Same line...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Do we have enough talent to keep Kane and Toews on the same line... Not that it was ever the issue... But I mean seriously we can still have a stacked second and solid 3rd line if Kane and Toews are on the top line...

Anyone else really like when they play on the same line... Or is it just me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
We have plenty of talent able to do so, but do you really want your two best players on the same line which forces them to see the oppositions best defensive pairing, or on two separate lines that forces one of their lines to see a weaker pairing?

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
We have plenty of talent able to do so, but do you really want your two best players on the same line which forces them to see the oppositions best defensive pairing, or on two separate lines that forces one of their lines to see a weaker pairing?

This.

The absolute best (and, just as important, the deepest) lineup the Hawks can field is one with Toews and Kane on separate lines.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ohhh god you did it now trev. I can see the argument being formulated.... Kane only got 200 goals because he's on the second line and the other teams best defensive pairing had to face Toews... they don't count because he didn't play against the other teams best pairing!!!!! Trade him for turris.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
It certainly does make for a great line, but as the others already mentioned, I can understand why we never see it. Q seems to like to keep the Toews/Kane line in his back pocket for when the Hawks are really struggling, unlike this previous slump -- which is hopefully over. It's usually only if it's during the playoffs as well.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
On the same line or not it depends on the growth of the young prospects. Luckily there is good reason to think the talent pool currently on the Hawks is a good unit.

Plenty of people like it... there is also others like Q though who like the Toews-Hossa pairing more because no matter what you are comfortable with them on the ice shutting down top talent and generating offense against anyone usually well.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Ohhh god you did it now trev. I can see the argument being formulated.... Kane only got 200 goals because he's on the second line and the other teams best defensive pairing had to face Toews... they don't count because he didn't play against the other teams best pairing!!!!! Trade him for turris.

I wasn't bashing Kane, just explaining why he was 200 points higher than the next closest guy.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I wasn't bashing Kane, just explaining why he was 200 points higher than the next closest guy.

Sorry, I should have quoted what I was responding to there, that was two different comments, that quote was to why you put them on two separate lines... Not as to why he has 200 more points than the next closest guy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Runblad!!!!!