Vintage Championship Shirts Discussion and Guide

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I split this post from the original topic. -Crystallas

I ended up tossing mine. I had a ton from 93, as well as the second 3 peat.

I still everything from 98', including hats and shirts w/hologram tags...never worn or washed.

Vintage Bulls gear is hard to find, been looking for that "Greatest Team Ever, 72-10" T-shirt for months now.

No luck, even on Ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My parents had some championship shirts from the 3rd ship and maybe the 72 win season. I never wanted to touch them because...well...why ruin such memorabilia? I currently have no idea where those shirts are and it saddens me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
LOL, I still wear Bulls shirts from 91. I do have a fairly worn starter-style jacket from the 80s that I don't wear. The funny thing about old clothing, they wear out, regardless if you put them on or not. They will fall apart in a box somewhere.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In my case the shirts were like XL sized so they wouldn't fit my scrawny body anyway

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I often pondered the thought of archiving the artwork on a lot of these shirts so we can get someone to do repros on a hush-hush level, while using new stock shirts to do it.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You had 7 official Championship shirts for every year of the dynasty.

The first was the locker room shirts and caps(self explanatory, stuff the players wore after winning). You can also include the limited runs of Eastern Conference Champs, Central Division Champs, Regular season champs(if you had the best record) and in 96 there was the limited 70-game shirts and 72 game shirts. All stuff players got in the locker room, but it's like a hockey curse, some players wont wear anything except the Conference and NBA Championship shirts. I don't think the 70 win shirts ever went on sale. At least I never saw them outside of a sports report off the evening news. Maybe people at the arena got them? I'm not 100% sure.

The Sports Bar shirts, which were very simple. You could buy them in stores, but they're designed so you could wear a half-apron around them with the printing nice and high. At least that's how a number of others have explained it to me.

The team Caricature shirts.

The Larry O'Brien trophy shirts.

Then you had the back-to-school/fall t-shirts. The league champion was the only one to have it say on their shirts.

The Ring shirts. Some of shirts had the Rings on them, but the Ring shirts were just a picture of the rings.

Finally you had the banner-day shirts. That is what you posted.

Of course, there were a lot of other shirts too, including exclusives with department stores, but these were the basic ones that all 6 championships had. I have A bumper sticker from Venture with Back2Back with a Bulls logo on it. They gave those away for free, and they also had their own official Bulls Tee for 92 that nobody else had. Newspaper Headline, official NBA licensed shirts existed for all 6 as well. But I consider that an exclusive(something you got when subscribing to the newspaper). Sports Illustrated did something like this too, but IIRC, they did more hoodies and sweatshirts.

So there is no real shortage on these shirts, just a lot of holes on documenting all of it for any would be collectors/nostalgics.

My favorite shirts were all fan made, bought at Flea Markets. Those guys did full color prints, detailed artwork, covering a huge amount of the cotton. Very 90s-like stuff, but also very awesome.

Last edited:

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

Found quite a few by re-entering search terms from your link...TY

Including this one, that until today never knew even existed:

$_57.JPG

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
That's pretty cool - never seen anything like that before!