Deflate gate - MEGA THREAD

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Belicheat strikes again. There's always something. Taking advantage of a loop hole in the eligible receiver rule wasn't enough? -Don Shula

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
rustlin-out-my-jimmies.gif

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
shouldn't they be easier to catch for the Colts too?

Not saying the cheated or not, but I think each team is in charge of handling and getting their own balls onto the field. So if that's the case, no.

We need a universal ball handler. I am sure there are many on the board who would apply for the job.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
shouldn't they be easier to catch for the Colts too?

I guess they switch balls? Dunno, maybe just some but hurt Colts fans, but if true can hardly wait for the fallout......

Toast88

Liked Posts:
When a lineman's running down the field on a passing play, it's probably a good idea to cover him.

EDIT: I thought we were talking about that lining up ineligible thing that they did again, I'm sure to the chagrin of the poster who said last week he lost all respect for Belichick because of it.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying the cheated or not, but I think each team is in charge of handling and getting their own balls onto the field. So if that's the case, no.

I thought the article said the home team is responsible to have 36 balls ready for the game. I only skimmed it though.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the article said the home team is responsible to have 36 balls ready for the game. I only skimmed it though.

It did. But the colts would play with the same balls.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:

You may be very well correct. I didn't read it. I do know that the are people in charge of warming the balls and or scuffing them up a little. Even if what you said is true though and the home team supplies the balls, couldn't they only do half of them or so?

If the home team is in charge, it wouldn't be that hard to do.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I don't think they cheated, but they are guilty of douchery.

Throwing a 40 yard bomb up 45-7 with 4 minutes left? Douchery.

Keeping Brady in the game up 45-7 with 4 minutes left? Douchery.

Running an end around reverse up 45-7 with 3 minutes left? Douchery.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think they cheated, but they are guilty of douchery.

Throwing a 40 yard bomb up 45-7 with 4 minutes left? Douchery.

Keeping Brady in the game up 45-7 with 4 minutes left? Douchery.

Running an end around reverse up 45-7 with 3 minutes left? Douchery.

Honestly, I hope they do the same to the Seahawks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
From the rule book:

The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements. Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
When a lineman's running down the field on a passing play, it's probably a good idea to cover him.

EDIT: I thought we were talking about that lining up ineligible thing that they did again, I'm sure to the chagrin of the poster who said last week he lost all respect for Belichick because of it.

it's gay, it's like Belichick got a new toy and was dying to show everybody how smart he was...after about the 3rd one last night my Pats friends were like...just run Blount man....stop the madness

Newblood

Liked Posts:
So what happens if they are found guilty? The Pats are fined and continue getting ready for their Superbowl game where they will make 100x times the fine cost?