Which is more annoying?

Which is more annoying with the TV broadcast?

• Pat Foley and Eddie O on their "inside joke" tangents

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Pierre McGuire saying anything at all

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

FlyChicaga

Liked Posts:
I wish HDTV could sync with WGN720, because I'd much rather listen to John Wiedeman and Troy Murray.

What say you about the TV broadcasts?

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't mind Penis McGuire. He can get too excited for certain players and verbal diarrhea on where they started their hockey careers, but at least it's about hockey. Whereas Pat & Edzo just ramble about some stupid shit that has nothing to do with the game. That said, think that Pat & Edzo are probably one of the better broadcast teams in the league. Wiedeman and Murray are top notch and should be the obvious choice once Foley retires. Edzo can move to NBC or move wholesale on betting on the ponies.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I happen to love Foley and Edzo.... Foley is an enjoyable play-by-play guy and Edzo cracks me up.

Idk why so many people from IHN seem to dislike Foley and Edzo.... seems like I've heard some hate there from a few people.

IMO you cannot get worse in terms of hockey broadcast than these 2:
u5keqXm.png

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Pat and Eddie. It will be a sad day in Chicago when Foley retires. I wish they would stop the in game shoutouts though. I know CSN probably makes them do it but some of them are just ridiculous. Someone just lost a family member, that's fine. But I don't give a flying fuck if little Johnny is having a sleepover with all his friends and they're watching the Hawks game.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked Foley back in the day. This new installment of Pat and Eddie sucks. It's not so much Pat (although his frequent mistakes are bothersome) as it is Edzo I dislike. They can keep all the yuk-yuk BS fluff and talk about hockey. When Pat is with Konroyd it's much better IMO. Wiedeman and Murry would be great on TV IMO.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I usually watch the other commentators, realizing that Pat and Eddie are some of the better pairs in the league.
Watch Tampa, Dallas, Phx or LA sometime if you think Foley and Edzo are bad. I think they're middle of the pack, TBH.
Doc called Teuvo Teravainen "Hossa" last night, but at least it wasn't a giggle fest.

Just call the damn games. Pierre's side show is embarrassing too, but at least I can mute him if need be.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I hearing things, or did Doc yell "Kane" when Hossa scored?
[video=youtube;nikmYmfDADE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nikmYmfDADE[/video]

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The problem I have with them is the constant yammering on about stupid shit. They get off tangent so fucking much and it gets really annoying. Especially when the puck is in play. Call the fucking game. That doesn't seem to happen when Konroyd is filling in for Edzo. It's like they just can't control themselves together.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does anyone else remember when Foley had that on-ice ceremony before the game so they had Edzo do play-by-play for the first minute or so of the game.... it was so fucking lulzy.... "Eh uh yep hes got the puck and he uh passes it over to uh yup"

Idk I enjoy that they are both Hawk homers and they have some camaraderie.... I don't pay enough attention to them to get annoyed by the shout outs and junk I suppose. During breaks or lulls I am usually on my laptop doing something else tuning them out anyways.

IMO Pat and Edzo are the 2 kinds of guys I want as my hometown homer announcers.... better than football where I gotta listen to Joe Buck suck Packer dick for 60 mins.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked Foley back in the day. This new installment of Pat and Eddie sucks. It's not so much Pat (although his frequent mistakes are bothersome) as it is Edzo I dislike. They can keep all the yuk-yuk BS fluff and talk about hockey. When Pat is with Konroyd it's much better IMO. Wiedeman and Murry would be great on TV IMO.
I definitely agree, Konroyd just sticks to talking hockey, Foley realizes that and sticks to hockey as well. Pat and Eddy should stick to hockey, its when they get to carried away with the BS that makes me crazy. I would'nt miss P and E at all if Wiedeman and TM did the TV side of the broadcast.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I can't stand Bostons TV duo. Jack Edwards is a bigger homer than Hawk Harrellson

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's really annoying in a blowout game when they start wandering down their own personal dials.
I agree with Pez. Call the game. Even if it's 8-1. I don't care about Eddie's kid playing at Penn State or giggling over ice cream cones.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I usually watch the other commentators, realizing that Pat and Eddie are some of the better pairs in the league.
Watch Tampa, Dallas, Phx or LA sometime if you think Foley and Edzo are bad. I think they're middle of the pack, TBH.
Doc called Teuvo Teravainen "Hossa" last night, but at least it wasn't a giggle fest.

Just call the damn games. Pierre's side show is embarrassing too, but at least I can mute him if need be.

There is no worse broadcast team than Tampa. I have to watch those dorks whenever the Hawks play Tampa, due to being close to Tampa. All they do is whine and complain, when Tampa doesn't get calls.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Really need to go with Dany on this one... Foley is a sad sad drunken shell of his former self. And Edzo is so much better in the booth without him. Pierre though horrible can at least be laughed at by how he's treated and what comes out of his mouth, Eddie and Foley together are now basically nails on a chalkboard. I wish I could punch him in the face every time he says tree instead of three like it's the greatest joke ever.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
John and Troy are an outstanding team, although I think Troy gets on the bandwagon of hitting/fighting/retaliation a bit too much for my liking.

Pat and Edzo are good. They do get off-topic a lot and sometimes it can be an annoyance but I've grown up with Foley's voice in my ears for Hawks hockey and you're not gonna find me saying too many bad things about the guy.

Also, Doc Emrick rules.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John and Troy are an outstanding team, although I think Troy gets on the bandwagon of hitting/fighting/retaliation a bit too much for my liking.

Pat and Edzo are good. They do get off-topic a lot and sometimes it can be an annoyance but I've grown up with Foley's voice in my ears for Hawks hockey and you're not gonna find me saying too many bad things about the guy.

Also, Doc Emrick rules.

You should start banning people who talk smack about Pat and Edzo.... get all Scooty up in here.

:hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have no idea who any of these announcers are...who does the normal CSN broadcasts? They seem ok to me...yay noob opinions

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We can get it out of the way, Foley is a Hall of Famer. But since his return he's increasingly gone downhill. Like most of the folks in his position around the UC sans Frank the Tank, they've become all about being personalities of themselves when McD came on board. He's a charecature of his former self and it's sad to see as I too grew up loving his calls. His spiel with Edzo only makes it worse, when he's with Konroyd he's not as bad, and when Eddie does national he's not bad. But when they are together it's almost like they are acting the parts instead of calling games. It's extremely annoying to have them constantly get off on tangents and flat out stop calling the game or throw in wrong info in between. The thing we love about Foley was how he called the game, and when he used to have to call it because he was the radio and tv voice it was great, but now that he doesn' t have to worry about actually calling the game because we can see it, he seems to just get drunk and give up at times.