player had possession and didn't interfere with the goalie it would be considered a good goal.

Next season though the NHL removed the rule so that as long as the goaltender isn't interfered with a player can score inside the crease as long as the goalie is not interfered with.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why we talking about Hasek anyway? Kane's shootout goals don't count.

[video=youtube;i0_Qpbt-Obc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0_Qpbt-Obc[/video]

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;PqGCqITWaMI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGCqITWaMI[/video]
I bet Havlat would need to get Kaner the soda today.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
only 200? Trade him and Crawford for Ryan Miller, straight up!